Sign in to follow this  
sndwurks

Dave of the Five Rings - Chapter 34

http://www.cardboardrepublic.com/articles/dave-of-the-five-rings/dotr-chapter-thirty-four

Wherein I discuss the situation of the Unicorn Clan and their upcoming Clan Pack, new RPG supplements, and due to the holiday season publication delay, comments about the Kotei season that are no longer up to date!

Unless the Unicorn pack has high powered cards for the clan, I think CotE is probably going to be equally, if not more, impactful than the clan pack.

The theory behind the clan packs is that They offer the clan a new way to play.  Unicorn could be an exception since they started so far behind.

With a neutral Toturi coming and Yoritomo already having great synergy with the new Unicorn stronghold, we may see more Unicorn venture further out of clan, while thematically cool, it might not result in the Unicorn clan being represented the way the clan loyalists might like.

I'm excited to see how things go, but, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous. 

Trying to play catch up while introducing new themes and focuses is very difficult to balance.  Could end up anywhere between something completely busted that leads to RL nerfing for the Unicorn, or could a clan being torn in a dozen different directions, none of which are quite complete.

Fingers crossed FFG finds the sweet spot 

On 1/11/2019 at 7:52 AM, Ishi Tonu said:

Unless the Unicorn pack has high powered cards for the clan, I think CotE is probably going to be equally, if not more, impactful than the clan pack.

The theory behind the clan packs is that They offer the clan a new way to play.  Unicorn could be an exception since they started so far behind.

With a neutral Toturi coming and Yoritomo already having great synergy with the new Unicorn stronghold, we may see more Unicorn venture further out of clan, while thematically cool, it might not result in the Unicorn clan being represented the way the clan loyalists might like.

I'm excited to see how things go, but, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous. 

Trying to play catch up while introducing new themes and focuses is very difficult to balance.  Could end up anywhere between something completely busted that leads to RL nerfing for the Unicorn, or could a clan being torn in a dozen different directions, none of which are quite complete.

Fingers crossed FFG finds the sweet spot 

I think against the waves will go back in the RL (you can do very well with Shahai and that card), and of course curved blade will be on the RL.

Let's see what else, lol