Tabris2k

Masters of the Court - Crane Clan Pack

I just noticed they haven’t announced a Novella along with the clan pack, as with the other packs. 

Could be that, with the accelerated release of all the packs, they don’t want the story to progress too quickly. Right until now, each novella was set between “cycles”: Phoenix between core and Imperial cycle, then Scorp, then Elemental, then Unicorn. With fictions in each cycle that set up the novellas. 

So maybe skipping the cycle that should be between the Uni and the Crane can mess up the story if they publish the novella now. 

59 minutes ago, Tabris2k said:

I just noticed they haven’t announced a Novella along with the clan pack, as with the other packs. 

Could be that, with the accelerated release of all the packs, they don’t want the story to progress too quickly. Right until now, each novella was set between “cycles”: Phoenix between core and Imperial cycle, then Scorp, then Elemental, then Unicorn. With fictions in each cycle that set up the novellas. 

So maybe skipping the cycle that should be between the Uni and the Crane can mess up the story if they publish the novella now. 

There is also the possibility that the Novella just isn't done yet as they likely would have has a set plan for release and likely expected 1 Novella every 3-4 months so they may not have had the outlines to go with the further books yet.

The clan pack acceleration caused it. The novels are more than likely being worked on, but the playtest and production of cards is much faster as the novels need more time to story build and proof reading.

The Unicorn was fine because it was done before they pushed the clan packs to be sooner than they had intended.

Though they should have know slow rolling clan packs wasn’t a good idea since certain clans would have more card options and still keep getting more with each later release.

7 hours ago, Victarion13 said:

Let's wait at least a week or so, and let see if they announced it too.

I really want the novella too

Well the Phoenix clan pack and novella where announced a month apart (though oddly the novella was available before the clan pack.)....but the Scorpion and Unicorn packs & novellas where announced at the same time....but those two where prepared before the clan packs got accelerated forward.... so maybe give the Crane novella announcement a month.

FFG said the rest of the clan packs would be out in 2019, so where probably getting clan packs every two or three months until their done. Some of the novellas might coincide with the clan pack release, but most probably won’t.

I recall there was a shipping delay during the Scorpion pack release where it ended up being lumped together with the RPG releases and its own novella. It wasn't intentional but that made it for a very pricey L5R weekend when it came to merchandise collecting purchases.

4 hours ago, Kakita Shiro said:

And toxic men never stop laughing.

I'm pretty sure they stop laughing when the lady looking dude challenges them to a duel...................

What really needs to be brought to light is that the whole lady looking dude is a scheme by the Crane to induce people to make offensive statements so they can feign insult to their honor and demand retribution.

Don't be fooled by the pristine white plumage of the Crane, the undersides of their feathers at just as dirty as any other bird in Rokugan.

#getwoke

Edited by Ishi Tonu

12 minutes ago, Ishi Tonu said:

Don't be fooled by the pristine white plumage of the Crane, the undersides of their feathers at just as dirty as any other bird in Rokugan.

#getwoke

Except for the Phoenix. We’re on fire, we burn the dirty. 

25 minutes ago, Tabris2k said:

Except for the Phoenix. We’re on fire, we burn the dirty. 

Phoenix might be the dirtiest of the bunch.  That's why they chose a self-igniting bird for their clan animal.

59 minutes ago, Mirith said:

So its all ashy and smells bad?

Smells like victory. 

44 minutes ago, Ishi Tonu said:

Phoenix might be the dirtiest of the bunch.  That's why they chose a self-igniting bird for their clan animal.

When in doubt, set yourself on fire. Foolproof plan in every situation. 

8 minutes ago, HirumaShigure said:

Well, I don't know about everyone else, but I am so ready for some new cards, be they CotE, Unicorn, or Crane Clan packs! 

Supposedly CotE shipments got set back till February. So we should have gotten CotE around now, but we’ll have to wait a-little longer.