Clutterbuck

Mynock Squadron 152 Feedback

2 minutes ago, SOTL said:

All we are is dust in the wind, dude.

True. Which is all the more reason why you have to carefully consider what you say and do. The thoughtful man will be remembered longer for his words than the mocker. 

Just now, SOTL said:

I've been remembered too much already.

According to some posts I've seen, it use to be for good things. If you want to dismantle that legacy, that's up to you. Seems a shame, though.

2 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

According to some posts I've seen, it use to be for good things. If you want to dismantle that legacy, that's up to you. Seems a shame, though.

Entirely deliberate.

3 hours ago, SOTL said:

Boba loses a ton from the sheer amount of I6s that are going to happily sit in his blind spot, and of the I6s Fenn currently looks a step short.

Hmm, interesting theory, be curious to see in practice.

I say that because one of the better I6 pilots, and probably the best Empire one, is not in Hyperspace. So if the Hyperspace meta is going to be, as you claim, that is unfortunate. Because that significantly narrows the faction scope, and makes the FO and Resistance the clear dominant factions.

Because that means it will also trickle to extended. With, perhaps, the caveat that the factions hurt most by such a meta (Empire IMO, but your claim is Scum which is 180° off what I would have suspected), would have more tools at their disposal to counter such a high I meta.

However if what you claim is true, would that open Scum Han to becoming their dominant meta pilot? The Scum Falcon is already one of their strongest ships for its points, only overshadowed by Boba because Boba is ridiculously efficient.

Also if you are right, I’ll be happy to see Wedge at the top of the meta, mainly because I think the people saying Wedge is bad are pants on head crazy.

10 hours ago, millertime059 said:

So if the Hyperspace meta is going to be, as you claim, that is unfortunate. Because that significantly narrows the faction scope, and makes the FO and Resistance the clear dominant factions.

Almost as if that were by design...

X wing podcasts openly insulting the player base then having the balls to ask for money for it is one of the most amusing things about this whole community. It's been happening on and off for a long time.

That anyone donates a nickle is astonishing.

Patreon is a fascinating thing really. Suddenly everyone wants to get paid for their hobbies. It just so happens that x wing podcasters main contribution to the community is to openly ridicule it.

Anyone can sit around with their buddies and talk smack once a week. It's not a valuable service worth paying for.

This is not a mynock specific problem. 

17 hours ago, Rytackle said:

Also, one last note on “Kraytisms”. Dropping the Kaefabe(sp?) for a minute. I’ll publically day that aside from Dión, Mu0n, a couple others, NO ONE is doing more for the X-Wing community than @Brunas and he deserves more recognition. They don’t do a Patreon and are constantly giving to charity. They like to poke fun too, but as a whole the Krayts are more wholesome than most of what I see in miniature Gaming (rekt). If I use their mannerisms it’s because they are great at making memes and spreading them around the community. The kraytventing is real. And nothing is malicious or targeted, unless you’re a terrible person and deserve it (which thankfully doesn’t exist much in our community). 

This is all true, but for some reason hearing Krayt-isms come out from other voices makes them seem way worse and insulting than they do on their show. Somehow they seem to have managed to work out a way to use their style for good(ish), but there's still issues with the kind of tone it introduces if you aren't careful with it.

(fwiw, in general I thought that this was one of the best episodes for a while, so I guess it swings and roundabouts)

Edited by __underscore__

30 minutes ago, Velvetelvis said:

X wing podcasts openly insulting the player base then having the balls to ask for money for it is one of the most amusing things...

Anyone can sit around with their buddies and talk smack once a week. It's not a valuable service worth paying for.

This is not a mynock specific problem. 

I also come here to talk smack! Look: "You ALL SUCK M****R F*****S!!!"

Now how do I open a patreon?☺️

Fly casual

Edited by RedHotDice

1 hour ago, LordBlades said:

If FFG made the 2 factions that rely most on the secondary market in Hyperspace the best faction by intent, that wouldn't be a very smart move.

They won't be the best faction, Jedi will be.  Because they need to force you to buy it.

2 minutes ago, SOTL said:

They won't be the best faction, Jedi will be.  Because they need to force you to buy it.

Pun aside, what I've seen so far for Separatists seems rather underwhelming to me. I'd be surprised of the Republic had significant power creep. 

I was able to finish the rest of the episode - thank you for the encouragement, those who recommended the rest of it.  I did enjoy the deep dive into Poe play.  I appreciated Kevin's insights - he certainly had some ideas that had not occurred to me.  I would like to hear more about what his approach is to turn 0 with Poe, especially how he aims to set up the rocks to enable his usage of Trick Shot, as well as further insight on how one flies to maximize bullseye usage.  It seems like a lot of commentary has been [hands in the air] it'll be nice if I get it.  Haven;t heard a lot of deep dive on how to make best use of bullseye.  

Thumbs Up to a great (with the exception of a few minutes toward the start) episode.  

The Trick Shot vs Heroic was an interesting conversation.

As an Imperial player, I run Trick Shot a lot as filler because Ruthless doesn't fit well in many unique/ace lists like how Heroic or Selfless may slot in easily. While I love Trick Shot as it basically says, "I get to use the obstacles defensively, and you don't" if I had the option to take Heroic over TS as my default "whelp, don't have need of a specific Talent on this ship soo..." card I would in a hearbeat for the 1pt insurance against variance with more expensive unique pilots.

I would expect to see TS go up to 2 pts in the points balance pass so its not an auto-include.

Man, there is some excellent Hyperspace Meta-theory in here if you can get through the yelling. I'm so curious to see how the points rebalancing works out, especially for Scum.

19 hours ago, Rytackle said:

Hey Ryan here,

So a couple things. First off, we always really appreciate feedback. Podcasting weekly is always a learning experience and we really don’t get a good gauge on if people like/dislike what we’re doing as it’s happening. 

It never feels good when you think you’re being made fun of (I think I know as well as any...) If extended is your favorite format, you like it more, and I offended you then I am very sorry. 

However, I want to make it clear, that Dee and I have poked fun at the hot topics going on since we started the podcast. I’m known for saying once that Miranda Nym players are “Dead to me”. Dee has called out Ghost Fenn and TLT players. It’s just something we do, (we even had a whole beef segment people seemed to like for a while until they didn’t.)

I don’t want to say “you didn’t get the joke”, because clearly I’m not good at setting up a punchline, but what who I was trying to make fun of were players who are giving “faux outrage” about Hyperspace. What I mean by this, are people moaning and complaining that they can’t fly Turr Phenir, but never would’ve ever flown him anyway because they instead choose the most broken available combo. 

Ive said ON THE PODCAST that I have nothing against people like Starslinger72, who want open variety in their choices, and will exercise those options. I just don’t like disengenuine people, and there are a whole lot of them. I have a couple locals who I’ve heard complain about Hyperspace, only to bring Redline, Soontir, Whisper to an event. 

So if I offended you (not the OP) for not likeing Hyperspace simply because you want an excuse to complain about something, then I’m not sorry and you can stay mad. I don’t care. 

Also, one last note on “Kraytisms”. Dropping the Kaefabe(sp?) for a minute. I’ll publically day that aside from Dión, Mu0n, a couple others, NO ONE is doing more for the X-Wing community than @Brunas and he deserves more recognition. They don’t do a Patreon and are constantly giving to charity. They like to poke fun too, but as a whole the Krayts are more wholesome than most of what I see in miniature Gaming (rekt). If I use their mannerisms it’s because they are great at making memes and spreading them around the community. The kraytventing is real. And nothing is malicious or targeted, unless you’re a terrible person and deserve it (which thankfully doesn’t exist much in our community). 

In summation, I love our podcast. I’ve been working my butt off in order to improve the content, clarify our voices, and ensure it’s VALUABLE to people. Yet, I totally understand that we aren’t for everyone. Arguments can for sure be made that Radio TCX, Gold Squadron Podcast, The Birminham Barons, and several others are better than us. But I’m going to keep doing it because I enjoy it and the community makes it worth it to me  

Lol - don't get your shorts in a knot - thanks for all of the hard work you put in.   Over the years I have really enjoyed the podcast - keep reading those cards to me.   

8 minutes ago, Q10fanatic said:

Man, there is some excellent Hyperspace Meta-theory in here if you can get through the yelling. I'm so curious to see how the points rebalancing works out, especially for Scum.

Ugh. Is there a transcript or something?

This was my favorite episode yet. Loved the thoughtful debate based around how to build Poe in a way to make you better at the game. 

If they did this every podcast, with an emphasis on how to list build meta staples to raise your ceiling on burden of execution I'd be highly satisfied. 

1 hour ago, SOTL said:

This is my fear. Given the pricing of the chase cards with the scum falcon as well as the ship and escape craft itself, the pricing of the Resistance A-wings vs. Rebel iterations, Force chase cards in the prequel factions that we won't want to wait for, etc FFG wants to incentivize these new faction and model purchases. And of course they are entitled to do that... They're a business. I just will have to figure out how to compete against them with what I have.

Hopefully the Republic faction will be more tilted towards mechanics like the republic Arc-170 side flank arc benefits instead of just being the Die Mod Faction. It sure would be interesting if those new obstacles had negative effects that affected droids AND force users more significantly that others... . But I doubt it, that's tricky. They'd have to be willing to put a whole wall of confusing text into something like that.... Oh wait.... Grappling Struts. 🤔