Da_Brown_Bomber

Create a new upgrade card competition (Winners announced!)

5 minutes ago, player3049613 said:

they are both mods can't use on y-wings

In which case both are too costly. +4 for the first (adds versatility but eliminates defensibility), -6 for the second would be fair (eats 2 slots).

Somehow I don't think getting automatic -6 points (or even -4) is a good idea on a ship you weren't going to take munitions on anyway.  There aren't even enough good mods to fight for the space either.

18 points for your Z-95s when TIEs can't be reduced below 23?  Sign me up, but it's probably a terrible balance issue.  It also makes Boba and multiple slim aces (Poe, Guri, Vader, etc) cheaper, which can't be good.

Negative-point upgrades in 1.0 were used as a balancing tool, and only given to certain ships.  But now they can just do all that in the app.

Edited by Matanui3

8 hours ago, Autosketch said:

EiMqjDE.jpg

proposed points: 4 or 5

I would rather do glory hog, If the ship you are attacking has higher initiative than you, you may reroll 1 blank result. 

The idea is that there are many EPT pilots in the middle range, and that low Int pilots don't have the slot.

We could take it further and make it have a unique pilot requirement. So you don't just load up on green squadron vet or black squadron ace.

Edited by Marinealver

8 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Neat, be difficult to proc though.

yea, it's a tough call on making it range 1 vs 1-2, it may well need the slight bump, but powerful when it goes off!

2 hours ago, Malburet said:

Morning.

Please, which template do you use to do the new upgrade?

just pasted in some text and pictures using photoshop, didn't use a template, sorry.

6 minutes ago, Marinealver said:

I would rather do glory hog, If the ship you are attacking has higher initiative than you, you may reroll 1 blank result. 

The idea is that there are many EPT pilots in the middle range, and that low Int pilots don't have the slot.

We could take it further and make it have a unique pilot requirement. So you don't just load up on green squadron vet or black squadron ace.

yea, that's a neat idea. Something that really pulls weight on the lower PS ships. Gotta be wary of making Palob too good though. This one as it is is probably a phenomenal upgrade for him to take. 

18 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

6pts. Modification Slot upgrade; Overcharged Engines: 2 charges, non-recurring. Small or Medium base only. Wording: "After you fully execute a speed 3 basic maneuver you may spend 1 charge and roll 1 attack die, if you do perform that maneuver again and receive a disarm token and a stress token. If the attack die result is a crit, take 1 damage."

Could just say (preform a 'slam' action).  I would love this on Heff Tobber!

Force Power

Meditation

After you fully execute a blue maneuver if you have no stress tokens you may skip your perform action step and gain a disabled to recover all of your force charges.

3 points

System

Enhanced Scanners

When you acquire a lock you may spend one charge. If you do you must acquire the lock beyond range 3 ignoring range restrictions.

2 Charge

7 Points

2 minutes ago, Matanui3 said:

You can’t SLAM except as your one regular action during the action phase.

I wouldn't see any reason why you couldn't Slam? Its just an action.
Can't you use Black One title to SLAM?  If I remember correctly you can BB-8, Poe a red linked action, Black one Slam a green, take Ion to remove Disarm and still get your 'Preform Action" step.  

Just now, AngryAlbatross said:

I wouldn't see any reason why you couldn't Slam? Its just an action.
Can't you use Black One title to SLAM?  If I remember correctly you can BB-8, Poe a red linked action, Black one Slam a green, take Ion to remove Disarm and still get your 'Preform Action" step.  

It’s part of the rules for the slam action specifically.

28 minutes ago, AngryAlbatross said:

Could just say (preform a 'slam' action).  I would love this on Heff Tobber!

19 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

6pts. Modification Slot upgrade; Overcharged Engines: 2 charges, non-recurring. Small or Medium base only. Wording: "After you fully execute a speed 3 basic maneuver you may spend 1 charge and roll 1 attack die, if you do perform that maneuver again and receive a disarm token and a stress token. If the attack die result is a crit, take 1 damage."

Or, for really, really uncontrolled movement, how about

Ludicrous Speed

When you boost, you must use speed 3 templates instead of speed 1 templates.

Edited by Magnus Grendel

2 minutes ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Or, for really, really uncontrolled movement, how about

Ludicrous Speed

When you boost, you must use speed 3 templates instead of speed 1 templates.

For ships with boost I could see it. I was angling more for able to be used in general (exempting large bases) since allot of ships don't have boost. Think of it as a risky "oh ****" button.

Yeah I agree that would have to be restricted to medium or small ships definitely not large ships.  Maybe only small ships even.

Edited by bllaw

Magical schwimbly schwombly: Force Power, large base only. 2 pt.

While attacking, during the compare results step, you may spend 1 force to reroll any number of your dice. If you do, your opponent must reroll all non-evade results. No dice may be further modified, but results may still be cancelled or spent.

Perchance an incentive to consider large base force users?

6 minutes ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

Force Sensitive.

Small base ship only. Non force user only. Changes Elite Pilot Talent Slot to Force Upgrade Slot. This pilot gains one recurring force point.

Cost: 12 points.

Make it a Talent and have it add the Force Slot.

23 minutes ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

essentially the same thing tho eh?

Depends where you're slotting the upgrade in. If it is a Talent and removes a talent slot then it becomes RZ-2 only. It removes itself if there aren't 2 Talent slots. If it is a mod then you've eaten the mod slot and the talent slot to gain a force slot. Having it as a Talent that adds the Force slot and 1 force point means you're still loosing access to other talents (exempting the RZ-2's second slot) while gaining force upgrades.

1 minute ago, Hiemfire said:

Depends where you're slotting the upgrade in. If it is a Talent and removes a talent slot then it becomes RZ-2 only. It removes itself if there aren't 2 Talent slots. If it is a mod then you've eaten the mod slot and the talent slot to gain a force slot. Having it as a Talent that adds the Force slot and 1 force point means you're still loosing access to other talents (exempting the RZ-2's second slot) while gaining force upgrades.

probably should be a modification that eats a Talent slot. Gives access to force talents but essentially costs you two slots (Modification and Elite Pilot Talent)

2 minutes ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

probably should be a modification that eats a Talent slot. Gives access to force talents but essentially costs you two slots (Modification and Elite Pilot Talent)

I can see the opportunity cost reasoning behind that. I don't like it though due to what mods are, upgrades to the ship, while talents are abilities bound to the pilot. Upping the pts cost if at all, 12 pts is fairly restrictive already, fills that roll similarly without crossing the pilot/ship separation.

57 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

I can see the opportunity cost reasoning behind that. I don't like it though due to what mods are, upgrades to the ship, while talents are abilities bound to the pilot. Upping the pts cost if at all, 12 pts is fairly restrictive already, fills that roll similarly without crossing the pilot/ship separation.

lm going to go with ur suggestion. nuke the talent slot and keep the modification... as u point out these are more for ship-like mods,

thinking the cost could be reduced to 10 if the squad contains a force user with 2 force points or more?

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

10 minutes ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

lm going to go with ur suggestion. nuke the talent slot and keep the modification... as u point out these are more for ship-like mods,

thinking the cost could be reduced to 10 if the squad contains a force user with 2 force points or more?

That would be an interesting change. One suggestion from me would be to make it limited to non-unique only, and add the requirement they have the focus action. This removes the potential fro Force Sensitive droids and/or degenerate combos with pilot abilities.

Edited by GeneralVryth