Da_Brown_Bomber

Create a new upgrade card competition (Winners announced!)

6 minutes ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

lm going to go with ur suggestion. nuke the talent slot and keep the modification... as u point out these are more for ship-like mods,

thinking the cost could be reduced to 10 if the squad contains a force user with 2 force points or more?

Nah. 12 makes sense. It is a bit over the base 10 that pilots with inherent force abilities pay when compared to their equiv without force abilities, IE Inquisitor vs Baron. :) Much like it is more expensive to add a shield or hull than to just swap out for a ship with 1 more shield or hull yet having same or similar stats otherwise.

1 minute ago, GeneralVryth said:

That would be an interesting change. One suggestion from me would be to make it limited to non-unique only, and add the requirement they have the focus action. This removes the potential fro Force Sensitive droids and/or degenerate combos with pilot abilities.

i like it. non-unique force user. no droids allowed. :)

1 minute ago, GeneralVryth said:

That would be an interesting change. One suggestion from me would be to make it limited to non-unique only, and add the requirement they have the focus action. This removes the potential fro Force Sensitive droids and/or degenerate combos with pilot abilities.

Ya, Talonbane or Quinn with Force might be a bit much and other than the Legends Iron Knight Illum Crystal/Droid amalgams there weren't Force Sensitive droids.

9 hours ago, GeneralVryth said:

This removes the potential fro Force Sensitive droids and/or degenerate combos with pilot abilities.

9 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Ya, Talonbane or Quinn with Force might be a bit much and other than the Legends Iron Knight Illum Crystal/Droid amalgams there weren't Force Sensitive droids.

You've done it now.

(This is faction-restricted, so technically doesn't count)

Astromech

Skippy The Jedi Droid

Skipp_the_droid.jpg

Rebel

+1 [Force] Ù

When another friendly ship within range 0-1 would spend [Charge] from an equipped [Astromech] upgrade, you may spend [Force] instead.

14 points

Edited by Magnus Grendel

Tactical genius, crew, 4 points

Requires coordinate

While you coordinate, if the target ship has exactly one stress token, it can perform actions. Then you gain two stress tokens. 

Edited by flooze

Force-Sensitivity

8pts.

Talent 

Limited: Cannot Added to Force Users

+1 Force Token 

Before dice are rolled, you may spend one force token to change one focus result to a hit or an evade. Force tokens on this card cannot be spent after dice are rolled. 

force.jpg

last chance to post ur upgrade cards... competition closes soon.

thanks to those who have made submissions.

i'll check back here again tomorrow morning (aprox 8 hrs time). anything u post before then will be considered. ;)

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

Modified Engines

Small of Medium ship only

Modification

Add Red Boost

Before you perform a boost action, roll one attack die.  On a [hit] result you are treated as failing the action. On a [crit] result, suffer one damage and you are treated as failing the action.

3 pts for small, 4 pts for medium

On 1/11/2019 at 4:13 AM, Magnus Grendel said:

System

HUD Threat indicator

hqdefault.jpg

After an enemy ship locks you, if you are not currently maintaining a target lock, you may acquire a target lock on that ship.

6 points

3rd Place: HUD Threat Detector, by Magnus Grendal (I am assuming you need the TL action on your bar as a requirement?) 

On 1/12/2019 at 7:04 AM, shaunmerritt said:

Force-Sensitivity

8pts.

Talent 

Limited: Cannot Added to Force Users

+1 Force Token 

Before dice are rolled, you may spend one force token to change one focus result to a hit or an evade. Force tokens on this card cannot be spent after dice are rolled. 

force.jpg

2nd Place: Force Sensitivity, by shaunmerritt

On 1/10/2019 at 12:14 PM, Autosketch said:

EiMqjDE.jpg

proposed points: 4 or 5

1st Place: Ace Hunter, by Autosketch

I love this card! I really like how this upgrade gives you an incentive to play lower initiative pilots, or at least one with a Talent Slot. imo a really balanced card which you could build a strategy around.

On 1/10/2019 at 9:56 AM, Matanui3 said:

Volatile Ordnance (Mod, 1-2 points)

After you are destroyed, each other ship at range 0-1 takes a number of [Hit] damage equal to the number of unspent charges on Device, Missile, and Torpedo upgrades on this ship.

Attach to Resistance bombers for thematic purposes.

Honorable Mention: Volatile Ordnace, by Matanui3

Cool card. This upgrade is thematic and makes sense... something FFG should aim for when designing new cards. If I used resistance bombers this would likely be an autoinclude and I can see it being pretty useful on torp carriers who get destroyed before getting full use from their ordnance charges, essentially creating a Deadman's Switch effect.

On 1/12/2019 at 1:30 PM, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

1st Place: Ace Hunter, by Autosketch

I love this card! I really like how this upgrade gives you an incentive to play lower initiative pilots, or at least one with a Talent Slot. imo a really balanced card which you could build a strategy around.

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it!!!

I know this is too late but it was something that came in mind when I was looking at modification upgrades working on my custom format).

Weapons Upgrade- Modification

Requirement: Forward Firing Arc

When attacking with your primary weapon if the defender is in your bullseye arc roll 1 additional die

Cost * (Varies)

(Primary Firepower, Cost: 2, 5; 3, 10; 4, 20)

As for the turrets

Turret Weapon Upgrade- Modification

Requirement: Rotate Action

When attacking with your primary turret weapon, if the defender is at Range 2 you may reroll one of your attack die

Cost* (Varies)

(Primary Firepower, Cost: 2, 15; 3, 30; 4, 45)

Edited by Marinealver