Greedo_Sharpshooter

If you had to play only one faction, what would it be?

18 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

But you can still use the Rebel ship model and dials (unless they change some maneuver difficulties somewhere in there, but I doubt that)

Well, they changed the YT-1300 dials  between Rebel, Resistance, and Scum factions, as well as changing the Y-Wing dial between Rebel and Scum. They did leave the TIE/ln the same between Imperial and Rebel, but changed it for the Scum (for reasons).

I would lean towards expecting the dials to be different between the Republic and Rebellion, and pleasantly surprised if they actually leave it the same. Would be fine for home/store games, but not for official events, anyhow.

Edited by kris40k

2 minutes ago, kris40k said:

Well, they changed the YT-1300 dials  between Rebel, Resistance, and Scum factions, as well as changing the Y-Wing dial between Rebel and Scum. They did leave the TIE/ln the same between Imperial and Rebel, but changed it for the Scum (for reasons).

I would lean towards expecting the dials to be different between the Republic and Rebellion, and pleasantly surprised if they actually leave it the same. Would be fine for home/store games, but not for official events, anyhow.

Scum and Rebel Y-Wings have the same dial and should be interchangeable according to the rules. As are the Imperial/Rebel TIE/ln (Scum's has a different name) and Rebel/Scum Z-95.

3 minutes ago, Eisai said:

Scum and Rebel Y-Wings have the same dial and should be interchangeable according to the rules. As are the Imperial/Rebel TIE/ln (Scum's has a different name) and Rebel/Scum Z-95.

Ah, your right, my YASB foo failed when I was swapping ships around while looking at the Y-Wing, the dial didn't update.

Edited by kris40k

I wouldn't be surprised if they kept the dial the same since there isn't a "clean" way to rename the Republic version, plus there's no Rebel Generic (and quite possibly no Rebel re-release, but that's pure speculation).

On 1/11/2019 at 7:08 AM, Burius1981 said:

Gotta go Scum for #1.  I enjoy all the dirty tricks they can pull.  Before Scum I mostly played Imperials, and I missed their low durability highly maneuverable ships until I got my hands on the Fangs.

Gotta say that I've really enjoyed trying the Resistance though.

NIce. out of interest, what scum list are you flying right now?

Barring a short sojourn into scum just after they dropped, I have consistently played Imperial throughout... From "splitting" base sets a week after the 1st release all those years ago with a friend up to re entering the game now. 

I always cheered for the Imperials as a child watching the films, and preferred the look of their ships, especially the interceptor ... Their uniforms are pretty snappy too. 

22 minutes ago, SoontirFel said:

Barring a short sojourn into scum just after they dropped, I have consistently played Imperial throughout... From "splitting" base sets a week after the 1st release all those years ago with a friend up to re entering the game now.  

I always cheered for the Imperials as a child watching the films, and preferred the look of their ships, especially the interceptor ... Their uniforms are pretty snappy too. 

Anything other than Imperials would be a disappointment... since your callsign is Soontir Fel :D

On 1/12/2019 at 8:25 PM, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

nice. out of interest what are you flying right now?

Scum only in second edition. Rarely flew anything other than scum in first edition.

On 1/13/2019 at 7:32 AM, GreenDragoon said:

Welcome to the church of the arrow heads! We have the most fun, the most beautiful ship, and the best dial in the game. Enjoy your stay!

"Wiredin, what rebel list are you bringing today?" 

"How many RZ-1's can I fit in a list with the current price adjustment? With Prockets? 5, cool... yea that..."

"Wiredin, what resistance list you bringing today?"

"How many RZ-2's can I fit with adv optics? 5... ohkay I guess thats it"

"Wiredin, what republic list are you..... let me guess as many Delta's you can fit?"

"yup"

4 minutes ago, Wiredin said:

"Wiredin, what rebel list are you bringing today?" 

"How many RZ-1's can I fit in a list with the current price adjustment? With Prockets? 5, cool... yea that..."

"Wiredin, what resistance list you bringing today?"

"How many RZ-2's can I fit with adv optics? 5... ohkay I guess thats it"

"Wiredin, what republic list are you..... let me guess as many Delta's you can fit?"

"yup"

You know, I seriously hope the Deltas allow for that! Omg I'm so excited!

1 hour ago, GreenDragoon said:

You know, I seriously hope the Deltas allow for that! Omg I'm so excited!

46 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

The Power and Profit thread has my math/reasoning, but 4 naked Jedi Knights is certainly plausible.

4 naked Jedi's... yes please. 

seriously tho... the manic laughter that will come out of me if/when points release and I can fit 5 RZ1 Green Squadies with Prockets and crackshot will be uncontrollable.  and yes I know the two don't stack. 

Edited by Wiredin

I plan on flying the 3 Rs in rotation at my local store, but if I had to pick just one? Rebels. Great ship variety with some great pilot and crew abilities.

I can't wait to be able to use A-Wings and B-Wings more effectively though (yes, I'm convinced they'll get some love to make them better!)