Da_Brown_Bomber

If you had to play only one faction, what would it be?

1 minute ago, SabineKey said:

I'm not sure I want to risk their medical practice being as similar to 40K Apothecaries as their behavior suggests.

Honestly I think F/O medicine is probably better than what the 40K apothecaries perform. F/O is a bit more strapped for personnel so are less likely to shoot the wounded...

37 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Honestly I think F/O medicine is probably better than what the 40K apothecaries perform. F/O is a bit more strapped for personnel so are less likely to shoot the wounded...

Realistically, yes. The impression I get after Hux's speech in TFA, heck no.

8 hours ago, SabineKey said:

I'm not sure I want to risk their medical practice being as similar to 40K Apothecaries as their behavior suggests.

Given their on-screen competence, I'd be more worried about their medical practice being about equivalent to ork painboyz.

"So, tell me when dis urts..."

"NyAHAAAARRRGGGG!!!"

"Good, good..."

10 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Depends upon the chapter. Iron hands apothecary will chop off a limb and replace it with a mechanical one at the drop of a hat.

On 1/9/2019 at 10:23 AM, Polda said:

^this

The possibility of running 4 ARCs might get me to buy into Republic 

If we could fit 4 + something (V-19 torrent?) I am so in :3

4 ARCs? That would become my faction. I'm eagerly awaiting more Republic previews. 

14 hours ago, SabineKey said:

Realistically, yes. The impression I get after Hux's speech in TFA, heck no.

Well, the conversation between Hux and Kylo showed that Hux had extreme pride in his Stormtrooper program, and found usage of clones very distasteful. I tend to think he didn't view his soldiers as expendable as that.

Just now, kris40k said:

Well, the conversation between Hux and Kylo showed that Hux had extreme pride in his Stormtrooper program, and found usage of clones very distasteful. I tend to think he didn't view his soldiers as expendable as that.

Which is why I replied “realistically yes.”

Gotta go Scum for #1.  I enjoy all the dirty tricks they can pull.  Before Scum I mostly played Imperials, and I missed their low durability highly maneuverable ships until I got my hands on the Fangs.

Gotta say that I've really enjoyed trying the Resistance though.

2 hours ago, Frimmel said:

4 ARCs? That would become my faction. I'm eagerly awaiting more Republic previews. 

Unless the Rebel ARCs go up considerably (which absolutely nobody has suggested, that I've seen), you will 100% be able to fly four ARCs. Even if the lowest initiative pilot is i3, they should cost 49 points at most, considering Ibtisam is 50 with a pilot ability.

Granted, I don't think anyone would say the RZ-2 is priced fairly compared to the RZ-1, so who knows how they'll price it in it's own faction.

19 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

Unless the Rebel ARCs go up considerably (which absolutely nobody has suggested, that I've seen), you will 100% be able to fly four ARCs. Even if the lowest initiative pilot is i3, they should cost 49 points at most, considering Ibtisam is 50 with a pilot ability.

Granted, I don't think anyone would say the RZ-2 is priced fairly compared to the RZ-1, so who knows how they'll price it in it's own faction.

That is an exciting suggestion. I was already fairly excited about Republic just with getting new ARCs. Being able to field more ARCs is neat. I had fun with a triple ARC Rebel list though it needs some tweaking. The Republic ARCs will probably have some sort of "must have" configuration card though so you can't field Rebel ones in Republic lists. 

Currently only playing Scum. I still have a bunch of Rebel and Imperial ships but with Legion taking up a lot of my time I haven't even bought conversions yet.

Honestly I feel like I have barely scratched the surface with Scum so far so I am not in a hurry.

21 minutes ago, Frimmel said:

The Republic ARCs will probably have some sort of "must have" configuration card though so you can't field Rebel ones in Republic lists. 

...Come again?

They might have a config, I suppose, and they do appear to be getting a new Clone gunner card of some sort--maybe ARC-only? Who knows.

But you can still use the Rebel ship model and dials (unless they change some maneuver difficulties somewhere in there, but I doubt that), and no, you won't be able to fly the Rebel Pilots for the Republic. I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

Edit: the real question here is if you can squeeze 3 in a list with Plo.

Edited by SpiderMana

18 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

...Come again?

They might have a config, I suppose, and they do appear to be getting a new Clone gunner card of some sort--maybe ARC-only? Who knows.

But you can still use the Rebel ship model and dials (unless they change some maneuver difficulties somewhere in there, but I doubt that), and no, you won't be able to fly the Rebel Pilots for the Republic. I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

Edit: the real question here is if you can squeeze 3 in a list with Plo.

I'm suggesting some sort of ARC specific S-foils card that is only one to an expansion back. A must have Clone gunner would be a similar thing. I guess though there is likely only to be a single of each generic pilot card as well. I'm just having the usual pipe dream of not wanting to buy four to fly four. As you note as long as they don't change the maneuver dial you'll be able to use your Rebel ARCs in some fashion just not likely with all the bells and whistles.

Still excited. 

Edited by Frimmel

1 hour ago, Frimmel said:

I guess though there is likely only to be a single of each generic pilot card as well. I'm just having the usual pipe dream of not wanting to buy four to fly four.

Yeah, pretty much. But at least for kitchen table games, the rebel ones are worth something. And let’s be real, I’d probably buy 4 Republic for the matching paint jobs, eventually, anyways 😂

14 hours ago, kris40k said:

Indeed. It's the same reason the First Order bothered to shell out for shields for its standard line TIE fighters; out in the rim (rather than the core worlds the Galactic Empire was based on), warm bodies are actually one of the most expensive things to acquire.

It comes up in Phasma, actually - Cardinal (him in the Upsilon, if you've not come across the character) is one of the First Order's senior drillmasters, and the 'Phasma' equivalent to Hux's father (also a First Order general), has very strong feelings about people who get the troopers killed for no good reason.

Bear in mind the other result of the First Order's "grab em as kids" policy - yes, the troopers are totally indoctrinated and loyal - but the more humane older officers amongst the first order's instructors have basically raised the soldiers and pilots serving around them from nursery school age.

Edited by Magnus Grendel

15 hours ago, Frimmel said:

I'm just having the usual pipe dream of not wanting to buy four to fly four.

Another thought: by my above logic on their pricing, flying 2 i3 generics and 2 i1 generics should be plausible—if not ideal—and totally legal if you only buy 2 Republic versions.

1 minute ago, SpiderMana said:

Another thought: by my above logic on their pricing, flying 2 i3 generics and 2 i1 generics should be plausible—if not ideal—and totally legal if you only buy 2 Republic versions.

Good thought. I'm getting two to go with my four Rebel versions. Like you though I'm likely to end up with more.