Sign in to follow this  
yobtar

Help choosing a deck for an OP Kit event Thursday

heya all.

I was wanting to get an opinion on these decks as to what you think would perform well. We are having a event Thursday for the OP Kit and I am torn between these decks on what to bring.

https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/8f6c55d0-6cdc-413f-ae42-718e68330bb0

This one I played in the last event and got second place.

https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/eb7c1cd5-61d4-4d4f-aea4-0f750e36123c

This one is new just got it have not played it yet.

https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/ee8e4d17-9a60-4e92-b1e3-d50a04c25751

This one has performed decent for me in the past.

thanks all feedback is greatly appretiated.

Posted (edited)

I agree with Kris. Xanadu has some big aember burst, and two wasy to cheat keys. You have 2 dust pixies with 4 cards that can recycle them into your hand with 2 regrowth and two total recall. Also, big combo opportunities with total recall and key abduction.  

Edited by msieder

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to use Key Abduction. Can any of you help explain a way it would work in my deck. I played a game last night with these 2 decks against each other and the "Mia Diamond" deck won. I never had a ton of creatures in the Xanadu deck to use the key abduction.

Ideally, you'd have 2-3 Mars Creatures plus some other non-Mars creatures out.  You'd play Total Recall, bringing all creatures back to your hand and gaining maybe 6 or so aember.  Then you'd play the mars creatures from your hand and then Key Abduction.  Your core cost to forge will be 15, but hopefully you'll have 10+ cards in hand at that point.

8 hours ago, KrisWall said:

Ideally, you'd have 2-3 Mars Creatures plus some other non-Mars creatures out.  You'd play Total Recall, bringing all creatures back to your hand and gaining maybe 6 or so aember.  Then you'd play the mars creatures from your hand and then Key Abduction.  Your core cost to forge will be 15, but hopefully you'll have 10+ cards in hand at that point.

Why would you play the mars creatures before Key Abduction? That seems like a waste of time. 

16 hours ago, yobtar said:

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to use Key Abduction. Can any of you help explain a way it would work in my deck. I played a game last night with these 2 decks against each other and the "Mia Diamond" deck won. I never had a ton of creatures in the Xanadu deck to use the key abduction.

"Total Recall" With "Key Abduction".   Play the combo with three or 4 beasts on the board. Gain 5-6 aember, forge a key at 7 or 8 aember.  

14 hours ago, Palpster said:

Why would you play the mars creatures before Key Abduction? That seems like a waste of time. 

A fair number have fun Play: abilities?  Kinda depends on what you have available.

2 hours ago, KrisWall said:

A fair number have fun Play: abilities?  Kinda depends on what you have available.

The only one with a play ability is Yxili Marauder and that’s mostly a pointless one if you’re going to bring him back to hand after 😉

1 hour ago, Palpster said:

The only one with a play ability is Yxili Marauder and that’s mostly a pointless one if you’re going to bring him back to hand after 😉

Oh, ok.  I'm not a big fan of Mars.  Doesn't tend to match my play style.  I thought more of them had play abilities.  If not, probably no point in playing them.