Bibbles

Return of the Awkward Shaped Box

46 minutes ago, tstanley1701 said:

Let me restate: I was not able fit all the sleeved cards in from Dunwich Legacy (and its expansions) and Return to Dunwich into the RtDL box. Unlike the Return to NotZ where I was able to fit all of the cards and a Go7 Gaming insert into that long box...with room to spare.  Noting that there is difference in card total between the sets.

I removed the card board insert in both RtoNZ and RtDL.

I was. Are you trying to also put player cards into the box? Or just scenario cards. Because I think its only designed for the scenario cards.

1 hour ago, tstanley1701 said:

Let me restate: I was not able fit all the sleeved cards in from Dunwich Legacy (and its expansions) and Return to Dunwich into the RtDL box. Unlike the Return to NotZ where I was able to fit all of the cards and a Go7 Gaming insert into that long box...with room to spare.  Noting that there is difference in card total between the sets.

I don’t see how that’s possible.  I literally just tried this, and there was so, so much room to spare it was ridiculous.  I put in all the scenario / encounter cards from all 8 sets for Dunwich, and it just doesn’t work at all.  Too many for the insert, too few without the insert.  I gave up and put all the cards back in their plastic packs and then put all the plastic packs in the box without the insert.  They all fit, including the two deluxe expansion box scenario and encounter cards.     There’s even a little room to spare.  It’s a hideous mess, though.  Why can’t they have just created a proper insert for this box so you can store the cards properly?  Why is the box so **** wide?  I like the idea and the look, but **** if the execution isn’t awful in terms of practicality..

Are you putting in all the player cards, too?  

18 hours ago, tstanley1701 said:

Two questions:

1)Were you trying to fit the player cards as well in there or just the scenarios and encounter cards?

2)How do you have the cards sleeved? Penny sleeves, double-sleeved.......?

Because if it's the same size as the RTNoZ box, I anticipate having a bit of extra space after putting in all the scenario and encounter cards for the campaign - My cards are also sleeved(single, ultra-pro pro-matte)

Single silver FFG sleeves.  player cards and scenario etc,.  Box isn't big enough ;)  Going to do some rearranging.  I haven't even put in the Go7 insert yet.

Edited by tstanley1701

9 minutes ago, tstanley1701 said:

Single silver FFG sleeves.  player cards and scenario etc,.  Box isn't big enough ;)  Going to do some rearranging.  I haven't even put in the Go7 insert yet.

That's where the problem is. Pretty sure the boxes are supposed to be a storage solution for the campaign and they expect you to store the player cards in their own separate storage system with all the other player cards.

The box fits the campaign and relevant encounter card perfectly double sleeved.

All of my player cards got in a folder because I like to feel like I'm researching arcane horrors when I'm deck building. Frustratingly, because I don't like putting more than one card in a pocket, as each card comes as a double rather than a triple, I've been forced to spend extra money for a quadrow folder.

#FirstDimensionProblems

I use the Return to the Night of the Zealot box for the champain, my two current player decks and the stand alone decks. The Return to Dunwich box I'm using for the main set and all expansions I just cut down the box insert so everything fits perfect. My player cards are all in a Case It zip binder in the Ultrapro pocket sleeves so I can easily search and deck build. I LOVE the boxes they work great for what i want them for. Can't wait for the next!! 

11 hours ago, mwmcintyre said:

Two questions:

1)Were you trying to fit the player cards as well in there or just the scenarios and encounter cards?

2)How do you have the cards sleeved? Penny sleeves, double-sleeved.......?

Because if it's the same size as the RTNoZ box, I anticipate having a bit of extra space after putting in all the scenario and encounter cards for the campaign - My cards are also sleeved(single, ultra-pro pro-matte)

I have everything double-sleeved and can fit all of Dunwich and Return to Dunwich in the box.

I have a huge paper storing box with 2 rows holding 1600 cards. Actually I bought 3 of these but only 1 is filled at the moment. 3 bucks a piece :)

Only the adventure cards divided per section are in that box though. 

Because I use maps/sheets to store the player cards per investigator and color.

The basic box holds the rules, the cut out image of the big expansions and coins.

These odd FFG storing boxes I use to store the stand alone adventures in their plastic cases. The just fit in, so yes, these FFG storing boxes serve nothing really.

So to use the box with the go 7 game insert, I am only putting in the scenario cards, and encounter sets from DL and RDL. I put the player cards and remaining assets in a different box. 

I can get all RTNZ in one box but could not do it for RDL. 

From what I’m reading you are disagreeing with me. If you are up to it, could you at least tell me your card numbers and total counts you put in RDL box. 

I can get all of return to dunwich in the go7 insert, but all but one wooden divider had to be removed, so I have one section for scenario sets, and one for encounter sets (core, dunwich, and return) with the dividers