Bibbles

Return of the Awkward Shaped Box

So what is everyone doing with the strangely shaped and sized boxes that are being released with the "Return to" kits?  Very pretty but not very practical.  <shrug>

Too small a pair of shoes but with two boxes perhaps my converse would like their own Lovecraftian themed homes to stink in? Sadly I cant find a nice way to store my cards in them. Creative ideas anyone?

1 hour ago, Bibbles said:

So what is everyone doing with the strangely shaped and sized boxes that are being released with the "Return to" kits?  Very pretty but not very practical.  <shrug>

Straight into the recycle bin, sadly.

Mine holds the Return to NotZ and Forgotten Age. Fully sleeved, they just barely fit in the box. the space at the side holds the scenario sheets 3-8. That leaves just enough space at one end of the box to comfortably remove cards from the box

Currently I've just been using RttNotZ to hold all of my tokens and rule sheets from mythos packs, the core box for the rulebooks and all my campaign logs, and all my cards in a large white box. But since that's getting a bit snug between the player and encounter cards, I was probably going to use the Return to Dunwich box to hold the entire Dunwich campaign, and RttNotZ to hold NotZ and all of the standalone scenarios. And just shift all the tokens back into the core box.

Not awkward for me. I really like them and they do what they are meant for : keep a full sleeved cycle safe and organized.

I put RttZ and my PODs in the first one (with dividers from the kit) and decks we are using for the campaign. When the campaign will be finished i'll replace them with a foam so my cards won't move. I really like these boxes.

I have a BCW shoebox that holds all my player cards and most of my scenarios. The RttNotZ box has one full copy of the core scenarios plus the Return cards, plus an Invocation copy of Eternal Slumber. I'm just full to bursting in the shoebox, and it will be a relief to get the Return box that I can put all the Dunwich Legacy cycle cards into.

21 hours ago, Bibbles said:

So what is everyone doing with the strangely shaped and sized boxes that are being released with the "Return to" kits?

I’m using my Return to the Night of the Zealot box to keep my core box campaign in and my Return to the Dunwich Legacy box to keep my Dunwich campaign in (as intended I guess).

Both have a nice place in the games cabinet, as I quite like the look of them.

this week I think ^^ so not a lot to wait 😁 Perhaps the annoucement of the Return to Carcosa will come soon, because I think FFG would want to accelerate the release of the products for some time, just because if they want peoples to use their Return product Box for rangement, and in the same time buy their regular cycles, so they have to reduce the timelapse between the outcome of a cycle and his corresponding return to box. Here, if we only use the return for the cycle corresponding, so we always have 3 cycles with no box . So this is a problem, because people will buy their own box. In consequence, they have to reduce the timelapse to at least one cycle more. put the Return to dirrectly after the full outcome of a cycle would be good, but I just minded that the Return version of scenario are not added so much variety, but the majority of time, fix the problems of the original one. So they would let the time to the player to use the cycle and say what's wrong with it for fixing it next. 

I actually use the boxes for storing cards. Because we periodically play in pubs and the like, there's the ever present risk of drinks getting sloshed on the table so I double sleeve everything - indeed, I would have lost some L5R cards had it not been for my nerdy OCD (and if I'm honest, abstract enjoyment) of covering my cards in two layers of plastic.

Under these circumstances, the box is literally the exact right fit.

20190109_165858.jpg.6d73376870220b8f60a50417f5b223d8.jpg

I just called my FLGS about another product and was told they have Return To THe Dunwich Legacy put aside for me (which is odd since they normally phone me when something comes in I've ordered)

I'm using mine as a craft project. Turned out it's almost twice as long as it should be for unsleeved cards, and a bit too wide for comfort too, so the cards rattle around a lot. So I'm making a slightly padded insert with some felt.

They did ship in the US this week too. My shop was supposed to have them today, but there was a delay in shipping, so they'll be arriving tomorrow. (Unfortunately, I won't be able to go back and pick it up until early next week. But they'll put one on the side for me.)

13 hours ago, tstanley1701 said:

I was not able to fit all of the cards (sleeved) into the box. I was very surprised.  So the box isn’t big enough. 

when you say '' all of the cards '' you mean all that being released from now, or just all the ecounters cards of the cycle Dunwich, without touching the insert ?? 

I really like these boxes. My Return to the NotZ holds two core sets (apart from duplicate scenario and encounter cards) and the RttNotZ cards...all sleeved. What I don't understand is why these boxes are used for the 'Return to...' expansions rather than for the Deluxe expansions. It would be much more useful for the Deluxe expansion to come in this sort of box so that you have somewhere to store the cycle as it gets released and the 'Return to...' expansions to come in the flimsy boxes currently used for the Deluxe expansions. By the time a 'Return to...' gets released (in the case of Return to the Dunwich Legacy, 2 years after the cycle began) you need to have come up with an alternative storage solution...which makes the box slightly redundant. A pity really. That said, my RttDL arrived today...happy with that.

I have no idea how I'm supposed to use this box.  It appears as if it'll be too long to store the entire Dunwich cycle if I take out the insert.  Surely it's too short if I leave it in.

Let me restate: I was not able fit all the sleeved cards in from Dunwich Legacy (and its expansions) and Return to Dunwich into the RtDL box. Unlike the Return to NotZ where I was able to fit all of the cards and a Go7 Gaming insert into that long box...with room to spare.  Noting that there is difference in card total between the sets.

I removed the card board insert in both RtoNZ and RtDL.

Edited by tstanley1701