Cloaker

Tali is Heart, Tali is Hope.

18 hours ago, FriendofYoda said:

Running her alongside Lulo & Han with 41-42 available for Tali, what would you throw on there?

Predator/Juke so she can punch a bit through?

13 hours ago, SOTL said:

Neither.  Advanced Optics

Optics is solid on any RZ-2. I have however been running Elusive and Markmanship on Tallie. Many dislike elusive, but I find it useful on her.

Tallie is great, especially when opponents target her in initial engagement and never get another shot on her all game.

Bet You Won’t

Tallissan Lintra (35)
Heroic (1)
Trick Shot (1)
Homing Missiles (3)

L'ulo L'ampar (38)
Heroic (1)
Trick Shot (1)
Homing Missiles (3)

Nien Nunb (55)
Heroic (1)
Integrated S-Foils (0)

Ello Asty (56)
Heroic (1)
Integrated S-Foils (0)

Total: 196

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

prockets man! Prockets!!!! 

Trickshot/Heroic/Adv Optics/Prockets 

So much fun and pretty scary for the opponent. Homing missile is cool... but prockets!!! (I find I never get time to take a lock anyways)

Currently running Poe Lulo Tallie as my favorite list and Lulo/Tallie both got prockets/optics/trick (left off heroic for some bid) and its really fun! I don't know why Fenn keeps flying into my bullseyes, but he does! 

On 1/14/2019 at 11:36 AM, Wiredin said:

prockets man! Prockets!!!! 

Trickshot/Heroic/Adv Optics/Prockets 

So much fun and pretty scary for the opponent. Homing missile is cool... but prockets!!! (I find I never get time to take a lock anyways)

Currently running Poe Lulo Tallie as my favorite list and Lulo/Tallie both got prockets/optics/trick (left off heroic for some bid) and its really fun! I don't know why Fenn keeps flying into my bullseyes, but he does! 

Out of curiosity, why trick shot? Personally (I haven't tried it yet, but) I'd stick Marksmanship there, since it isn't limited to primary attacks. That means you can get an extra crit through on your prockets. 

Tali and Lulo are the most undercosted pilots in X-wing at 115% efficiency.

On a per point basis, they are better than Poe.

FYI, Nien Numb is more efficient than Poe.

19 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

Out of curiosity, why trick shot? Personally (I haven't tried it yet, but) I'd stick Marksmanship there, since it isn't limited to primary attacks. That means you can get an extra crit through on your prockets. 

trickshot has a better chance of procing, and still works on the prockets. So you can get 3 dice out the rear when running away for example. overall just much more useful. 

I don't understand why so many of you suggest advanced optics to improve offense? Is it somehow mathematically reasoned? Still, it's 4 points. It's a lot on a ship, which cost only 35pts (I'm thinking about Tallie). Please, explain.

Advanced optics gives an 82ish% chance of two hits on two red dice with rising to 86% with heroic.  That's a massive uptick in damage potential, especially on lower initiative pilots where their targets may have already spent tokens on offense.  Remember that the remaining attacks (14-18%) is 1 hit - even double blank into double blank (or blank focus) gives one hit if you are willing to spend your focus.

http://xwing.gateofstorms.net/2/multi/?d=AAAAAAAAAAAA&a1=IQgAAAAAAEAA

Edited by Dreadai

4 hours ago, Dreadai said:

Advanced optics gives an 82ish% chance of two hits on two red dice with rising to 86% with heroic.  That's a massive uptick in damage potential, especially on lower initiative pilots where their targets may have already spent tokens on offense.  Remember that the remaining attacks (14-18%) is 1 hit - even double blank into double blank (or blank focus) gives one hit if you are willing to spend your focus.

http://xwing.gateofstorms.net/2/multi/?d=AAAAAAAAAAAA&a1=IQgAAAAAAEAA

Thanks for the explanation, but there is one big issue I'd like to address. In order to spend a focu token offensively, you have to:

- have a focus token, which you didn't spend on defense or don't have to keep for defense. 

In other words, advanced optics is (are?) useful only, if your 2s2h on 3green dice ship is outside enemies' firing arcs. Which isn't easy.

Things to remember.

1. Talli is cheap - she isn't the big points bank in your list. 
  2. There is always a bigger threat than her, people will usually choose another target than an a-wing if it has a focus.
  3. You can choose not to spend your focus at i5 if you are caught in multiple arcs of lower initiative ships
  4. How did you let (3) happen with a rear arc and double reposition??
  5. The game is played at i5/6 now, often by the time she shoots, all possible assailants have already fired.

6. With Optics, a focus token is better than a Target Lock for offense, and with 3+ green dice a focus token is statistically as good as an evade token (if not better) for defense. That means every round you’re free to Focus then link into a boost or rotate arc as needed. 

On 1/19/2019 at 9:26 PM, Dengar5 said:

Tali and Lulo are the most undercosted pilots in X-wing at 115% efficiency.

On a per point basis, they are better than Poe.

FYI, Nien Numb is more efficient than Poe.

I've had some solid success with all three of them in lists that don't contain Poe. It messes with target prioritization. Those prockets hit hard so they have to be respected and they can't just focus fire the t-70. (switch between Black One Ello because 3 tallon roll followed by SLAM is fun and Nien PA)

On 1/21/2019 at 8:54 AM, Dreadai said:

Things to remember.

1. Talli is cheap - she isn't the big points bank in your list. 

Tali probably needs to go at least to 37, Lulo to 38. I don't like typing that but it's probably true.

Also in other news, Guri hasn't stabbed me yet for leaving her for Tali.