I'm really sad, because I missed the opportunity to preorder the Arkham novellas. I'm going to have to wait ages for FFG to reprint them. Does anyone know where I could find them, with the promo cards, without going over 60$?

Nope.  There all on the On the Boat status on the Upcoming page.  For normal product, that should be a six-ish month window, but they have the tendency to sell out when they arrive.

The books (not cards) are all available digitally, but I'm with you on the appeal of the cards.

Posted (edited)

I really don't think it will be that long before they will be back in print, doomsayers notwithstanding. Rumor has it that some copies of the second printing have already appeared at retail in Europe. I wouldn't recommend paying any sort of premium for these on the secondary market.

What's more, the next deluxe expansion features three of the characters first released in the novellas. They won't have the replacement signature cards, but in most cases where we can compare, the standard signatures have been better than the replacements.

Edited by Carthoris

20 minutes ago, Carthoris said:

I really don't think it will be that long before they will be back in print, doomsayers notwithstanding. Rumor has it that some copies of the second printing have already appeared at retail in Europe. I wouldn't recommend paying any sort of premium for these on the secondary market.

What's more, the next deluxe expansion features three of the characters first released in the novellas. They won't have the replacement signature cards, but in most cases where we can compare, the standard signatures have been better than the replacements.

The next set has only one of the novella investigators. It also has Marie who was a promo for the Investigators of Arkham.  That being said I agree that they are probably all about to come back into stock.  There was even a second printing that someone found of Carolyn Fern. 

I'd recommend checking here and on the Reddit.  When a store gets them in stock there is usually a post that you can find. You have to pounce quick though if you want them all.  The last time there was a post it was for a UK site and by the time I got there all that was left was To Fight the Black Wind and Hour of the Huntress.  They were charging cover plus shipping which was high but kept it under $30 for the book.  

I've got To Fight the black wind currently back in stock in www.amazon.es (Spanish Amazon), but it is prized at 40€, so I'll definitely wait for my order at miniaturemarket to be back in stock and ship. No need to rush, they're being reprinted for sure.

9 hours ago, Goshiu said:

The next set has only one of the novella investigators.

Huh. Yeah, it's just Carolyn. I got confused by today's website article, that showed Silas and Norman, but just to make a point about the difference between early release and alternate art/signature replacement investigators.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, LoverOfMankind said:

Does Fantasy Flight Games post things past 10:00 at night?

They rarely seem to post past 5:00 CST (UTC -6).

Edited by Duciris
Added Universal Time Clock offset for Central Standard Time Zone

I'm half inclined to buy multiple next time to get them to people who miss out on them. On the other hand I feel like that is contributing to the sold out problem.  I hope they will get steady stock someday

On 1/7/2019 at 10:13 PM, LoverOfMankind said:

I'm really sad, because I missed the opportunity to preorder the Arkham novellas. I'm going to have to wait ages for FFG to reprint them. Does anyone know where I could find them, with the promo cards, without going over 60$?

Clearly we need a $60 Patreon tier where we post out a novella each month. Sounds feasible. 😀

The Arkham Chronicle Gang

All in stock as of 3:30 pm CST 1-15-2019 except Dirge of Reason. 

I got my last two (Deep Gate and to Fight the Black Wind) and my friend got those plus "Dirge of Reason")

I do use Team Covenant, but sadly they only got 30% of their allocated orders for the Deep Gate, so my order was backordered. 

I love their service (use it for all Arkham LCG products.) They made it right, but I had to find it on my own.

I just can’t understand why FFG does not print enough of these books!! Ire The Void is already sold out in their store as are Cool Stuff, Game Nerdz, and Miniature Market and it just came out yesterday!!! I missed it again!!!

They almost certainly had low print runs for the novellas based on the relatively poor sales of the MMPG Arkham books (i.e. the "Lord of Nightmares Trilogy," Feeders from Within, etc.). These new novellas had a higher retail price for even less content, so they were a gamble. Publishers don't like to get stuck with backstock for the long term. They'd rather have to run a second printing.

They probably upped the total run for the second printing, but the pent-up demand made even that too little.

Edited by Carthoris

I blame Warhammer Blood Bowl: Team Manager.

I think when they produced that, they felt it was a licensed product and would sell based on the success of the license, but didn't.  They are (a bit harmfully) paralyzed by the idea they may end up with product they can't move.

I'm not sure they have produced anything of late that has really bombed, but they're still nervous about it.

Reflecting now, I think this product should end up in Barns & Nobles and the like.  I've really enjoyed the 3 I've read, and it could serve as a way to introduce people to the game.

Edited by Duciris