HanScottFirst

How have the FO and Resistance done in Extended Format?

Hey all, obivously if they alter points soon, this discussion may not be super relevant, but I have wondered:

How have the First Order and Resistance stacked up against some of the meta contenders? Boba, quads, Redline, Whisper, Rebel torps, Dash, etc.??

The Wave 2 games I have played, and pretty much all the ones I watch on YouTube, always seem to feature Wave 2 content playing against itself. I know GSP's league stream has 2 games up of Wave 2 vs Scum, but I am wondering how Wave 2 has done in Extended overall? (I imagine it should do okay in Hyperspace).

Thoughts? Games? Experiences? 

1 minute ago, Kieransi said:

Anecdotally, I've been greatly enjoying playing the new factions more casually in extended

Likewise; both factions seem to be holding steadily in my local scene and I am having a blast experimenting with F/O lists.

Posted (edited)

I took a local 12 man extended tourney with trip T70, but so many people brought new stuff its not really a fair representation.

In terms of raw power I'd put trip T70s not far, maybe 1/2 or 1/4 tier, behind the current extended meta, but that could just be my optimism. It feel at least as good as Boba/Guri which I main.

As for FO there is some SF / hotshot gunner / cluster missile jank that seems good. Tavison with 4 red, great econ, and being priced in the low 60s might be the first playable big ship. I'm not personally impressed by silencers but some are (ofc maybe I just haven't had the right person show me the dark side or black me out)

We wont really know till the 100+ person extended tourneys start to roll in.

Edited by prauxim

Posted (edited)

Everything sold out and I’m waiting to get a silencer and the conversion kit. 😕 

in the mean time I’ve managed to win a game against triple T-70s, but it wasn’t a clean sweep. It was a really close game, and if my opponents dice hadn’t been unkind to him in the beginning (at least 3 evade rolls of blanks or focus without a token, with Jess pavas rerolls, allowed me to knock shields off early and start handing out damage cards) it would have eventually swung to my opponents favor.

edit: I was flying Triple strikers and a Reaper, for clarification. (Captain feroph, Krennic, tac officer, crackshot; duchess, crackshot, optimized proto condition; pure Sabacc, shield, marksmanship; countdown, hull, marksmanship)

I think they’ll do fine.

Edited by FlyingAnchors

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

Not a ton of data so far but they've been doing pretty well against extended stuff.

https://listfortress.com/tournaments/215
https://listfortress.com/tournaments/217
https://listfortress.com/tournaments/209

Anecdotally, I've been greatly enjoying playing the new factions more casually in extended

Well it looks like Empire and Scum have consistently been in the finals (no surprise) but all currently released 5 factions have been in the top 8. 

So far it seems like the rankings are 

1. Galactic Empire
  2. Scum & Villainy 
  3. Resistance
  4. Rebel Alliance
  5. 1st Order

But it is really close, heck 1stOrder could easily be in 3rd just to give an idea on how narrow it is right now judging by top 8.

Edited by Marinealver

Posted (edited)

Some good stuff in there. I don't think they'll lag behind. Some archetypes seems to be Tier1 at glance (ie Rey Poe, TIEsf Fanatical swarm)

Resistance seems to have more powerful toys to play with (every chassis looks viable) while in First Order initially I see only 2 pieces that I find clearly strong in their niche: Backdraft (as a 3 red dice cheap meat) and Tavson (tank). I am not sold on other pieces (like popular chocies: QD, Kylo etc) - seems OK, but nothing special and really powerful. 

Edited by Oldpara

Well, like I said, there's not a lot of data there. I wouldn't read too much into those, those are tiny events (top 8 > half the field). 

But I think those are definitely a great way to at least see that some casual games are being played with all five factions, and there's no obvious outlier factions either way