GMPercy

New podcast for our fellow Rokugani

Hey everyone, it's time to officially announce the new show for the Well That Didn't Work podcast called "Warriors Path." The first episode is up for your listening pleasure on itunes, spotify, and wherever else you listen to podcasts. 

This month (Jan 2019) we are releasing an episode each Monday as a joint "Episode 0" in which we play out a short solo story with each character joining us in game. Starting in February, we will begin releasing one longer episode each month along with "Honor and Glory" our rules/news discussion series about the new L5R edition by FFG. 

We hope you enjoy and give it a listen! Subscribe and rate up if you like what you hear!!!

Posted (edited)

-you cannot choose not to defend against damage UNLESS you spend a void point.

-for initiative, every success will add to the focus (even the first success).

-in duels, you don't say what you bid before the other, you reveal it at the same time.

-in duels there is no "movement" per say. you are always in reach.

-you are NOT compromised when you strife = your composure. you need to be over.

-there is no damage in a finishing blow, it is a critical with deadliness x2

-finishing blow is the only FIRST time someone become compromise or unmask. there is no "take another finishing blow". you only have one, ever.

-2 opportunities on a void check don't heal 2 strife...

"this is a duel, this is my domain being a kakita" (I laughed at that one).

edit: was listening to your podcast, but you really need to read the rules better before starting your game.

don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the content about L5r (proof, i listened to it!)

Edited by Avatar111

25 minutes ago, Avatar111 said:

-you cannot choose not to defend against damage UNLESS you spend a void point.

-for initiative, every success will add to the focus (even the first success).

-in duels, you don't say what you bid before the other, you reveal it at the same time.

-in duels there is no "movement" per say. you are always in reach.

"this is a duel, this is my domain being a kakita" (I laughed at that one).

edit: was listening to your podcast

Ill try to respond effectively to each thing, but first, thanks for your feedback!!!

1) I realized that after our recording and re-reading through those rules, we will be rectifying that ruling in the future!

2) on initiative you are for sure correct, that was a blunder on my part, being more familiar with the beginner box rules...oops!

3) You're right, we should write them down and reveal, and may even use playing cards for it in the future. It's tough to figure out the best way to do a podcast recording, but we WILL figure it out.

4) You're right about that too! for the sake of the drama of movement, we wanted to express things a little more narratively, kind of like a wrestling match. there was always a boundary they couldnt really exit and it still be considered a duel, but because of the tension of the scene I intentionally twisted that rule. 

Thanks so much again for your feedback and response!

Episode 0.2 is up! Mirumoto Dip Thong goes through the process of the Genpuku ceremony at the Iron mountain Dojo in our second origin story episode. Hope you all enjoy!

And keep the feedback coming! While we do have a backlog of episodes already ready to be published (Through March with one longer, full party episode in Feb and March) this all helps us to think about the things that matter to our listeners for the future.

Also, keep an ear out for our rules discussion show called "Honor and Glory" starting next month, and if you have suggestions on rules discussions, questions you've personally had about the rules, etc. let us know!

Episode 0.3, the origin story of our Phoenix shugenja, Isawa Airie, went up yesterday! Give it a listen!

PSA: I’ve heard the feedback on giving the players a chance to physically describe their characters! We have recorded episodes through March already, but I wanted the opinion of the masses! 

Would you rather wait until april to have those descriptions included in that episode, or would you like a stand-alone short episode that is just the physical description and a bit of extra background on the characters? 

7 hours ago, Lotr_Nerd said:

I personally would like a stand alone episode with character descriptions.

I concur. Not only their physical descriptions, but but also answers to key questions like their ninjō, giri, distinctions, passions, adversities, anxieties, and little snippets of who they are. Like: I wear my nose bridge scar as a badge of honor for defeating the bandit leader, or after woking up after being unconscious for almost a day in the battlefield  among corpses I now have these traumatic episodes where I see my comrades dying... I think this will make us more familiar with them and also help new players with their character creations.

Friends and followers, the last of our origin stories is up for consumption wherever you podcast! Warriors Path Ep 0.4: Shosuro Junji is available now!

Keep an ear out next month as we shift from weekly short sessions to longer monthly shows, as well as the debut of Honor and Glory, our show revolving around rules discussions in Rokugan, the first of which is devoted entirely to describing the Honor mechanic, the first of 3 "bridge/social" mechanics in the game!

Shadow of the Cabal started their new campaign, Song of the Crane using 5E. In addition to their episode 1, they have an episode 0 where they give a basic description of the setting and an episode 0.5 where they go through the 20 questions process. You should check it out.

1 hour ago, Nheko said:

Shadow of the Cabal started their new campaign, Song of the Crane using 5E. In addition to their episode 1, they have an episode 0 where they give a basic description of the setting and an episode 0.5 where they go through the 20 questions process. You should check it out.

Oh yeah I’ll second that! Darn great podcast !

The campaign proper begins today! Episode 1 of "Warriors Path - The New Magistrates" is available HERE or wherever you find your podcasts

ALSO: Episode 2 will hit on Wednesday because we have some really exciting news! Next Tuesday (2/26/19) We will begin streaming our L5R sessions on Twitch monthly, and we want everyone to have a chance to catch up on the first two! You can follow us on Twitch NOW and look out for our full, weekly Twitch schedule that will begin to take place in March. 

We have received a lot fo good feedback so far, and we love hearing from everyone who is listening! Truly we are blown away by the response here in the forums, on comments, and on our reviews, so keep it coming, and keep on sharing!