Greedo_Sharpshooter

Can Scum please have a small ship force user?

Rebels get Luke...

Imperials get Vader...

First Order get Kylo Ren...

The Resistance get Rey (Large Base)

Scum get Asajj (Large Base)

you could argue that both Resistance and Scum need a force using pilot in a small base ship and I'm almost certain Resistance will get one soon. Lets not forget the Scum faction when FFG is handing out new pilots!

Asajj isnt hyperspace legal and similar to Rey cant equip Supernatural Reflexes. Rey will be popular in hyperspace. Scum do get Fenn and an extra ship (escape craft) which is nice. They get Boba Fett too who will be popular in hyperspace and likely the most played scum pilot imo. 

Can Asajj fly any other ships? Would be cool to see her in a fang fighter or starviper! We can only dream.

18 minutes ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

Rebels get Luke...

Imperials get Vader...

you could argue that both Resistance and Scum need a force using pilot in a small base ship and I'm almost certain Resistance will get one soon. Lets not forget the Scum faction when FFG is handing out new pilots!

Asajj isnt hyperspace legal and similar to Rey cant equip Supernatural Reflexes. Rey will be popular in hyperspace. Scum do get Fenn and an extra ship (escape craft) which is nice. They get Boba Fett too who will be popular in hyperspace and likely the most played scum pilot imo. 

Can Asajj fly any other ships? Would be cool to see her in a fang fighter or starviper! We can only dream.

Back in her Separatist days she distracted Anakin's modified Delta 7. 

Nobody 'needs' a small base Force ship, and indeed, I think it's not something the game should aim for - to have perfect parity between factions.   ANd indeed, if there's a faction that ought to have minimal Force use, it's Scum, as they have very few canon Force users.

Plus, you can put Maul crew on a HWK.

I still think that force users are going to be where Scum misses out. 

Besides, unaligned force users like that would have to be cagey, self-sufficient and distrustful, probably the last people to jump in a little fighter and start super-'flexing.

6 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Nobody 'needs' a small base Force ship, and indeed, I think it's not something the game should aim for - to have perfect parity between factions.   ANd indeed, if there's a faction that ought to have minimal Force use, it's Scum, as they have very few canon Force users.

Plus, you can put Maul crew on a HWK.

Not really even in the same ball park to what Da_Brown_Bomber was talking about, and the "very few canon Force users" part needs an "at the moment" stipulation...

7 minutes ago, HealOverTime said:

I still think that force users are going to be where Scum misses out. 

Besides, unaligned force users like that would have to be cagey, self-sufficient and distrustful, probably the last people to jump in a little fighter and start super-'flexing.

Which era are you focused on? Galactic Empire I can see, Republic and post Empire no. Scum covers all 3.

4 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

At what moment do you expect it to change, exactly?

When/if the IP holders decide. The difference between our perspectives is I see the door is open to the possibility, you seem to see it as a wall.

1 minute ago, Hiemfire said:

When/if the IP holders decide. The difference between our perspectives is I see the door is open to the possibility, you seem to see it as a wall.

No, I see a bunch of content coming out in the next few years, from movies to TV shows, and I don't see where Scum force users are going to appear in it:

Cassian: not Scum, and seems intended to focus on the rebel vs imperial arena anyway, and not really very much on starfighter combat.  Low likelihood of Scum force using pilots.

The Mandalorian: definitely Scum, might see some starfighter combat, but I have my doubts whetgher it's going to have Force users, given that the era it's set seems likely to be some time between the Clone Wars and the GCW, a time at which Force users were rare.  Seems more likely than Cassian though.

The Resistance: could happen, maybe, but again, this is mostly focussed on the Resistance versus First order conflict, and like Rebels, doesn't seem that likely to have much Scum presence at all, and what of it there is probably won't have Force users.  We were lucky to get Asajj in the Shadow Caster at all to be honest.

Ep9 and other main canon/TFA era stuff: well we haven't seen any non-Res/FO ships so far, and frankly we've only seen two novel ships since the first movie at all - the A Wing and the Bomber.  Not even on the 30 seconds and asplode scale of the Quadjumper.  The only one was an explicitly unarmed luxury yacht, without any Force users remotely involved.

Basically all the other 'Star Wars Story' films have been canned.

If any TCW-era Force users appear they'll go into one of the TCW-era factions, unless I miss my guess.

So... where am I wrong?  I don't mind the idea, generally, but I'm being realistic here.

3 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

No, I see a bunch of content coming out in the next few years, from movies to TV shows, and I don't see where Scum force users are going to appear in it:

Cassian: not Scum, and seems intended to focus on the rebel vs imperial arena anyway, and not really very much on starfighter combat.  Low likelihood of Scum force using pilots.

The Mandalorian: definitely Scum, might see some starfighter combat, but I have my doubts whetgher it's going to have Force users, given that the era it's set seems likely to be some time between the Clone Wars and the GCW, a time at which Force users were rare.  Seems more likely than Cassian though.

The Resistance: could happen, maybe, but again, this is mostly focussed on the Resistance versus First order conflict, and like Rebels, doesn't seem that likely to have much Scum presence at all, and what of it there is probably won't have Force users.  We were lucky to get Asajj in the Shadow Caster at all to be honest.

Ep9 and other main canon/TFA era stuff: well we haven't seen any non-Res/FO ships so far, and frankly we've only seen two novel ships since the first movie at all - the A Wing and the Bomber.  Not even on the 30 seconds and asplode scale of the Quadjumper.  The only one was an explicitly unarmed luxury yacht, without any Force users remotely involved.

Basically all the other 'Star Wars Story' films have been canned.

If any TCW-era Force users appear they'll go into one of the TCW-era factions, unless I miss my guess.

So... where am I wrong?  I don't mind the idea, generally, but I'm being realistic here.

In any of those an unaligned Force user of some level of skill (could be minor, could be potent but cautious, could be anywhere in between) has the possibility to pop up, even if only as a secondary or tertiary character or even as part of a short tertiary subplot. Cassian might end up having to decide if letting the Empire take out/capture a Force sensitive so he can complete his mission is worth that cost. The Mandalorian could end up facing a mark that has precog and has to figure out a way to bring them in (if the character is a bounty hunter). The door is open, it is up to the development crews of the series' to decide if they'll pop up.

I don't disagree that it's possible. Of course it's possible. I disagree that it's remotely likely.

Specifically because it's not just the intersection  of scum and force we're looking for, but scum force and pilot with identified or identifiable (small based) ship associated with them.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the former, but the chances 9f it correlating with the latter seem slim.

Edited by thespaceinvader

1 hour ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

Rebels get Luke... 

Imperials get Vader...

Why do you think the Resistance is getting a small base force user any time soon? Genuinely curious.  The only possible option for that is Leia aboard this thing, and that's probably as crew.

latest?cb=20160520230433latest?cb=20180113115635

Or this thing.

latest?cb=20180113033712

But that last one's unlikely. No shields, unarmed, pure transport. So like... Yeah. Why do you think we'll get a small base force user?

34 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

You know it takes place three years after RoTJ right? I get the hope for boba but uh...

Whether its possible or not I see no need for it. Scum has a distinct feel about it and that's a good thing. Start muddying up the waters with 'everyone gets the same' and factions mean nothing. 

Force users get stuff that others can't through the force. Scum gets stuff that others can't through scummy means. The mechanics are still there even if you don't have a fancy purple token.

I'd be fine with it if we did get a scum force user from some new canon. However, it doesn't seem likely as Scum represents the normie criminals "making their way in the galaxy" without the knowledge of the force, for the most part.

Yeah Scum have lots of toys others don’t, and are the best control faction in the game. So pardon me for not shedding any tears for them.

Honestly if they have no new force users ever come out? They’ll be fine. And it’s not like the Rebels get a ton of force pilots. Aside from the Republic they are, and should be, rare.

Do you just want a ship that can take Supernatural Reflexes?  Because 1) it's a pretty degenerate mechanic and 2) the best users (kylo and Luke) have both repositions in their bar and are i5, so you need more than just any old small base force user.