Greedo_Sharpshooter

Just how good is Capt. Seevor?

iv been tinkering with Capt Seevor in a squad with Torkil Mux. Early testing has been mixed. has anyone had success with him? What squad have you used him in?

If you can keep at least a few of his supporting ships to initiative 3 or less, Seevor's jamming ability seems strong.

My initial idea was to have all ships at initiative 3 or less (Torkin is init. 2).

now im thinking its ok to have at least one high initiative pilot who hangs back a bit during engagement and either selects a different target to capt. seevor at first engagement and then switches to the ship seevor attacked (with other low init ships in previous round).

alternatively a pilot like Kavil with swarm tactics might work here too (but reliant on seevor staying close to trigger it).

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

I think it may be a while before I get in enough games to tire of FO, but once I do, I’ve got a Seevor/4-LOM/Palob(or Torkil)/Sunny/gunrunner list assembled and ready to go: 5 great scum ships all I3 or less. Seevor will (potentially) shine in a list like this...or draw a bunch of fire so other shine. 😉

Edited by Pewpewpew BOOM

27 minutes ago, Pewpewpew BOOM said:

I think it may be a while before I get in enough games to tire of FO, but once I do, I’ve got a Seevor/4-LOM/Palob(or Torkil)/Sunny/gunrunner list assembled and ready to go: 5 great scum ships all I3 or less. Seevor will (potentially) shine in a list like this...or draw a bunch of fire so other shine. 😉

i tested out 4-LOM/Torkil/Seevor/Gunrunner/Gunrunner vs a tanky rebel list (Luke/Garvin/Dutch)... it was tough going. Did not really get seevor working... probably requires careful approach practice. Just seemed to lack firepower to compete in this game. I lost 4-LOM and a gunrunner early and then struggled to put enough dmg into anything.

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

I have replaced a Banana pirate and Shield Upg. on Torkil for Seevor on a list I placed 4th in a 19 man tournament.

Fly the Party bus on the outside with the rest a smidge to the inside. Use Tobias to clear path for Bus. When you want the bus to not move, deploy Z-95, bump and self dmg for action with Unkar. Important to keep Torkil alive as long as posible to make priority ship I0 for team to focus fire. Mayby Seevor is to fast as he cannot go 1S.

Mux Pox

(36) Torkil Mux
(2) Tobias Beckett
(12) Moldy Crow
Points 50

(58) Trandoshan Slaver
(2) Unkar Plutt
(3) Zuckuss
(3) 4-LOM
(1) Hound's Tooth
Points 67

(24) Binayre Pirate
Points 24

(28) Jakku Gunrunner
Points 28

(28) Captain Seevor
(1) Trick Shot
Points 29

Total points: 198

For his points, I think Seevor’s ability to jam out to R3 is pretty strong and effective against lower ship count (2-3) lists.....particularly when the ships have limited action economy. I played Kylo/Upsilon versus Fenn/Boba and Seevor....Seevor was a pretty good distraction as I could not afford to have either Kylo nor the Up lose their focus/TL each turn I ignored him.

I like Seevor, but I think he'll be stronger in Hyperspace than Extended as he's currently directly competing with the Jakku Gunrunner for points and role in a list, and it's hard to make the case that the Jam effect is better than Spacetug Tractor Array.  But as the Quadjumpers aren't in Hyperspace (at least for the moment), Seevor is a much better prospect. 🙂 

1 hour ago, Jarval said:

I like Seevor, but I think he'll be stronger in Hyperspace than Extended as he's currently directly competing with the Jakku Gunrunner for points and role in a list, and it's hard to make the case that the Jam effect is better than Spacetug Tractor Array.  But as the Quadjumpers aren't in Hyperspace (at least for the moment), Seevor is a much better prospect. 🙂 

🤨 I could see that being said about Proach, Seevor is more in line with the actions available to a HWK or G1A. Seevor knocks off tokens or locks, Proach and quads cause the target to roll less dice and can move the smaller targets. Honestly a closer comparison for Seevor would be to Palob or Torani since their abilities are pseudo Jams.

1 hour ago, Jarval said:

The converse is that it's a LOT easier to actually USE his jam effect, given that you don't have to get range 1 before anyone else has moved.

15 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

🤨 I could see that being said about Proach, Seevor is more in line with the actions available to a HWK or G1A. Seevor knocks off tokens or locks, Proach and quads cause the target to roll less dice and can move the smaller targets. Honestly a closer comparison for Seevor would be to Palob or Torani since their abilities are pseudo Jams.

15 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

The converse is that it's a LOT easier to actually USE his jam effect, given that you don't have to get range 1 before anyone else has moved.

Oh, agreed with both of the above, but I still think the current pricing of the Jakku Gunrunner is the biggest challenge facing most of the named Mining Guild TIEs.  It's hard to go for a TIE Fighter when the Quadjumper is notably more durable and exerts a significant area of board control/denial just by the existence of its ship ability.  Don't get me wrong, I really like Seevor, I just think that as things stand he's a bit overshadowed.

I've been doing some experimentation with the 4-LOM/Palob/Kavil build, swapping between Captain Seevor and a Jakku Gunnrunner.  They are both annoying distractions to your opponent, but the Quadjumper just seemed to take significantly more firepower to take down on average.  Some of that will be dice variance, but it felt pretty notable.

Edited by Jarval

How good seevor is entirely depends on how often he actually gets to use his ability.  I played a 3 round tournament tonight with him in my list and I think I used it a single time across all 3 games.  Flying a 6 ship swarm and ended up blocking pretty much anyone who mattered for Seevor's ability so they never ended up having tokens in the first place.  I tihnk I jammed off one TL from backdraft the last game, but he was on a rock so he couldn't shoot at the time anyway.  Made him re-lock later at least.

9 hours ago, Cloaker said:

Can't fight the Seevor. 

Can't fight the Seevor. 

Can't fight the Seevor. 

**** you.

I can't Seevor till I'm foaming at the mouth.
Seevor is neither big nor small.
Seevor is the center of it all.
I try to rock her in my cradle.
I try to knock her out.
I try to cram her back in my mouth, yeah.

Have been having fun with this:

Manic Miners (200)

Palob Godalhi — HWK-290 Light Freighter 38
Trick Shot 1
Tobias Beckett 2
Moldy Crow 12
Ship Total: 53
Half Points: 27 Threshold: 3

4-LOM — G-1A Starfighter 49
Advanced Sensors 8
Mist Hunter 2
Ship Total: 59