Jump to content
Cboerger

Thanks FFG - no really

Recommended Posts

Armada is one of the greatest games I’ve ever played. Many thanks to your brilliant game designers that have carefully kept the game balanced and kept all waves relevant with evey release.

Thank you for not pumping out releases so often we need an Armada 2.0 reboot and conversion kit.

Thank you for not polluting it with terrible EU “floating block” ships that lack even the slightest imagination or sense of style.

Thank you for the upcoming SSD release. I look forward to seeing how such a unique release (that so many of the complainers were begging for until it was announced) changes our beloved game.

Thank you for putting up with all the negativity people spew on these threads. I know that you’re just folks trying to put an honest day’s work in and trying to work towards something that people will find fun before going home at the end of your day. It can’t be great seeing people crap on that with all the “what have you done for me lately” sentiments.

Thanks for all of the hours of fun I’ve had playing with my son, theorycrafting fleets and admiring my little plastic models. You don’t owe us a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this „you dont owe us a thing“ argument, I love its - black or white and nothing between - and its - literally speaking you really dont owe us and there is no such thing as metaphorically speaking - stance.

All your things in paragraphs 1-4 would be agreed upon by 99% of players here, and they regularily do. To call them „negativity spewers“ doesnt do them justice, and in general trying to divide „them and us“ is such a bad idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Cboerger said:

Thank you for not polluting it with terrible EU “floating block” ships that lack even the slightest imagination or sense of style.

Other than this, I wholeheartedly agree. But EU is awesome, the Vong are awesome, the new trilogy sux and whoever things otherwise is simply wrong :P

Edited by Norell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it’s not negativity, would a new player visiting these forums come away with a good feeling about the game?

It all seems like a tempest in a teapot to me. With reality offering unemployment, chronic illness, broken relationships, death of people we care about, Armada is an escape and source of joy, not another thing to wring your hands over.

I do mean they owe us nothing. FFG gave me some plastic spaceships and a a ruleset to play with them. In exchange, I gave them money. Done. What other product do you buy that becomes less valuable over time if a company fails to continually talk about it? I don’t expect it from any board game like Carcassonne. I don’t need Toyota to keep talking about the car I bought from them.

I think for myself and others, our “stance” is it would be nice if every other topic wasn’t someong complaining that Armada is dead and FFG somehow owes them something. It’s a turnoff for old and new players alike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cboerger said:

Armada is one of the greatest games I’ve ever played. Many thanks to your brilliant game designers that have carefully kept the game balanced and kept all waves relevant with evey release.

Thank you for not pumping out releases so often we need an Armada 2.0 reboot and conversion kit.

Thank you for not polluting it with terrible EU “floating block” ships that lack even the slightest imagination or sense of style.

Thank you for the upcoming SSD release. I look forward to seeing how such a unique release (that so many of the complainers were begging for until it was announced) changes our beloved game.

Thank you for putting up with all the negativity people spew on these threads. I know that you’re just folks trying to put an honest day’s work in and trying to work towards something that people will find fun before going home at the end of your day. It can’t be great seeing people crap on that with all the “what have you done for me lately” sentiments.

Thanks for all of the hours of fun I’ve had playing with my son, theorycrafting fleets and admiring my little plastic models. You don’t owe us a thing.

hahhahahah

i agree with everything here, doesn't make them exempt from criticism though

I too have enjoyed this game with friends, but again past experience is no bearing on future relations.

 

IMAGINE THIS

Thank you for being my wife

thank you for giving me kids, happiness 

thank you for washing my clothes, cleaning up after me

LOts more good stuff etc

 

Wife cheats on you. BUT WAIT, she doesn't owe you anything because you had loads of happy memories. :D

Don't be an appeaser bud, it's ignorant of you to assume just because people voice very true criticisms that they have nothing good to say about the game.

 

The type of person to point out Hitler found medical cures for diseases, and Nazi scientists made lots of breakthroughs when someones bashing them (just to equal and fair)

Also how much FFG paying ya?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, EbonHawk said:

also next time just tag me, obvious this relates to my previous two topics about it 

I think your perspectives are a bit skewed by bringing marriage and Hitler as relevant analogies to lack of marketing communications.

Also, I have no idea who you are. You are one of many who are crying the sky is falling here. I mean this in the nicest way but it wasn’t about you at all.

Edited by Cboerger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cboerger said:

I think for myself and others, our “stance” is.....

I'm gonna speak for MYSELF here and say you dont think for me. I'll do that. And I'm not being negative when I say FFG has done a poor job of communicating with the community that pays their paychecks. That is a fact, and facts aren't positive or negative. How we feel about them is positive or negative. 

New players this community tries to bring in are met with high entry costs for a core product that hasn't changed since inception, no availability of expansion ships from the earliest waves due to lack of reprints, and no news, announcements, communication at all that a game they are entering has ANY support from the company asking for their money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ninclouse2000 said:

Thanks ffg for not releasing anything in a year so that I ended up spending my ffg armada money on other companies’ games that actually are releasing new expansions and releasing content including articles.

I’ve gotten into Adeptus Titanicus, so yes... thank you FFG for mucking this up so badly I actually went back to GW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ninclouse2000 said:

Thanks ffg for not releasing anything in a year so that I ended up spending my ffg armada money on other companies’ games that actually are releasing new expansions and releasing content including articles.

To be fair, I think I spent most of my Armada money on other FFG products... and still find myself plating Armada more than anything not named Keyforge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BiggsIRL said:

To be fair, I think I spent most of my Armada money on other FFG products... and still find myself plating Armada more than anything not named Keyforge.

Thumbs up on Keyforge? I’ll have to give it a go. From what I understand you can buy a single pack and can play a viable game. Is that correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BiggsIRL said:

To be fair, I think I spent most of my Armada money on other FFG products... and still find myself plating Armada more than anything not named Keyforge.

Shh don’t tell anyone but I spent most of my armada funds on Star Wars legion.  I still like armada more than legion but it’s a quality game that gets monthly releases and multiple articles.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cboerger said:

I think your perspectives are a bit skewed by bringing marriage and Hitler as relevant analogies to lack of marketing communications.

Also, I have no idea who you are. You are one of many who are crying the sky is falling here. I mean this in the nicest way but it wasn’t about you at all.

Your thread has been hijacked.  Your perspective doesn’t seem to represent the majority.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cboerger said:

Thumbs up on Keyforge? I’ll have to give it a go. From what I understand you can buy a single pack and can play a viable game. Is that correct?

Keyforge is pretty sweet.  Buy a single, get a fully functional deck.  Buy 2, have a game to play with a buddy.

Plus with every deck unique and procedurally generated you can chase that high of not knowing what you are about to open.

Also it is just the right price to get my "I am just getting a soda while I am here to play Armada" into the $10 "I can use my credit card to pay" territory.  A role previously held by Destiny packs (which I don't want) and paint pots / brushes (that I bought so many of that I don't need).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, emsgoof said:

I’ve gotten into Adeptus Titanicus, so yes... thank you FFG for mucking this up so badly I actually went back to GW.

Man I love AT so much, the best thing GW has released for many years!

Ive given 8th a proper go, tried AoS for a while, played some Killteam and even  tested Necromunda...Some good bit, some bad bits but most of all I just dont feel the attraction to any of them.

But AT...Oh my, it got me but good! Lovely ruleset, AMAZING models and I cant wait for the new book and weapon kits! Finished painting my maniple over the holidays and have a big batch of terrain waiting to be shipped :D 

 

That said, Im also returning to Armada. Saddens me a bit to see how little attention Armada is getting from FFG but hey, I never bought a lot when I delved into Armada the first time so to me it all feels like christmas all over! Grabbed an ISD the other day, what a beauty!

Edited by Attackmack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, BiggsIRL said:

Keyforge is pretty sweet.  Buy a single, get a fully functional deck.  Buy 2, have a game to play with a buddy.

That’s *super* appealing. Especially at $10 a pop. I look at the Magic players and their $10 single cards and shudder to think how much it would cost to be competitive there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ninclouse2000 said:

Your thread has been hijacked.  Your perspective doesn’t seem to represent the majority.  

Maybe so. Every established gaming community develops bittervets over time. It’s just how it goes.

I really just wanted the folks working at FFG trying to bring fun things into our lives - the ones that have nothing to do with marketing and communications - to take encouragement that there are folks out there that think the game is still fun and relevant and their work and creativity isn’t is under appreciated or the game isn’t being abandoned by the entire community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Drasnighta said:

I mean, don't get me wrong...

On the subject of "mutual lack of respect between the company and the community"

...  I don't give a bucketful of bull-testicles who started the disrespect...  

The answer to a lack of respect being given is not to throw more disrespect right back.

 

 

Dras is right

 

Everyone on this forum needs to cool it, it's quickly becoming an  unacceseble Hellhole that is quickly driving poeple away. I can say this because it's driving me away, I hardly want to play my Favorite game anymore and you know why? Because more and more I feel like this Forum (where I spend most of my social time for this game) is full of unnecessary Negitiviy and it's Sapping.

If you don't have good things to say just keep it to yourself and give other poeple the opportunity to enjoy the game... 

Right now  More damage is being done by the community then by FFg, grow up guys act like Adults. Please...

Edited by clontroper5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×