Jump to content
FARGORE

Suppressed Memories Availability

Recommended Posts

For those of us waiting in hope for the reprint of Suppressed Memories and Recurring Nightmares, and doing much probing Asmodee is the parent company to a lot of games companies and have a catalogue, Although 2018 was last updated feb 2019,  top of page 6 shows they are currently still listed,  so there is currently hope yay !! unless i've overlooked something 

Here is the link  https://b2b-media-production-ana.s3.amazonaws.com/filer_public/aa/f6/aaf67659-900f-4a0f-99cd-a67a4598d203/ana_toygift_02212019.pdf

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2019 at 7:45 AM, Miles49 said:

For those of us waiting in hope for the reprint of Suppressed Memories and Recurring Nightmares, and doing much probing Asmodee is the parent company to a lot of games companies and have a catalogue, Although 2018 was last updated feb 2019,  top of page 6 shows they are currently still listed,  so there is currently hope yay !! unless i've overlooked something 

Here is the link  https://b2b-media-production-ana.s3.amazonaws.com/filer_public/aa/f6/aaf67659-900f-4a0f-99cd-a67a4598d203/ana_toygift_02212019.pdf

 

Well, that list also includes a bunch of Star Wars X-Wing 1.0 products, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2019 at 2:59 AM, TwiceBorn said:

Well, that list also includes a bunch of Star Wars X-Wing 1.0 products, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

If they are in catalog, then hopefully they will at the very least be part of the holiday sale at the end of the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another bone headed decision by FFG. Locking away a ton of content from 2nd edition owners who didn't pick all this up when it first came out. I'm one of those looking for these packs but can't find them anywhere. Just reprint them already. If this game is still in active development (which it is, there's a new big box expansion coming end of the year) then make sure everything for the **** product is available. 

I have this love hate thing for FFG. They do stupid stuff like this. They have crap packaging and inconsistencies in quality in the same product line. They also rehash the same game over and over at an inflated price. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2019 at 6:28 AM, tsuma534 said:

It's more like more money / less money thing.

 

It's not. They make some great games but they make baffling decisions that annoy me greatly:

Their packaging has not changed at all. You still get a big box filled with a giant cardboard insert that takes up 2/3rds of the space. The cards and minis are just shoved into zip lock bags (come on it's 2019). Compare this to any Cmon game with 3 x as many miniatures and it's a farce. 
Their games heavily borrow mechanics and elements from each other making them all feel rather samey. Descent, Mansions, IA, LOTR. All of their app games are the same game with slight tweaks and art changes. 
They stop printing stuff during the course of an active product cycle (MoM...) 
Their core boxes have crap quality miniatures and their expansions have better quality. Cynical in me says they do this to cut costs on the core box until they see it's a success and then they up the production on their miniatures for further stuff. 
Their games have a zillion hero miniatures. easily 2x as many as any of their games need. 
I'd go so far as to say poor value for money as far as box content is concerned too. 

Anyways, I own everything for Descent, skipped IA as it's mainly just Descent with a Starwars theme. Picked up Mansions but am now greatly ticked off i can't complete the set for no good reason and will be skipping LOTR as it seems to be heavily inspired by MoM but just a lot more boring. 

I think I may be done with FFG after Mansions honestly.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Alcovitch said:
On 7/15/2019 at 12:28 PM, tsuma534 said:

It's more like more money / less money thing.

It's not (...)

Ok, my guess "It's about the money" is as good as yours "It's not" but I'm not sure if you really disagree with me.
 

11 hours ago, Alcovitch said:

The cards and minis are just shoved into zip lock bags

It's cheap. It saves money.
 

11 hours ago, Alcovitch said:

Their games heavily borrow mechanics and elements from each other making them all feel rather samey. Descent, Mansions, IA, LOTR. All of their app games are the same game with slight tweaks and art changes. 

Selling the same thing again is one of the well-established ways to make more money while spending less money.
 

11 hours ago, Alcovitch said:

They stop printing stuff during the course of an active product cycle (MoM...) 

While it is possible that it was done out of (for example) spite, I think it's more likely that someone decided that it will be more profitable to cancel that products.
Maybe that person was wrong but I'm willing to bet my own money that the money was a sole criterion for this decision.

 

11 hours ago, Alcovitch said:

Their core boxes have crap quality miniatures and their expansions have better quality. Cynical in me says they do this to cut costs on the core box until they see it's a success and then they up the production on their miniatures for further stuff. 

Ok, now you're saying it yourself. Money.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too, like countless others, got into Mansions back in 2018 and got all the expansions with exception of both Recurring Nightmares and Suppressed Memories.  I have contacted FFG/Asmodee via the customer contact forms several times to inquire if and when they would be reprinted.  During my first time contacting them the Suppressed Memories pack still showed up under upcoming with the status of “awaiting reprint” this has since been removed.  I was last told about 2 weeks ago (July 2019) from customer support that FFG currently has no plans to reprint either of the tile packs...  looking both here and on the BGG forums there are many fans avidly still seeking these sets!  I hope they reevaluate their decision and make these available again... would be great if they offered these as a special pre-order bundle with the upcoming Path of the Serpent expansion (alas with 4th quarter just around the corner that won’t happen but would be nice... one can always dream!). Please FFG reconsider making these available again - I hate having 2 scenarios showing up as “Physical Product Required” in my app and have no way to enjoy those without the tile packs...🥺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just buckled down and bought a Canadian set.   

Not cheap, but more convenient than importing a German set that was in English.  

But yes, it would be nice if they did a reprint of these sets as there is, apparently, still demand.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2019 at 3:28 AM, Turtlefan2082 said:

Since FFG refuses to reprint the sets, let alone address why they won't reprint, anyone want my conversion kit?  It's rather worthless to me.

 

We now know why FFG "refuses" to reprint Suppressed Memories and Recurring Nightmares, and also why the latest reprint of the Core set features new miniatures (go to 01:08:47 in this video chat with FFG Head of Studio Andrew Navaro): 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TwiceBorn said:

We now know why FFG "refuses" to reprint Suppressed Memories and Recurring Nightmares, and also why the latest reprint of the Core set features new miniatures (go to 01:08:47 in this video chat with FFG Head of Studio Andrew Navaro): 

Would you be so kind and provide a quick summary? His accent is quite troublesome to me and it would be a pain to listen to this whole chat to fish for this specific tidbit of info.
I quite often have troubles with understanding what people are saying even in my native language. I process written language much better than heard.

Edited by tsuma534

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Viewers' Digest version:  The old molds broke from use, so modern (and onwards) copies of the Mansions of Madness 2nd Ed core games have all new (and some would argue visually better) molds than the earlier models. This would explain why Lily Chen has two different models.

That said, would they redesign the collections at this point, or scrap the collections and release the models in as part of future expansions.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Turtlefan2082 said:

That said, would they redesign the collections at this point, or scrap the collections and release the models in as part of future expansions.

Well, there's certainly demand. I would think that making new molds  and just re-releasing the collections is a nice way to make some money as they don't need to design anything new for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rocky Bilboa said:

Sounds like a lame excuse to me, they must have been pretty crap molds to break that fast.

Except these were the molds from the original game that were being reused to package the old content into new options in the 2nd expansion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That shouldn't make any difference. I've seen the molds that produce the miniatures for Perry's, Games Workshop and other manuacturers. Those don't break after a couple of re-runs. I also own a plastic injection mold, which took a lot of time and money to design and create. I would a bit miffed if it broke that easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the real reality of both Recurring Nightmares and Suppressed Memories, is they were surplus tiles and figures left over from the original Mansions of Madness and were never part of Mansions of madness 2 campaign. The tooling for the miniatures were probably actually scrapped at the end of the contract for MM1 as the contract ended with that particular injection molding company. 

As there are only 2 addition Scenarios I think those scenarios were really aimed  at the customers who already owned the original game and expansions as a sweetener to encourage them to purchase MM2 as an expansion. 

Just an opinion 

Edited by Miles49
just tidying up my poor grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2019 at 10:09 AM, Miles49 said:

I think the real reality of both Recurring Nightmares and Suppressed Memories, is they were surplus tiles (...) left over from the original Mansions of Madness (...)

For tiles at least, this explanation is impossible to be true as the tiles differed from those in the 1st edition. Symbols determining whether the tile depicts an "outside" area were added.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tsuma534 said:

For tiles at least, this explanation is impossible to be true as the tiles differed from those in the 1st edition. Symbols determining whether the tile depicts an "outside" area were added.

Fair point raised, and was talking about the tile and figure pack as a complete product and limited stock availability and the explanation given by Andrew Navaro in regards to the  moulds. working in digital graphics myself which includes printing, the company and the artist would have had the artwork saved, changing the symbols on the tiles would not be difficult, to assign a new printer would not be difficult as the artwork would be kept in house, or even with the original printers. In regards to the injection moulding I still believe that the tooling would have been scrapped or recycled at the end of the contract, there is a possibility that the tooling may have got too old, the fact is what ever happened to the tooling the its not as simple of changing the artwork unless someone else has a better explanation. but believe me Id love to see them back in print 

Edited by Miles49

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2019 at 2:09 AM, Miles49 said:

I think the real reality of both Recurring Nightmares and Suppressed Memories, is they were surplus tiles and figures left over from the original Mansions of Madness and were never part of Mansions of madness 2 campaign. The tooling for the miniatures were probably actually scrapped at the end of the contract for MM1 as the contract ended with that particular injection molding company. 

As there are only 2 addition Scenarios I think those scenarios were really aimed  at the customers who already owned the original game and expansions as a sweetener to encourage them to purchase MM2 as an expansion. 

Just an opinion 

If this is the case, would there be a revised edition of the base game in the works that did away with the conversion kit?  If so, at what point would FFG release it? Naturally, we would see new molds of the monsters and investigators in future expansions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know which tiles from edition 1 are being integrated into edition 2?  And if we don’t have edition 1, is there some way of printing out a picture of them, that we can maybe lay on top of existing tiles? We just bought edition 2 and I am bummed that the German supplier is out of the two conversion packs.  German is my mother tongue, so that would have actually been nice! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2019 at 2:00 PM, Mimi61 said:

Does anyone know which tiles from edition 1 are being integrated into edition 2?  And if we don’t have edition 1, is there some way of printing out a picture of them, that we can maybe lay on top of existing tiles? We just bought edition 2 and I am bummed that the German supplier is out of the two conversion packs.  German is my mother tongue, so that would have actually been nice! 

FWIW - amazon Italy has copies. The tile names are in Italian but you can easily figure it out from the pictures. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...