Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, elanmorintedronai said:

Probably 40K, because AoS has silly rules for wound rolls. 

For 40k it's either Orks or AdMech I gravitating towards, but those AoS Gloomspite Gitz have nice models that got a fun aura around them. If I got Idoneth Deepkin I would keep saying "Call me Oceanmaster" too much. 😆

Edited by Piratical Moustache

1 minute ago, elanmorintedronai said:

@Revanur Total War: Warhammer is pretty awesome. I think it does a better job representing the battles than Warhammer Fantasy ever could. You can have dinosaurs riding dinosaurs duking it out against walking pirate ships with cannons for arms. It's ridiculous in the most wonderful way.

Can confirm. Great game.

First: lol holy F they closed that thread so quick. Gawd this is becoming a joke beyond my minds ability to accept. FFG's inability to deal with it's customer base is on par with trying to understand the vast distances between objects in space in literal terms and not just conceptual ideas. 

Second: While I'd recommend 40k just because the universe/sandbox is better overall (I really hate what they did after the end times) I have heard that AoS is actually a game now and not the weird thing it was at launch. 3+ years in and they've finally made it into something worth playing. I'd still point you in the direction of 40k. As far as which race? Pick the one you like the look of the most, almost all of the races get to be on top of the broken list at some point. Or you could just play space marines like 80% of the other people that play the game (seriously that's probably my biggest issue with the game, I HATE the sheer volume of people that play space marines even though it is kind of nice to generally know how to fight/have the experience fighting against that  % of armies at a tournament even though there are 14+ factions in 40k)

4 minutes ago, elanmorintedronai said:

@Revanur Total War: Warhammer is pretty awesome. I think it does a better job representing the battles than Warhammer Fantasy ever could. You can have dinosaurs riding dinosaurs duking it out against walking pirate ships with cannons for arms. It's ridiculous in the most wonderful way.

agreed, though i kinda wish there were restrictions on army construction. Eventually it's really just best to get all the top tier units and walk over people with like 20 giant dino's. "fun". The multi fixes that with it's points but there are balance issues. 

1 minute ago, dominosfleet said:

First: lol holy F they closed that thread so quick. Gawd this is becoming a joke beyond my minds ability to accept. FFG's inability to deal with it's customer base is on par with trying to understand the vast distances between objects in space in literal terms and not just conceptual ideas. 

Par or parsec? Because the treatment seems secondary... (slow badumtss)

4 minutes ago, elanmorintedronai said:

Yeah I love Total War: Warhammer. Especially Mortal Empires mode in 2.

Man I didnt get in before it got locked. 

Something something player base pissed, something something FFG even just an announcement of new product, blah blah, if it wasn't for the leak and such. 

Did I make it???

I for one am interested what the impact of Petersen quitting will be. Do we have any knowledge why he quit? BGG lists him as the lead game designer of Armada as well - is that correct?

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, eliteone said:

Man I didnt get in before it got locked. 

Something something player base pissed, something something FFG even just an announcement of new product, blah blah, if it wasn't for the leak and such. 

Did I make it???

I mean, that's pretty much it. Imagine a kid complaining to their parent about the parents neglect and drinking problem only to be hit in the face by said parent with the bottle of wine the parent was drinking. 

Edited by dominosfleet

3 minutes ago, RapidReload said:

I for one am interested what the impact of Petersen quitting will be. Do we have any knowledge why he quit? BGG lists him as the lead game designer of Armada as well - is that correct?

If he was the lead designer on Armada then maybe will see an even slower release rate?

Posted (edited)

Game Design: James Kniffen and Christian T. Petersen

Sad news indeed.

EDIT: At least Kniffen seems to be on board still :)

Edited by RealVeers

Posted (edited)

Well Perersen was Ceo, so he was probably doing other stuff. But the other guy is mostly active on the civ pages and doesnt seem to work on Armada.

Edited by RapidReload

16 minutes ago, dominosfleet said:

Or you could just play space marines like 80% of the other people that play the game (seriously that's probably my biggest issue with the game, I HATE the sheer volume of people that play space marines even though it is kind of nice to generally know how to fight/have the experience fighting against that  % of armies at a tournament even though there are 14+ factions in 40k)

No interest in Space Marines for a variety of reasons, somewhat funny to hear this Edition isn't kind to them.

Definitely appreciate the more humorous Orks and conversion opportunities they allow.