Sign in to follow this  
BrotherFett

Ground Combat Game

Howdy all. Would you guys want a ground game that is akin to armada as Xwing is to Legion? What I mean by that is a larger scheme ground combat game where instead of controlling a few units (Legion, xwing), you are in control of an army, much like controlling a fleet in armada. When I heard FFG was doing a ground forces game, this is the style I was hoping for, a game where you could field many AtAt walkers without it being huge and cumbersome. Is their a fan made game out there like this? I would love to see it play out like Battletech mechwarrior. Thoughts?

This sort of ground game was what I was hoping Legion was going to be when it was first mentioned. If I wanted to control individual units in small skirmishes, there was already Imperial Assault.

I want a game when I can command the battle of Hoth! Give me AT-AT's, AT-ST's and squads.

The issue with this is that there's not enough on-screen units to support this long term. Now if FFG could pull from the EU, then the options open up. And while we've seen several things from the EU make their way into these games, it hasn't been a large percentage. I imagine there is quite a bit of effort to get EU things into the games. Lucas Film needs to approve these, and the Mouse needs to approve that (just a thought).

I'd still like to see a large battle command game... but I doubt we will.

I doubt we will either. I have taken it upon myself to create one for casual games with friends. I'm going to use paper 2d models or legos, but as it gets flushed out, maybe I'll use mel minature models or 3d print my own. I'm going to Frankenstein it; using rules from xwing, armada, and mechwarrior. We'll see how it turns out.