Sign in to follow this  
EbonHawk

Dear FFG

Posted (edited)

Please, just give me a job in your marketing team, because yours is ******* useless 

sorry not sorry

But Real Talk: I could do a better job lifting at least 400 pounds and that's with the left arm alone!
What about the right? Writing poems...

The twitter debacle is one recent highlight: I bring to attention your reply

"In case there was any confusion, we understand your concerns, but voicing these concerns (again) does not provide us any valuable insight into the moments and events you viewed as your 2018 highlights. What did you enjoy and want to see more of?"

While being wilding condescending to the players, and **** right rude, your 'marketing' team fail to actually see the problem that maybe there weren't many highlights, and instead of writing off criticism, use it. Because they are valuable insights into the moments and events of 2018  from your players and if you fail to see that, you shouldn't be working in marketing.

So to sum up, stop pumping **** to us and step your game up and do your jobs. Because right now your company is a joke

Edited by EbonHawk

I know you're going to catch flak for this, either from the "This topic has been beat to death" or the "Be nice to the people that make the thing we love" crowd. 

Personally, I don't see why we should stop pointing out their incredible blunders until they actually do something to fix it. So... Amen to that! Couldn't agree more.

Posted (edited)

Dear Ryan Tannehill,

As I sit hear in my armchair it suddenly occurs to me I know much better than you how you could be doing things, please assume and anticipate what would please me as your primary MO. I really feel like I'm owed way more than the many hours of fun and entertainment you've given me. It's not like I could story playing arma- I mean watching football.

Edited by Nomemories

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Nomemories said:

Dear Ryan Tannehill,

As I sit hear in my armchair it suddenly occurs to me I know much better than you how you could be doing things, please assume and anticipate what would please me as your primary MO. I really feel like I'm owed way more than the many hours of fun and entertainment you've given me. It's not like I could story playing arma- I mean watching football.

Why do these discussions always devolve into entitlement? It has nothing to do with entitlement. 

A fanbase must be grown and nurtured. The more you put in, the more you will get out. You can’t neglect it and assume you will have the same level of support. 

Just as you say customers aren’t entitled to companies giving them what they demand, companies aren’t entitled to their customers time or money. It’s a two-way street.

companies used to look after their customers because that is who put money in their pockets, and spread word of mouth to grow their brand. They looked after their customers because to do other wise is self destructive. 

Customers in turn supported the companies they loved so they would continue making the products they loved. 

We all have finite time and money. Many of us want to give FFG our money in return for well made, exciting products. If FFG doesn’t want our money, we will go elsewhere... we don’t really want to go. We are begging them to support us. If they won’t... there are plenty of games and game companies worthy of our time, money and support. 

Edited by GrandAdmiralCrunch

Posted (edited)

I'm ready to hop on board the salt express. CHOO CHOO mother ****ers, here we go.

I wouldn't be so pissed that they've let Armada go down to a single release a year if it wasn't for the fact they can't keep the essential packs in stock. I mean, I've seen the molds, it CANNOT take more than 8 months to inject a few thousand tie fighters and x-wings so the new players getting in to this awesome game don't have to deal with the scalpers so notorious for your ******ed brand. I can't help but wonder if this isn't actually part of FFG policy.

1.) Make a semi-popular game
2.) Wait till it's balanced 
3.) Let an essential unit go out of print 
4.)  self-aggrandize
5.) ????
6.) Profit?

Not to mention the OP kit release schedule and press... late as always. 

I'm on board with @EbonHawk, I ain't shutting up about it, they CAN do better, proven by the fact that they HAVE done better. 

Edited by Darth Sanguis

I have no problem being positive about the product FFG puts out. I even understand the lack of new releases because X-wing 2.0 and Legion are priority. 

Now let's get a bit less positive, the lack of reprints of out of stock expansions is just plain stupid. These dead times for new releases is when it is easy to convince players to buy multiple expansions they already own, just to try new things! It also keeps New players from fully investing in the game. 

Now we get to the marketing team fo Armada... You suck at life. At this point, the local groups get Armada more sales than anything the marketing team does. Seriously, just hire some local TO and you will at least stop insulting the fan base.

1 hour ago, Nomemories said:

Dear Ryan Tannehill,

I feel your mistake was cheering for Ryan Tannehill.

Signed, a man who watched Jay Cutler for too many years

Not going to lie FFG retweeting "we just want to hear what you liked" I mean you need to be able to take criticism, to improve. I like organized play and the highlight for me is that it exists, and has prize support, and organized play should be more organized as everything just feels thrown together. You ask for highlights, and we say we think this aspect could be improved, then you just say that's not what we want to hear tell us how great we are seams a little big headed I'm sure that's not how it was meant but that's how if feels. They just need to say well if the most memorable things are these bad things maybe we should do something to correct them and if they did retweet it should have been more along the lines of Thank you so much for voiceing your concerns about organized play, now that we know how we can improve, what did you enjoy about organized play last year but the way they handled it feels kinda like a "you guys have phones right?" Type of attatude.

38 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

Careful not to get your lips burned there matey potatey. 

Yeah because that's so equivalent to "**** this, **** that" 🙄

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Nomemories said:

Yeah because that's so equivalent to "**** this, **** that" 🙄

I mean, it depends on how you perceive it. I think being brutally honest about FFGs polices based on 1st and 2nd hand experience is perfectly civil (based on repeated years of lacking support). Let's not forget that before the hyperspace report mix up there was the wave 7 delay, before that we had to wait for a wave 6 FAQ, and then before that we barely had articles, and before that we had to wait an insane amount of time for the wave 5 FAQ. It was so bad there were literal colored teams guessing how a card worked and TO's making judgements that sent folks into a damned frenzy.  FFG has had a bad track record with Armada since wave 5 dropped. These comments are just the pinnacle of all the BS.

If you ask me, saying the community would be better if someone quit playing is far more uncivil, especially considering you have no experience with what this player may or may not bring to his or her community. 

It all depends on how you see the world. 

Either way, equivalent or not, it is a bit hypocritical to be rude to someone while claiming that they're being too rude. 

Edited by Darth Sanguis

I agree with previous statements about the state of FFGs marketing and response for Armada. Marketing is a vital item for the community of a game. But the only real marketing is for Legion and XWING right now... which is bad. Because on top of the $80 price tag and the 3 mediocre ships right now for the Core Set... XWING and Legion are seen more, and considered more appealing.

So Im going to toot my own horn real quick.

I'm a graphic designer with experience doing photography, videography, print production, and marketing... Ive been designing digital and physical media products for domestic and overseas audiences for the last six years for the United States Army. I'll be ETSing in the next 180 day, and go on terminal leave Feb 3rd. I am looking for work. The army will move me one last time. I honestly wouldnt mind doing it, even coming in at an entry level.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

I mean, it depends on how you perceive it. I think being brutally honest about FFGs polices based on 1st and 2nd hand experience is perfectly civil (based on repeated years of lacking support). Let's not forget that before the hyperspace report mix up there was the wave 7 delay, before that we had to wait for a wave 6 FAQ, and then before that we barely had articles, and before that we had to wait an insane amount of time for the wave 5 FAQ. It was so bad there were literal colored teams guessing how a card worked and TO's making judgements that sent folks into a damned frenzy.  FFG has had a bad track record with Armada since wave 5 dropped. These comments are just the pinnacle of all the BS.

If you ask me, saying the community would be better if someone quit playing is far more uncivil, especially considering you have no experience with what this player may or may not bring to his or her community. 

It all depends on how you see the world. 

Either way, equivalent or not, it is a bit hypocritical to be rude to someone while claiming that they're being too rude. 

I really don't see calling someone out on their entitled armchair quarterbacking rude, was I forthright sure but what of it? Mayhaps he, and his apologists it would appear, ought not dish out what they can't take back. Also I readily said it was based on the information I had that I perceived that he's probably not a positive not that I knew for sure so no hypocracy here.  

Edited by Nomemories

2 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

If you say so matey potatey.

source.gif

Really big of you to admit your wrong and concede your point, it's a rare thing theses days. 

1 hour ago, Stasy said:

Probably the same people responsible for every other SW property they make. So it's probably one person who's also responsable for something not even close to their main job.

I'm almost positive there's not a dedicated employee who handles marketing for Armada.  I don't even think Armada has a dedicated design/development team (whereas X-Wing has had a set team of developers assigned to the line for years, e.g. Davy & Brooks through Waves 4-10ish, Brooke added in more recent waves), and instead probably has available developers put onto projects as their schedules allow.

As far as I know, the entirety of FFG Organized Play is like four people, whom are collectively responsible for coordinating all of the kits, events, prize/art commissions, tourney rules, FAQ updates, etc. for all of the FFG Games that have organized play (which is like ten games).  It's no wonder prize choices are odd, updates come out at glacial paces, events are announced just shortly before or after they happen, that so many prizes are odd choices, or that so many kits reach stores after the event happened, or that their social media presence is handled like it just was.

I wouldn't be surprised if marketing was two or three people responsible for all of the FFG brands, not even just the Star Wars brands.   And if management comes down and says "Top Priority is Keyforge, then L5R, then Legion, then X-Wing" and that ends up consuming 95% of the time and effort of the marketing team, it's no wonder so many other games get minimal coverage, with games like IA and Armada at the bottom of the barrel effectively getting no coverage.

30 minutes ago, Nomemories said:

I really don't see calling someone out on their entitled armchair quarterbacking rude

The key issue is this:  Do YOU think that FFG is doing a satisfactory job with their social media presence and handling of Organized Play, especially as it relates to the product line Armada?

If you think the answer is "yes," many if not most of of us would find you to have staggeringly low standards for a professional corporation as large as AsmodeeNA/FFG.

Just now, Nomemories said:

Really big of you to admit your wrong and concede your point, it's a rare thing theses days. 

I'll concede the point, sure, but I don't think I'm wrong. 

Don't let my friendly language undermine the opinion I have of you based on this thread alone.

I've been a part of this community since late 2016. I have fought, laughed, argued, and learned from members of this community for years. In all that time I have only met a handful of people who have expressed that a player leaving would better the community as a whole. Very few of those few were EVER justified, and typically came from an individual who HAD to be right. Based on what I see now, I believe you to be one of these individuals. 

So, you can choose to believe that calling someone out in public and passively suggesting they leave because their opinion doesn't match yours is civil. I'm not going to argue with a person who needs to be right.

To be honest, I couldn't think of many things more rude than telling a person they are a detriment to a community.

Congratulations on your victory. 

2 hours ago, Nomemories said:

How are they not looking to their customers though? Everyone wanted a super star destroyer, before it came out it topped the list of what fans wanted and now we have one. Clearly I wasn't objecting to him having opinions and wanting certain things from FFG but rather his unfounded assertion that he could and would do better than them not to mention the pretty nasty and  uncivil way he went about it. So yes, I do see an entitlement problem hear and if he stopped playing armada my guess is the community would be better off for it.   

Hi. You must be new here considering you low post/like count. Clearly you have no idea what the **** you are talking about. It took how many years for the SSD to be announced?

3?

4? 

Just to design one ship which will inevitably be in the FAQ, which is another 6 month minimum turn around? That argument has no merit.

We, as a community from the very beginning, have been begging FFG for more articles and interaction with the player base. FFG has always had issues with releasing content for Armada. Whether it be articles, new waves, or FAQs. Armada has always gotten the short end of the stick because X-Wing has always been more successful. The reason people are making these posts is because we want the interaction from FFG. 

And yes, I bet @EbonHawk could do a better job than FFG. Why? Because what have we gotten since the SSD announcement? Or the hyper-space report bull? Are you ******* serious @Nomemories? You think anyone could do a worse job right now because it's not FFG? Crabbok was the shining light for us because FFG was feeding him new content but he can't make new content to share if FFG isn't putting in the work to make new waves. 

The only entitlement here is coming from you. How dare you walk into a community and tell people to leave because we are desperate to keep our game alive. A game we have spent thousands on. A game where we made friends and created a community.

Honestly, if you stopped playing Armada the community would be better for it.