Sign in to follow this  
phorcys12

FFG just forgot the pack Guardian of the Abyss ??

Hello, just some interogations about the possible forgot by FFG of the pack Guardian of the Abyss. 

Firstly, one month after the release, FFG hasn't put the PDF rules of this pack on the page. Secondly, this pack have no page on cardgamedb, however the Return of Dunwich, that isn't release already have a page, without content until the release. And finaly, the Guardian of the Abyss QRcode page is saying to me that the product is not released.  So why is FFG forgetting this pack ?? Some would say this is because this is a Gencon scenario, but from the moment these gencon not being POD, they have the same treatement as the others products. Loof at Labyrinth of lunacy, he have rules on ffg product page, and his cards on cardgamedb.          

Perhaps FFG want to stop giving us spoiler picture of the cards and rules, for prevent people using fake cards ?? If this is that, it's not good to me, I always have a cycle of delay from the actual release, and I always make me wanted to buy by spoiling myself on the beautiful artwork and splendid storyline of new products ...

They tend to be slower about getting the Print-On-Demand stuff put up.  In fact, I'm not sure they ever put up Curse of the Rougarou or Carnevale of Horrors.

For Labyrinths, it officially released June 7th, and the pdf was published on July 10th.

Give it time.

Posted (edited)

This one isn't print-on-demand, but the whole FFG operation for web posting seems to have slowed to a halt over the holidays. I expect it will gear up again soon.

Guardians of the Abyss is still showing as "In Stores Now" at the top of the Upcoming page.

Edited by Carthoris

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Carthoris said:

This one isn't print-on-demand, but the whole FFG operation for web posting seems to have slowed to a halt over the holidays. I expect it will gear up again soon.

Guardians of the Abyss is still showing as "In Stores Now" at the top of the Upcoming page.

Yeah.  I meant the stand-alones.

And we haven't seen updates on the Upcoming page for 3 weeks.  The only things we know are shipping have been in stores.

Edited by Duciris

They didn't put Curse or Carnevale up, but they also didn't have rules books - just the card inserts.  Labyrinths they did, though it was the same.  Guardians had an actual (if small) book for the campaign guide.  I'm hoping it makes it up soon.

At least we're not LOTR.  They stopped putting up the PDFs for that about a year and a half ago.

25 minutes ago, Buhallin said:

They didn't put Curse or Carnevale up, but they also didn't have rules books - just the card inserts.  Labyrinths they did, though it was the same.  Guardians had an actual (if small) book for the campaign guide.  I'm hoping it makes it up soon.

At least we're not LOTR.  They stopped putting up the PDFs for that about a year and a half ago.

Eep.

I don't like that at all.

1 hour ago, Buhallin said:

They didn't put Curse or Carnevale up, but they also didn't have rules books - just the card inserts.  Labyrinths they did, though it was the same.  Guardians had an actual (if small) book for the campaign guide. 

Labyrinths also had a small book, just like Guardians. Was my copy different than yours?

1 hour ago, Carthoris said:

Labyrinths also had a small book, just like Guardians. Was my copy different than yours?

The original GenCon/Arkham Nights edition had very big cards - maybe the size of the Ancient Ones/Investigators from AH2.  The retail version had a booklet.

Ah, I see. The event releases do in fact use the in-house POD production, or at least a different production process than the regular packs, so that's not surprising. Rougarou and Carnevale never had anything other than cards, though, and they were both packaged in single, mythos-pack size clamshells. But Labyrinths and Guardians are both in a different, 2-deck size, and the retail releases have rules booklets.

thanks ^^ However, Was remembered the cards of Labyrinth has come on cardgamedb really near to the release but will wait sometimes before to call the president 😅

On 1/5/2019 at 9:30 AM, phorcys12 said:

thanks ^^ However, Was remembered the cards of Labyrinth has come on cardgamedb really near to the release but will wait sometimes before to call the president 😅

Do remember that Cardgame DB is kept up to date by fans, NOT FFG. It’s up to those good and noble heroes of the community to find time in their lives to do the update out of the kindness of their hearts. This is not an oversight on FFG’s part.

3 hours ago, General Zodd said:

Do remember that Cardgame DB is kept up to date by fans, NOT FFG. It’s up to those good and noble heroes of the community to find time in their lives to do the update out of the kindness of their hearts. This is not an oversight on FFG’s part.

Are you sure, @General Zodd? cardgamedb is owned by FFG, and I was under the impression it takes all its data from them. It's why when some cards are new in cardgamedb, they are subtly different from the printed final version, because they are working off internal data rather than released data. It's Arkhamdb that's done by fans (including me), and we take some of our data from cardgamedb, as FFG updates it...

38 minutes ago, zooeyglass said:

Are you sure, @General Zodd? cardgamedb is owned by FFG, and I was under the impression it takes all its data from them. It's why when some cards are new in cardgamedb, they are subtly different from the printed final version, because they are working off internal data rather than released data. It's Arkhamdb that's done by fans (including me), and we take some of our data from cardgamedb, as FFG updates it...

Ah! I’d assumed it was the same deal. In fact it’s definitely Arkham DB I was thinking of, strange they’ve not done them yet, then!

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 5:32 AM, phorcys12 said:

Hello, just some interogations about the possible forgot by FFG of the pack Guardian of the Abyss. 

Firstly, one month after the release, FFG hasn't put the PDF rules of this pack on the page. Secondly, this pack have no page on cardgamedb, however the Return of Dunwich, that isn't release already have a page, without content until the release. And finaly, the Guardian of the Abyss QRcode page is saying to me that the product is not released.  So why is FFG forgetting this pack ?? Some would say this is because this is a Gencon scenario, but from the moment these gencon not being POD, they have the same treatement as the others products. Loof at Labyrinth of lunacy, he have rules on ffg product page, and his cards on cardgamedb.          

Perhaps FFG want to stop giving us spoiler picture of the cards and rules, for prevent people using fake cards ?? If this is that, it's not good to me, I always have a cycle of delay from the actual release, and I always make me wanted to buy by spoiling myself on the beautiful artwork and splendid storyline of new products ...

The rules are up now.  https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/4f/34/4f34877d-f095-41d0-bd52-202a5b35d864/guardians_of_the_abyss_rules.pdf

No word on the card images (link to where it will be when posted).  I'm now also waiting on both for Return to Dunwich.