thestag

Good Times on Twitter

Looks like FFG tried to get some positive PR at the end of the year and that didn't go so well...

https://twitter.com/FFGOP/status/1079818878090391553

Then FFG whined about it and that just made things worse:

https://twitter.com/FFGOP/status/1079845401791025154

I don't use Twitter myself, but I would like to give props to all the Armada players for giving FFG some well deserved grief.

Thanks to @cleardavefor posting these in the IA forums.

4 hours ago, thestag said:

Looks like FFG tried to get some positive PR at the end of the year and that didn't go so well...

https://twitter.com/FFGOP/status/1079818878090391553

Then FFG whined about it and that just made things worse:

https://twitter.com/FFGOP/status/1079845401791025154

I don't use Twitter myself, but I would like to give props to all the Armada players for giving FFG some well deserved grief.

Thanks to @cleardavefor posting these in the IA forums.

Pure gold 🏆

10 hours ago, dominosfleet said:

gawd, that level of bitterness is inspiring. Burn it to the ground people. 

"what's your favorite part of 2019?" 

"When you asked peoples favorite part of 2018 and they treated you like a winning hockey team treats the city they live in"

I don’t understand sports metaphors 🤔😆

44 minutes ago, Ling27 said:

You know, its not suprising to me. In the last few months, companies across the United States have shown that they basically lost touch with their core audience. Activision-Blizzard, EA, Bethesda, Asmodee/FFG, ect. And its not something new, its been a growing problem across multiple sectors.

I think it is some kind of need they think they have to always be on the cutting edge of tech or on the next platform and lose site of the fact that their core audience probably doesn’t give a flying **** about that. That or they try to capture the bleeding edge of cultural zeitgeist and miss that mark. That need to be the first to new market instead the the best in old market causes some serious PR blowback

The twitter feedback is funny because some organization that should know better always does this same exact stupid act. The NYPD did this one year and people tweeted back picture after picture of the NYPD engaging in police brutality or otherwise representing the worst of policing.

Posted (edited)

Whoever thought that the original or response tweets were good ideas has very questionable optimism regarding social media, especially given that 2018 was a generally pretty pessimistic year for players of a lot of the FFGOP games (the absolute debacle of the Hyperspace Report, the X-Wing community's growing pains with 2.0, Armada and IA basically getting nothing all year and being left wondering if they are dead games or not, and the changes to worlds and late announcements of event venues and often late arrival of prize kits, Netrunner unexpectedly getting canned, Star Wars LCG recently vanishing for Destingy, etc.).  I almost applaud their smug sense of pride in thinking that tossing out such a question was going to be met with overwhelming praise and congratulations and thanks...

Still, I'd have totally missed this has it not been posted here, so thanks!!!  The schadenfreude is delicious this time of year.

Edited by AllWingsStandyingBy

I don't know if I should be relieved or further saddened by the fact that it wasn't just Armada fans that didn't play along with their twitter plans.  The salt was pretty wide spread across many games.

I am a fan of FFG games, and own and continue to support several, but really only follow the Armada forum anymore.  I was thinking we were pretty isolated in how neglected we felt...but apparently not.

On 1/4/2019 at 2:14 PM, Stasy said:

I'm slightly upset they started deleting the juicy responses. I don't do Twitter, but I love this sort of ball busting. 

I find that there are two really "wrong" responses to this kind of backlash. The first is censorship, if ANY of the things you censor have even the most bit of minor substance to them then the community will explode (note the several threads about salt the past week). The other "wrong" response is condescension such as their "again" comment or blizzards "don't you have phones". 

A community wants the company they support to do well, their default position is WANTING to give you money. I'm not arguing that all the hate is warranted (plenty is)  but if your PR is so bad that the groups of people that were willing to throw money at you are now writing up forum posts about how terrible you are you've probably done something pretty critically wrong. 

Side note, I love it too. The more people burn responses like this down the happier I am. Any time i hear about how "they don't have any responsibility to put out product for you" I think about the entitlement mindset required for that person to think that the company deserves our praise / money for literally doing nothing.  

3 minutes ago, dominosfleet said:

required for that person to think that the company deserves our praise / money for literally doing nothing.  

Who said they deserve praise?

I certainly didn’t. They don’t.

There is a middle ground there after all.

Do nothing/get nothing.

That’s fair.

59 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Who said they deserve praise?

I certainly didn’t. They don’t.

There is a middle ground there after all.

Do nothing/get nothing.

That’s fair.

there was a guy a couple days ago complaining that most of the forum users were entitled, obviously i was triggered ;)

I know you didn't Dras. I do feel like you're on the edge of falling into the salty water most of the community has been in for a while and I, for one, invite you in; the water is fine down here :)