Sign in to follow this  
eris359

Regionals prizes. Have they changed?

So, the article is here: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/11/14/the-fleet-is-yours/

It lists prizes as:

64: Alt-art Kuats
16: Plastic Nebs
8: Dice
4: Evade tokens

Is that what people are getting at regionals so far?

Our local regional is listing prizes as:
All Players - Regional Championship alternate art card
Top Sixteen - Set of tokens
Top Eight - playmat
Top Four - plastic card

So just trying to figure out why they're different. Thanks.

Absolutely, for officially sanctioned OP Regionals, the regional prize kit should be offered AS A MINIMUM.

ADDING to it isn’t a problem, but the kit prizes at the level described should be offered at a minimum, and spares AFTER the fact can be at discretion for other goals and uses...

... but not offering the correct prizes for OP is a GREAT way to be sanctioned and lose your ability to hold OP events in the future - and I know of at least one store that had been sanctioned to the point they LOST THEIR RETAILER DISCOUNT on ALL FFG PRODUCT.

But we - and FFGOP - would need more information to make a determination.

18 minutes ago, eris359 said:

The event is on the ffg page:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/op/events/2018-regional-championships/armada/

I've posted on the facebook page for it to see what they say.
I was looking forward to chasing dice, so was a bit miffed that they don't seem to be among the prizes.

I would certainly be after an explanation why, and would also be forwarding both halves of the conversation to FFGOP - but it should be said, I’m *very* much a stickler for the rules, I know there are others who would not agree.

Honestly this looks like a Cut and Paste error on the part of the store.  I don't know the details of other kits but that sounds like a Destiny type Kit.  If they are also hosting a Destiny Regional they may have done some sloppy cut and pasting.

1 minute ago, Thrindal said:

Honestly this looks like a Cut and Paste error on the part of the store.  I don't know the details of other kits but that sounds like a Destiny type Kit.  If they are also hosting a Destiny Regional they may have done some sloppy cut and pasting.

Indeed most likely. especially with playmats listed too.

I know with my store, we got Armada and Destiny ON THE SAME DAY.

Its why I am running not playing 😁

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, eris359 said:

I've posted on the facebook page for it to see what they say.
I was looking forward to chasing dice, so was a bit miffed that they don't seem to be among the prizes.

From what I remember of when the Facebook page first went live there was a comment in the secret WhatsApp group about it being a copy-paste error. They're running a Destiny regional as well this year, and that's using the same prize list.

Plus in their description they've also copy-pasted what I'm guessing is the FFG description of the Kit, as it includes one extra of most things (for the organiser) and the "Poster, info sheet, and event outline" bit.

Edited by Grumbleduke

Cool cool. Guess it's just a cut and paste error as suggested then. They're certainly doing destiny too, so..

The store haven't replied, so we will probably find out for sure at the end of the event. :D

dont know if they changed, butmy latest info us that they likely dont reach the store in time. In February.

If so, and wouldnt be the first time, for the love of a supernatural being I cant understand how you give a time frane for an event you support, but are unable to support in this timeframe. Because of ... reasons?