KCDodger

"My dad is wrong" or, "Help Lack get rules across to their family."

He's totally convinced you can barrel roll as Vader, twice, if you use Supernatural instincts. I tell him, "No, it's a hard and fast rule that you cannot do the same action twice, no matter what."

Somebody help me out here.

I'll be returning to this topic for other troublesome rule disputes.

Hmm. I think Pg. 3 of the Rules Reference is your best bet. Ships cannot perform the same action more than once in a round. It does not matter how you get the action, can't do it twice.

________

Just a funny side story, for a while when my dad and I started out, we would only change 1 focus with a focus token. It was revolutionary when we figured out focus changed all results!

2 minutes ago, HanScottFirst said:

Hmm. I think Pg. 3 of the Rules Reference is your best bet. Ships cannot perform the same action more than once in a round. It does not matter how you get the action, can't do it twice.

________

Just a funny side story, for a while when my dad and I started out, we would only change 1 focus with a focus token. It was revolutionary when we figured out focus changed all results!

I can only imagine..! It's crazy just how good focus actually is.

25 minutes ago, HanScottFirst said:

________

When my sister and I started out, I thought crits counted as two. My poor A-wing...

3 minutes ago, FlyingAnchors said:

When my sister and I started out, I thought crits counted as two. My poor A-wing...

Similar story, my little sister threw her A-Wings into asteroids. She drew direct damage both times on different A-Wings. We thought rolling for that kind of damage meant it went past shields.

Oops.

29 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

I can only imagine..! It's crazy just how good focus actually is.

Assuming you can manage to roll at least one Focus icon.  >_>

5 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

And that's what EPTs and other types of cards are for! Guaranteeing at least one Focus.

What EPT guarantees a Focus?  The only ones I can find that would help with that are Predator (which still won't help much) and Heroic, and Heroic is sadly restricted to Resistance.

1 minute ago, JJ48 said:

What EPT guarantees a Focus?  The only ones I can find that would help with that are Predator (which still won't help much) and Heroic, and Heroic is sadly restricted to Resistance.

Well... Nothing. But help can be had, I think.

3 hours ago, HanScottFirst said:

The origins of calculate

9 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

He's totally convinced you can barrel roll as Vader, twice, if you use Supernatural instincts. I tell him, "No, it's a hard and fast rule that you cannot do the same action twice, no matter what."

Does he say "I'll try spinning, that's a good trick!" when he does this? If so, maybe you should let it slide?

9 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Heh.  That is literally the first rules misunderstanding I ever had in X-Wing, back in December of 2012.  Lemme tell you, Vader with Expert Handling was tough to hunt down!

11 hours ago, HanScottFirst said:

________

For my first 10 or so games I thought that you would bump an asteroid just like you bump ships(except you can’t eveb go past them with a template). The first time I bumped one dead-on and realized there was no way out based on my understanding of the rules I finally went and read them.

28 minutes ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

For my first 10 or so games I thought that you would bump an asteroid just like you bump ships(except you can’t eveb go past them with a template). The first time I bumped one dead-on and realized there was no way out based on my understanding of the rules I finally went and read them.

WAaaaaaaait a minute

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:29 PM, Captain Lackwit said:

Cap,

Golden rule - No matter how wrong you dad is ..... he's always right

(speaking from experience)

On 1/2/2019 at 12:37 AM, HanScottFirst said:

________

I used to use focus the same way. Then my nephew played outside the group and came back to teach us the right way. Boy did that change things!

3 hours ago, HammerGibbens said:

As far as rules flubs go, we used to "Activate" every ship by performing their maneuver only, and then go back over a second time in initiative order performing actions, and THEN do combat.

I kind of like that rule. Makes it so you know where everyone moved. Big help for low initiative pilots especially torp carriers to get TL's.