Sign in to follow this  
Tvboy

A question for new players that started with 2.0...

Have you bought any conversion kits?

If you didn’t start with 2.0 and for some reason feel like you need to respond to this, just qualify your post with #1.0player please.

#1.0 player. I don't know if this is the best place to get statistics. I wonder if there is a straw pool where you can format a survey to get data. This is asking for players to reply and be explain their collecting experience. Plus not every X-wing player has an FFG forum account.

Maybe try something like

1. When did you start collecting X-wing
    • 1st edition
    • 2nd edition
  2. How many Conversion kits did you buy.

I think Straw pool will let you sort data by those that answered 2nd edition into a convenient pie chart or something. Plus you can put it on reddit or other public boards like facebook pages.

I started JUST as it was going into 2.0. I think I played exactly one game a day before 2.0 was released. i bought 2 empire and 2 rebel conversion kits and went on a buying spree on ebay saving a butt ton of money. That is even taking into consideration that most of the "2nd" kits have gone unused, I saved more than enough from what I did use (will still likely use getting more older models). 

I started collecting in 1.0.  Had just about enough ships to match the Imp conv kit, so I bought that one.  Only had the one x-wing from the old Core set so I skipped the Rebel kit and instead Ebay'd for a dial, s-foils card and a few pilot cards.

I also have a decent amount of FO and Resistance, so I bought both of those kits too.  Though I will say that I have a number of unused dials between the two.

I started with 2.0. 

I looked at the cost of buying a few individual cards, extra tokens, etc from ebay initially, but quickly realised it would be cheaper to buy a conversion kit. I went for the Scum kit and bought a few 1.0 ships (Starviper, HWK, Misthunter, Quads) then recovered most of the cost by selling off the parts and cards for ships I didn't need. I also bought a moldy crow title. 

I started playing just before 2.0 was announced and only had the force awakens starter kit at the time. I waited to purchase more ships until 2.0 came out and borrowed ships from local players. I have not purchased any conversion kits and have just been buying ships as they are re-released (I mostly play rebels so I am anxious for more rebel ships!).  While I would love to have the variety of ships via conversion kits, it has been helpful to have a smaller pool to start with so that I can learn the basics of the game more effectively, not changing ships every time I play the game.