joshthesheep

New Points lists are posted, what changed?

For anyone who hasn't looked at the x wing page, the new points have been listed today, but I haven't found any major changes. Granted, I probably haven't spent enough time looking over it and don't remember a lot of the old point values.

Anyone see any exciting changes or tweaks?

Any new builds open up?

8 minutes ago, joshthesheep said:

For anyone who hasn't looked at the x wing page, the new points have been listed today, but I haven't found any major changes. Granted, I probably haven't spent enough time looking over it and don't remember a lot of the old point values.

Anyone see any exciting changes or tweaks?

Any new builds open up?

File names unchanged. Might have been a backend update.

1 minute ago, Gilarius said:

The date on the file has changed, but I don't think anything else has. The most likely things to change haven't.

1 minute ago, Hiemfire said:

File names unchanged. Might have been a backend update.

oh. That's a bummer.

Just now, Caduceus01 said:

Why do they have to tease us like that?

It probably isn't meant as a tease. It could be that they uploaded the PDFs but have them set to not go live till sometime next month, and tying them to the existing link cause the displayed date updated to tick over. :) 

Just now, Hiemfire said:

It probably isn't meant as a tease. It could be that they uploaded the PDFs but have them set to not go live till sometime next month, and tying them to the existing link cause the displayed date updated to tick over. :) 

I stand by my statement! Lol. If they are done then why wait to release them?

4 minutes ago, Caduceus01 said:

I stand by my statement! Lol. If they are done then why wait to release them?

Because it is still Dec 2018 where they're located and they aren't planning on releasing the info till Jan 2019. This gives them a chance to test the links on their side and still make changes if they see the need.

2 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Because it is still Dec 2018 where they're located and they aren't planning on releasing the info till Jan 2019. This gives them a chance to test the links on their side and still make changes if they see the need.

I guess that could be right but the FFG app led me to believe they didn’t test anything ever😂

10 minutes ago, JJH_BATMAN said:

Then what was the OP saying? I thought they said points were out? I am confused.

The X-Wing Second Edition page has today's date (Dec 31 2018) for the release date of most of the PDFs in the Points section of the page even though the files haven't changed. This also happened back in Nov a bit before Wave 2 released. :) 

I had a look at my original S&V points doc. There are a couple of subtle changes. 

First, the doc name now says v1.1. The orginal didn’t say this.

Second, the Mining Guild Tie has been added to the document. 

All point costs however remain the same.

For me it looks like an intentional update to make the docs up to date for wave 2.

That’s also why I think they didn’t promote it with an article.

9 minutes ago, Bantha 2 said:

I had a look at my original S&V points doc. There are a couple of subtle changes. 

First, the doc name now says v1.1. The orginal didn’t say this.

Second, the Mining Guild Tie has been added to the document. 

All point costs however remain the same.

For me it looks like an intentional update to make the docs up to date for wave 2.

That’s also why I think they didn’t promote it with an article.

That is the pdf we were able to DL just before Wave 2 released with the Hyperspace limitations in it.