Durins_Father

Personal statistics of LOTR LCG in 2018

It may be a bit early already, but happy new year to this amazing community. I hope 2019 will bring you a lot of great games and some awesome new cards.

Looking back on 2018, I feel that while content releases have been infrequent, the community has really thrived. People have been catching up to recent content (provided it is in print) and have been exploring more fan-made content. I myself have also been extremely busy with my new blog and wanted to share some statistics of it with you all about the last year.

On top of it all, I also tracked all of my games of LOTR LCG during the past year and managed to calculate my win rate and most-played quest. See this article for more information and the results: https://visionofthepalantir.com/2018/12/31/2018-a-year-in-numbers/

I would like to ask you if you guys would track your games in 2019 as well so that we can compare results next year, and find things like the community's most played quest, favourite heroes/archetypes, and average win-rate.

For the blog itself, I will start the Dream-chaser cycle in a few days, so if anyone wants to claim one of those quests, you are welcome to it. Reach out to me and I'll arrange you a position as an author.

Have a happy new year, and I'll see you all in 2019!

14 minutes ago, NathanH said:

Will try to remember to keep a log of my plays next year.

You seem to have logged 4 wins from 2 attempts on Into The Pit.

An error on my part, my bad. Looking forward to hearing your stats next year, good luck!

Base on my BG Stats app, which I started using this year. I managed to play Lotr LCG 25 times year. That count seems low, but most of those games were split over a few days. Like typically it takes me 1-3 sittings to finish a quest because I just don't have that much time to play and I have look after our toddler. I wasn't even able to track last night's game in the app, because my toddler was using my phone. My winning percentage for those 25 plays is 44%. Most of my losses came from playing through the Khazad-dum scenarios.

Lotr LCG is still my most played game as far as tabletop games go.

Just got into the game in September and easily logged close to 70 games in a combination of solo, coop with my wife and multiplayer with another couple. We are loving it and have picked up all of the first green core cycle and the Lost Realm cycle as well as all of the Sagas we could find (mountain of Fire still eludes us!). Been enjoying reading your blog as well as Beorn's and a few others and I'll try to keep track of my 2019 plays. 

Easily the best game ever made, quick set up and tear down time (we have infant and toddler and are therefore on house arrest for going out and this game has become our favourtir past time hang out), interesting thematic quests with great story, beautiful art, excellent cooperation, great mechanics and all in all an excellent game we are highly enjoying. 

Happy New Years everyone!