The Jabbawookie

Murder in the Mist {MAFIA}

1 minute ago, Caldias said:

so the deal is, despite not intending to bread crumb or loaf, I am the cop.  I scanned Mads D1 and got no result, scanned Ebon n2 and got Town.

mads no result is odd, 3rd party maybe? @Madaghmire any reason you can think of for this?

and training days is a solid cop crumb any time, the fact you haven't yet died to it is why I was thinking a vet lite scum

5 minutes ago, Caldias said:

so the deal is, despite not intending to bread crumb or loaf, I am the cop.  I scanned Mads D1 and got no result, scanned Ebon n2 and got Town.

what made you scan Mad over me N1 can I ask?

Just now, Caldias said:

Meta.  Mads is always a hard read, and he often gets scrutinized, so I did him first.

fair enough, so mads has some explaining to do. content to wait for him now...

today: Callum still high on my list, but with Cals evidence 

Mads is either anti-town or Cal has dropped an expert lie (considering Clon was a 'semi-cop'), but as it stands i'm more inclined to believe Cal

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Cop

"Trying to investigate an Ascetic role should return "No Result", the same as if the Cop had been blocked."

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Ascetic

Ascetic - Ascetic is a role modifier (though it can function as a role in its own right) that causes a player to be immune to all actions at Night except kills. More precisely, Ascetic reflexively Roleblocks all actions taken against them except kills.

By being unable to be tampered with, Ascetic roles lower the swing of games in which they are employed. Ascetics are a nuisance when Town because they cannot be protected or investigated, so Ascetic is more often used as a modifier to power roles so as to temper their power somewhat. Non-Town Ascetics get much more out of the Ascetic modifier, as they generally have no need for protection from kills but very much value immunity to investigations, roleblocks, redirects, and so forth.

Given Cal’s claim, I’m inclined to either call his bluff or vote on Callum. I’m only hesitant to vote Caldias because

1. We’ve had hidden town Ascetics before

2. The possibility that scum interferred with the scan.

3. Callum’s end of day two struck me as extremely scummy

I’m hesitant to vote for Callum because

1. He can’t defend himself

2. I don’t know if thats the spirits marking targets or putting the nail the coffin

11 minutes ago, Madaghmire said:

Given Cal’s claim, I’m inclined to either call his bluff or vote on Callum. I’m only hesitant to vote Caldias because

1. We’ve had hidden town Ascetics before

2. The possibility that scum interferred with the scan.

3. Callum’s end of day two struck me as extremely scummy

I’m hesitant to vote for Callum because

1. He can’t defend himself

2. I don’t know if thats the spirits marking targets or putting the nail the coffin

pretty much where I'm at atm, gunna wait for nips to come in and offer up/have a look back and probably cast a vote within a few hours

On 1/24/2019 at 2:51 PM, Caldias said:

Not sure if claiming at this point is useful or harmful.  I do apologize for not being as active in this one as I usually am.

After a cursory look, TheCallum seems to be a good place to prod.  Once work calms down I'll take a closer look.

Can I ask what would be unharmful now we know if we take your claim as true you got a semi-non town read?

and then you say we should follow callum without a scan on him, but the weird result in mad?

that said the cop claim does seem rather convenient in my eyes, but as there is the chance Mad could be arsonist I would say we have to target one of Cal/Mad.

I'm leaning mad due to the arsonist potential to burn 2-3 people tonight, and if he's town we can look to cal!

I also can't shake that looking past callum bertie's played a real scummy game as well 

so Mads didn't come up bad, my scan was just blocked.  So it's possible I was roleblocked.

that's true tbf, and thinking about it would make sense given:

Pod: x2 doc each night

You with Cop

and to stop arsonists. 

or rather, scan failed. but I don't think the failure necessarily implicates Mads 100%, unless theres info someone else has that I don't

i've town read mads up to you mentioned the scan, and considering the RB potential he's back there

I think i'd look to bertie/gnips today, gnips has been quiet and still has his words today, and despite callums scummy D2, berties looked scummy on my re-reads

2 hours ago, EbonHawk said:

mads no result is odd, 3rd party maybe? @Madaghmire any reason you can think of for this?

and training days is a solid cop crumb any time, the fact you haven't yet died to it is why I was thinking a vet lite scum

I think we need to actually kill Madaghmire. 

Town cannot take the risk that he might be the second arsonist and at this point has 2 people primed!

[With town the majority it's most likely worse for town. simple math lol]

We will lose if the arsonist flames tonight unless you want to bet on luck and he takes out scum 

Just now, Matt3412 said:

I think we need to actually kill Madaghmire. 

Town cannot take the risk that he might be the second arsonist and at this point has 2 people primed!

[With town the majority it's most likely worse for town. simple math lol]

We will lose if the arsonist flames tonight unless you want to bet on luck and he takes out scum 

I'm with you, waiting on gnips to offer his view before going full in

1 hour ago, Matt3412 said:

The order of operations here implies you immediately unvoted your vote on Callum 

I think that was meant to show intent.

12 minutes ago, EbonHawk said:

I'm with you, waiting on gnips to offer his view before going full in

I am inclined to think that Cal was roleblocked. With that in mind, I am planning on voting Callum, as he seems the most likely to be scum or the arsonist.

After him I would vote Bertie as the next scummy. 

I can see the argument for Mad, but again, it hangs on Cal not being roleblocked in the traditional manner. I am willing to go along with you though, if you deem the possibility of him being antitown too great, as I tend to be a poor judge of those sorts of probabilities.

2 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

I think that was meant to show intent.

I am inclined to think that Cal was roleblocked. With that in mind, I am planning on voting Callum, as he seems the most likely to be scum or the arsonist.

After him I would vote Bertie as the next scummy. 

I can see the argument for Mad, but again, it hangs on Cal not being roleblocked in the traditional manner. I am willing to go along with you though, if you deem the possibility of him being antitown too great, as I tend to be a poor judge of those sorts of probabilities.

Berite/Callum could be something..

I'm inclined to take you as town off the reply and it seems like you as town. I also agree about Cal and Mad, that's where my thinkings ended up.

As we won't be hearing from him

##vote callum