Sign in to follow this  
Da_Brown_Bomber

Which two pilots from each faction need a points reduction the most?

Which 2 pilots need the most help? Pick 2 from any faction you want FFG to give a points reduction ASAP.

my picks...

Scum#1: Asajj (costs 84pts now, you are paying a premium for her force point but she gets denied access to supernatural reflexes due to large ship restriction. Large ships not named the falcon are just too expensive! Decimator is pretty solid but Lambda shuttle is stealing the show thanks to coordinate and some superb imperial crew). Scum have YV-666 and jumpmaster5000 :(  :( 

Scum#2: Scurrg Bomber (This one is interesting. Costs are actually pretty reasonable. The ship just isnt getting to the table. Imperial Bombers are just way better and cheaper. Trajectory Simulator works pretty well and Capt. Nym can be loaded up to be a solid threat - i think the change in initiative hurt Nym. Maybe it needs a torp slot and not a points drop?

Dishonorable Mention: JumpMaster5000 (its been nerfed into oblivion - points/upgrade slots/dial - Dengar is kinda ok but still marginally worth playing. I'm not wanting to return to the JumpMaster meta just want a reason to play it as a support ship. Maybe it needs coordinate?

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

11 minutes ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

Scum#2: Scurrg Bomber (This one is interesting. Costs are actually pretty reasonable. The ship just isnt getting to the table. Imperial Bombers are just way better and cheaper. Trajectory Simulator works pretty well and Capt. Nym can be loaded up to be a solid threat - i think the change in initiative hurt Nym. Maybe it needs a torp slot and not a points drop?

Gunner slot. The Scurrg is okay without ranged ordinance if it can build to improve what it does have access to without taking the **** Title and, other than Cad, it can't right now.

Scum #1 and #2 Ketsu Onyo and Asajj Ventress. (3 would have been the Shadowport Hunter. Sabine is fine, IG-88 D + Fearless, have turret front and use as a bulldozer).

Sticking to hyperspace...

Han and Lando. Nobody else really needs to come down dramatically (except maybe the other two YT-1300 pilots), but the gap between the I5/6 X-Wings and other stuff needs to be larger for internal balance.

Tempest Squadron Pilot and Maarek Steele (but also every other non-Vader TIE Advanced, and maybe Vader too). TIE Advanced x1's are just way too expensive. They're effectively a TIE Fighter with two shield upgrades and a 3 dice lock-based missile, and paying full price. 

Scum... I dunno, everything seems pretty aggressively costed. Boba and the other Firesprays need to be further apart, but I'm not sure which direction it needs to move. Lando/Freighter Captain and Krassis/Kath/Bounter Hunter might be hyperspace viable, even if not as good as Han/Boba.

Nobody's actually put sequel factions on a table against me yet.

Put another way, pretty much every 2.0 release has been solid externally, except maybe the TIE Advanced. Some of them (most of them?) are kind of broken internally (see: the menace of I5-Wing), but that probably requires upcostings as well as downcostings, not just one or the other.

Definitely the SCURRG, particularly Sol, since it's an easy, lumbering target after some MUCH needed tweaking from 1st Ed

And just about every large ship in the game (minus scum Falcon and arguably the lambda) but MOST OF ALL the brick-bearing-snail itself, the decimator (let's say Oicuun because he's the coolest)

Rebellion: A-Wings and E-Wings, this has been beaten to death.

Empire: Gunboats need to come down a few points.  I think TIE Advanced should be able to run 5x generics, maybe even with FCS.

Scum: I would agree with the Lancers.  Ascetically, I hate the ship, but it deserves to be playable.  Second pick would be the Kimogila’s.  They were ordinance platforms in 1.0, but in 2.0 they’ve lost their place.  Making them efficient Primary Weapon + Predator options would be fun.

16 minutes ago, Phelan Boots said:

Making them efficient Primary Weapon + Predator options would be fun.

Executioner + Pred/R3. You can take 3 + 1 with R5-P8 instead of the R3 for 197. And they're still the best ordinance platform Scum has.

13 hours ago, Phelan Boots said:

Rebellion: A-Wings and E-Wings, this has been beaten to death.

So, so true... :o

I would also suggest that large-base ships in general are over-priced at present, and need a bit of a reduction across the board.

On 1/1/2019 at 9:58 AM, DexterOnone said:

So, so true... :o

I would also suggest that large-base ships in general are over-priced at present, and need a bit of a reduction across the board.

I think the issue with dropping points on large base ships is that you then end up with them being super powered. Dash and Han are both just below S-Tier in rebel already. Resistance Falcon is stupid good with either Rey pilot or Han/w Rey gunner. If you slice large base costs those lists will all just get exponentially stronger. 

5 minutes ago, Dreadai said:

I think the issue with dropping points on large base ships is that you then end up with them being super powered. Dash and Han are both just below S-Tier in rebel already. Resistance Falcon is stupid good with either Rey pilot or Han/w Rey gunner. If you slice large base costs those lists will all just get exponentially stronger. 

I agree, there's a very fine line; but at the moment there's little reason to choose a large base ship over two (or more) small and/or medium base ships for the same cost...

Posted (edited)

Everything Rebels 25% less.

Everything scum not in hyperspace 15% less

Imps - Tie Agressors / Tie Advance Proto 15% less 

Cap max amount of ships that would be over powered (4 X-Wings) 

Edited by Cubanboy

1. Remove Dash and Han Gunner with Roark Combo - its a one trick pony and the only time Dash is ever flown.

2. Removing the above allows Dash to be reduced and made viable in anything other than the combo mentioned in point 1.

3. As mentioned everywhere EWs and AWs.

4. As for upgrades, all force user crew and gunners are way overpriced.

Posted (edited)
On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 8:17 PM, Phelan Boots said:

I think TIE Advanced should be able to run 5x generics, maybe even with FCS.

I suspect 5 with Fire Control Systemwould be pushing it, but 5 Tempests with no upgrades would be feasible with only a single point reduction in cost. At the moment, they are very much not equivalent to the X-wing they are priced to match.

Considering the other heavy swarmers:

• Shield Upgrade Planetary Sentinel/Shield Upgrade (5 hit points, agility 2, primary 3, ailerons 'free boost')
  • Cartel Marauder (6 hit points, agility 2, primary 3)
  • Saber Squadron Ace (high initiative, 3 hit points, agility 3, primary 3, autothrusters 'free boost/roll')
  • Zeta Squadron Survivor (6 hit points, agility 2, missiles 3, heavy weapon turret)
  • Shield/Barrage Scimitar Squadron (7 hit points, agility 2, missiles 3)
  • Cluster/Ruthless Baron of the Empire (4 hit points, agility 3, missiles 3, linked action 'free boost/roll')

The agility 3, 5 hit point, primary-3-with-a-target-lock, TIE/x1 doesn't feel especially out of place.

Getting Fire Control System as well would mean dropping them to 37, and that feels a touch too cheap with advanced targeting computer's automatic hit-to-critical modifier, which is probably worth a couple of points by itself (consider BT-1).

That may be unjustified, though; they probably deserve more than a single point cost reduction, and as people have observed, 5 tempests rolling in to lock with fire control means you can shoot down one whilst they're vulnerable, then in subsequent turns they can use focus or roll/focus to stay alive without giving up their boosted attack, and their ability to reliably inflict critical hits makes them very scary.

Edited by Magnus Grendel

Rebels: Gavin Darklighter (and E-Wings in general) and Hera Syndulla (VCX in general).

Empire: Maarek Stele (Advanceds in general) and Captain Oicunn (Decimators in general)

Scum: Sabine Wren (Lancers in general) and Sol Sixxa (with Scurrgs in general).

From an Imperial player:

Darth Vader pilot needs to be reduced, you can keep SNR up in cost to offset that.

RAC, and by extension all the VT-49 pilots, needs to be lowered; right now the ship does not pull its weight.

Imperial: Tie Advanced in general. Although I’d like to see a possible small reduction to Vader as well. For Hyperspace he needs to be feasible. Tie Aggressor 

Rebel: E-WING all of them. With the addition of the RZ -2 it counterpart the Rebel A-Wing needs a looking at.

Scum: if there is any way to fix Dengar/Asajj platforms that’d be a start.

the other ships/factions in Hyperspace FFG will also look at but I feel these are needed platforms to be looked at.

A-wings and E-wings for rebels for sure.

Scum I'll leave to people who actually play Scum, Asajj I think would be my bet cause it looks fun to play. Maybe Scyks because again, fun.

Imperials: Deci and Aggressors. As a primarily imp player I'm pretty happy with my choices already so I'm not worried.