Ginkapo

New Years Resolution - Meta Mix Up

On 12/30/2018 at 10:30 PM, Ginkapo said:

Neb B supports a new lease of life, theyre a great little flanker.

Hehehe certainly I will, and maybe with two of them :)

5 hours ago, TallGiraffe said:

Try @Quadro28 Garm Neb Gunline list. 

If anyone wants to try it, I have basically a copypasta I can send with the basics on how to fly the fleet. It's pretty simple and fun, but I think competitively it won't do super well with the direction the meta is going. It had a narrow window I felt it did well.

So running Demo for the first time was fun, but I think I got its role reversed. Instead of being the finisher, it was the ship who was softening up targets (played against an Imperial LMSU fleet) so my TIE Bombers could finish them off. Had a good time with it though and can certainly see its value and appeal. As a primarily Rebel player though, still partial to Admonition. Hope everyone else is having fun with their own meta mix-ups.

4 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

I tried an Arquitens for the first time on Monday, but no Motti. I'll have to try an Arquitens with Motti sometime this year! The Arquitens kicked butt, by the way. 

They are pretty fun.  @Crabbok created a Tarkin Cymoon/4 x Arquitens build (IF on the ISD, TRCs on the Kittens) that is a blast to fly if you ever get the chance.

I used Ozzel and a 2 Gladiators, one with ACMs and the other with expanded launchers. It was a fun Imperial MSU fleet. I really like fleets that navigate and end up in places people don't expect. Ozzel was a lot of fun. I would use him again. 

Now to think about other combinations I haven't used before. Basically anything Imperial, I primarily play Rebels.

Thanks for putting this together.

4 hours ago, somerandomn00b said:

I'll be taking up this challenge ...

Thinking Kuat ISD + Demo + GSD + Quasar as a core to flesh out the list around

I love the ordnance concept, but it might pay off to leave a little more room for squadrons.  It’s an awkward investment when you bring a smaller group of squads to push and the Quasar sits around being shot if they die.

Edited by The Jabbawookie

On 1/16/2019 at 4:38 PM, The Jabbawookie said:

I love the ordnance concept, but it might pay off to leave a little more room for squadrons.  It’s an awkward investment when you bring a smaller group of squads to push and the Quasar sits around being shot if they die.

That's a great summation of where I'm currently at with this. I'm not gonna lie, this is a delightful brainteaser to try and strike that balance ... even with Demo being the only thing "fully kitted".

And even if the squads die, the Quasar still has a role ....

..... it's called "Bait". 😉