Sign in to follow this  
player3686594

The Elusive Warsong

Hi Everybody

Hope y'all are enjoying Keyforge as much as me. Mahn' that Poltergeist clarification thread is just like a Bad Penny haha.

I wanted to share with everyone a scenario that happened yesterday:

My opponent had 2 Elusive (Elusive: The first time this creature is attacked each turn, it takes no damage) creatures out so it would take 4 creatures to kill them, 2 per creature. My buddy felt super confident despite me having 4 brobnar on the field of battle, ripping and raring to go. So on my turn I played Warsong ''For the remainder of the turn, Gain 1 amber each time a friendly creature fights'' and proceeded to gain 4 amber that turn because the War Song was strong that day with these Brobnar singing loud well hunting and fighting those Elusive Shadowed Elven Thieves. By the end of the game my buddy was like, '' Dayummmmm that was a sick play, never would've thought about Warsong's interaction with Elusive and making it into a Brobnarian advantage''🤩

It's funny how many times you think you've got something good out and it turns out your opponent can actually swing it to their advantage. The Warsong is a Brobnar favorite card, and if you are fortunate to have a deck that has it with Loot the Bodies and The War Chest you can have even more fun against elusive creatures!

(Of the 10 decks I own 8 of them feature house Brobnar. I've learned to love their nuances)

Between Anger, Ganger Chieftain, and Gauntlet of Command, I often find my Brobnar turns have more opportunities to fight than there are creatures to fight! It's a good counter to Elusive. When I add Warsong to that, it feels like playing pinball and hitting the same panel four times in a row.

My favorite deck has Brobnar cards with anger, relentless assault, and warsong and a speed sigil with dodgers and umbras. It can swing some serious aember especially if you can clear your opponents board and then use relentless assault to ready all those brob creatures and reap because there's no one to fight.

Relentless Assault is rapidly becoming one of my favorite Brobnar cards. The only time I really hated seeing it was when I drew 2 in my mulligan to 5 cards (the other three weren't creatures either, I had to take my first turn just discarding cards, which is the worst).

50 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

You can get similar interactions using Shadow Self or Ether Spider along with the many ways to let non brobnar allies fight, to get extra fights without killing targets.

Bonus points if you use them to get in the first fight against an elusive creature.