TrueMandalorian

A gift that keeps on giving.

On 12/30/2018 at 11:07 PM, TrueMandalorian said:

Technically the Victory is a medium size ship.

Yes, I was really responding to the “star destroyer” part of the sentence.

On 12/29/2018 at 9:50 PM, TrueMandalorian said:

Just played my first game last night, and I have got to say I enjoyed it a lot!

I received the core set for Christmas, and played with my nephew on the starter game. It was a blast!

To tell the truth I have flipped sides (don’t tell the X-wing guys) and like Armada more.

My nephew wants to play again tonight.

As an X-wing guy, it is now my sole duty to best you with a ridiculous amount of fighter squadrons lead by the Baron himself.

On 1/7/2019 at 9:02 PM, FlyingAnchors said:

As an X-wing guy, it is now my sole duty to best you with a ridiculous amount of fighter squadrons lead by the Baron himself.

On 1/7/2019 at 9:28 PM, The Jabbawookie said:

@carthwolf apparently did a good job cleaning up with the Baron and Darth Vader...

Still totally green, because I have no clue what you two have said. Haha.

well except for the squad part. 

I would avoid getting a raider as it is a less versital ship.  Imo, Start with a gladiator and gazanti if you want a smaller price tag.  If you can swing one bigger ship instead of two smaller, get the Chimera (before the ISD for sure).  It is more versital, comes with excellent upgrades and you really will find Grand Admiral Thrawn to be a flexible commander.  I would recommend an Arquiten but there mevuver chart takes some skill to use effectively and may be a frustrating ship to start with.

For rebels, mc30 is a must. Tanky, lots of attack dice and really fun to play with.  Also GR75 or pelta.  If you want to swing a bigger ship. I would start with an MC75. 

Get what you think will be fun though.  You'll learn how to play the ships eventually so get what interests you.  Check out @Crabbok YouTube for info. He has a video on each ship so you can research what you want to get and he has videos on his opinion on what he thinks you should buy first.  

Edited by Rune Taq

The great part about Armada is that practically any ship you get at this point can provide you with some fun.  There really aren't any "duds" in the game, just some that take more work to find their place than others.  The only really common mistake is thinking a Raider gives the Imperials the same as a CR90 gives the Rebels, as that's kind of a finicky ship to find a place for.