Blademaster72

Strikers and vermile

TIE Reaper - •Major Vermeil - 51•Major Vermeil - Veteran of Scarif (49) Tactical Officer (2)

TIE/sk Striker - •“Pure Sabacc” - 50 •“Pure Sabacc” - Confident Gambler (44) Shield Upgrade (6)

TIE/sk Striker - •“Duchess” - 48 •“Duchess” - Urbane Ace (42) Proximity Mines (6) 

TIE/sk Striker - •“Countdown” - 49 •“Countdown” - Death Defier (44) Hull Upgrade (5) 

Total: 198

TIE Reaper - •Major Vermeil - 49 •Major Vermeil - Veteran of Scarif(49)

TIE/sk Striker - •“Countdown” - 49 •“Countdown” - Death Defier(44) Hull Upgrade (5)

TIE/sk Striker - •“Duchess” - 50 •“Duchess” - Urbane Ace (42) Predator (2) Proximity Mines (6)

TIE/sk Striker - •“Pure Sabacc” - 52 •“Pure Sabacc” - Confident Gambler (44) Predator (2) Shield upgrade (6)

13 hours ago, TheOz said:

Drop the tac Officer and the prox mine and give the strikers predator for a chance to have retold, crack shot is not a bad option either. 

The red coordinate actually is really useful for slowing down the tie reaper when you need to

I think you can do red coordinates even with Tac Officer onboard. It adds white coordinate to your action bar, it does not treat red coordinates as white.

2 hours ago, RikuM said:

I think you can do red coordinates even with Tac Officer onboard. It adds white coordinate to your action bar, it does not treat red coordinates as white.

True but it saves you the points for epts ok the strikers which I feel is much more useful, especially sabacc because all of those red dice are really sad without rerolls, or at least crack shot to push that extra damage potential through

7 hours ago, Blademaster72 said:

TIE Reaper - •Major Vermeil - 49 •Major Vermeil - Veteran of Scarif(49)

TIE/sk Striker - •“Countdown” - 49 •“Countdown” - Death Defier(44) Hull Upgrade (5)

TIE/sk Striker - •“Duchess” - 50 •“Duchess” - Urbane Ace (42) Predator (2) Proximity Mines (6)

TIE/sk Striker - •“Pure Sabacc” - 52 •“Pure Sabacc” - Confident Gambler (44) Predator (2) Shield upgrade (6)

THIS

I'd rather find a way to include Death Troopers on Vermeil. They make for sad ships when they are scared to use their linked actions. The Reaper can do a deceptively deep dive into where the opponent is going to be - preventing actions (which dovetails nicely into Vermeil's ability).

No, no, no - even better - swap out Countdown for a base Reaper with Death Troopers. That I1 ship can pick it's spot and give out coordinates! It will even leave you 2 points for predator on Vermeil.

I think you'll find three strikers a nice balance, though. They're manoeuvrable enough to actually dogfight in a way reapers struggle to with red turns (meaning the ailerons makes you merely 'not awful')

I'd probably swap Pure Sabbac's Predator for Crack Shot. Sabbac is a bit of a kamikaze - he gets one solid attack, then tends to get hammered and lose his ability. As a result, 'disposable' talents which help whilst he's still fighting to full effect tend to work well.

Duchess is more manoeuvrable so should live long enough to benefit from predator a couple of times.

Vermeil is nice. His ability essentially gives him a sort-of-opportunist ability; because he shoots last (at the moment) if an opponent spends their focus or evade against a TIE/sk attack, then Vermeil picks up a free blank-to-hit modifier for his attack (assuming he has a focus token). His ability becomes less useful if you remove an I4 striker and slot in an I1 reaper which attacks after him.

Vermeil with Death troopers is a great kamikaze - dive in, jam, block, mess with people's ability to shed stress (watch Nien Nunb explode if he forgets the Death Troopers!). Whether they'll do more or less good than the mines is a matter of taste, though.

One other - slightly suicidal - option is to take a cheap reaper (instead of vermeil rather than as well as). Follow the same plan, but use saved points for a hull upgrade and kit out the strikers with Ruthless. You're planning on parking the Reaper in your opponent's face; why not take advantage of this and the reaper's reasonable tank of hit points to get really cheap, really powerful red dice modification?

I mean - sucks to be the reaper, obviously. But that's life in the Imperial Navy. 

On 12/30/2018 at 3:10 PM, McGarnacle said:

I've flown a very similar list to this. Any reason you chose Hull Upgrade on Countdown over proximity mines or Krennic with Vermeil? 

So countdown lasts longer. 

8 hours ago, Blademaster72 said:

So countdown lasts longer. 

But how do you get people to shoot at Countdown instead of Duchess, Sabaac or Vermeil? I mean, I see the benefit, but Countdown is quite pricey. 

8 hours ago, McGarnacle said:

But how do you get people to shoot at Countdown instead of Duchess, Sabaac or Vermeil? I mean, I see the benefit, but Countdown is quite pricey. 

Traditionally? Shove him down their throat like he's flying a protectorate fang. He can close and try to get 4-dice range 1 attacks, with a relatively easy-to-line-up bull's-eye if you give him predator or crack shot. In close, it's surprisingly easy to dodge massed fire and end up face to face with a single ship - most ships don't care whether they're taking two three-dice attacks at range 2 or a single 4- or 5-dice attack at range 1, but Countdown knows he's coming out of the latter with some incidental damage to the paintwork.

On 12/30/2018 at 2:10 PM, McGarnacle said:

I've flown a very similar list to this. Any reason you chose Hull Upgrade on Countdown over proximity mines or Krennic with Vermeil? 

I have flow this with Krennic, however I have been having a hard time getting Krennic to trigger without putting the Reaper in compromising positions. What have you been doing to find success with Krennic?

1 hour ago, Intergerm said:

I have flow this with Krennic, however I have been having a hard time getting Krennic to trigger without putting the Reaper in compromising positions. What have you been doing to find success with Krennic?

Well tbh I've recently switched out Krennic for Sloane, but since I often found the Reaper with no good targets I'd just lock something for the Optimized Prototype on Duchess or Sabaac to trigger. Might be good to put OP on Countdown to make him more dangerous and thus more of a target.

3 minutes ago, McGarnacle said:

Well tbh I've recently switched out Krennic for Sloane, but since I often found the Reaper with no good targets I'd just lock something for the Optimized Prototype on Duchess or Sabaac to trigger. Might be good to put OP on Countdown to make him more dangerous and thus more of a target.

Sloane is definitely the way to go for extended. I have not settled on an ideal OP candidate either.