azeronbloodmoone

officers incoming

so i got curious started looking around and saw the Spanish sight already had it as in transit, but i saw that it was after the 11 Jan release, and also 18 Jan, so as long as they keep to the January release its looking like January 25
http://www.fantasyflightgames.es/en_desarrollo

anyone find anything different?

I’m really interested to see how these minis work with different units! 

I want to try the generic commander holding the back line with Han and Chewie pushing forward... Or see how much an officer attached to some troopers improves things...

I like running AT-RTs as mobile cover so maybe some repair action with that droid!?!?

Im not sure about the Coms person but I haven’t looked too closely yet...

I have been looking forward to this for some time. Nice to see Droids on the table and an Imperial Navy Trooper. Honestly I am probably gonna pick up enough of those packs to make a full squad of Navy Troopers as a stand in. 

I am still hopeful that FFG will make a squad of Navy Troopers so we can finally have some Imperial squads with faces on the table.

17 minutes ago, C3POFETT said:

I have been looking forward to this for some time. Nice to see Droids on the table and an Imperial Navy Trooper. Honestly I am probably gonna pick up enough of those packs to make a full squad of Navy Troopers as a stand in. 

I am still hopeful that FFG will make a squad of Navy Troopers so we can finally have some Imperial squads with faces on the table.

Me too.

But since droids "work" with a Hoth army I'm excited regardless. And I like the generic officers so much that I painted a new squad of plain old Stormtroopers, so that when these hit the shelves I'll already have 3 corps to go with them. Plus my ROTJ styled bikes (for demo games) and my two AT-ST's (because Hoth) I'll be all set for "ordinary" Imperial armies.

The temptation is growing to sell my original core set's worth of rebels in snow colors. Then use the storage space to paint a not-Hoth core set's worth of Rebels, add some Fleet Troopers or something, and effectively have two factions within each faction.

17 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

Me too.

But since droids "work" with a Hoth army I'm excited regardless. And I like the generic officers so much that I painted a new squad of plain old Stormtroopers, so that when these hit the shelves I'll already have 3 corps to go with them. Plus my ROTJ styled bikes (for demo games) and my two AT-ST's (because Hoth) I'll be all set for "ordinary" Imperial armies.

The temptation is growing to sell my original core set's worth of rebels in snow colors. Then use the storage space to paint a not-Hoth core set's worth of Rebels, add some Fleet Troopers or something, and effectively have two factions within each faction.

I like the idea of multiple factions within a faction. 

I have children that attend a school for children with special needs. They have "Family Fun Days" a couple times a month. Last school year I introduced Imperial Assault (simplified rules) to the kids and it was a hit. So much I had to buy an entire second collection. This school year I introduced Legion (simplified rules) and I paint each squad differently to allow for 4 player games. 

These games have created a small gaming community for the children and has helped them socially. Also it has created a new wave of Star Wars fans and that is always a plus.

5 hours ago, C3POFETT said:

Honestly I am probably gonna pick up enough of those packs to make a full squad of Navy Troopers as a stand in. 

I'll probably do a head-swap with Veers. Although then again his unmodified mini would work just fine as a Hothic 50 point Imperial Officer proxy figure.

16 hours ago, BenBot said:

I’m really interested to see how these minis work with different units! 

I want to try the generic commander holding the back line with Han and Chewie pushing forward... Or see how much an officer attached to some troopers improves things...

I like running AT-RTs as mobile cover so maybe some repair action with that droid!?!?

Im not sure about the Coms person but I haven’t looked too closely yet...

I have a feeling there will be a comms upgrade that extends your command bubble. 

8 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

I have a feeling there will be a comms upgrade that extends your command bubble. 

You...you know there already is one, right? It's been in the game since the first post-Core release (Veers and Leia).

On 2019年1月7日 at 7:44 AM, TauntaunScout said:

You got me thinking about a squad of Fleet Troopers done in a Hoth paint scheme. I planned to pick up another squad and give one a head swap and paint job to bring Nien Nunb into a squad. They could essentially resemble a command center crew on Hoth.

37 minutes ago, C3POFETT said:

You got me thinking about a squad of Fleet Troopers done in a Hoth paint scheme. I planned to pick up another squad and give one a head swap and paint job to bring Nien Nunb into a squad. They could essentially resemble a command center crew on Hoth.

Yeah I keep toying with that idea too. If only cause my (Litorco's) Hoth scheme is really fast and easy to paint! Also it would remind me of old WEG black and white line drawings of rebels.

17 hours ago, TallGiraffe said:

It could be some sort of Relay. "If you could give an order token to this unit, you may give 1 order token to a unit at 1-2 of this unit instead." Maybe exhaustible.

2 hours ago, DekoPuma said:

I'm most excited for the medics. There's a lot of potential there, healing things like Palp and such.

I’ve been preaching the same thing my dude. Healing a wound on heroes will be crazy good depending on how much the medics cost.

17 hours ago, lukecook said:

I’ve been preaching the same thing my dude. Healing a wound on heroes will be crazy good depending on how much the medics cost.

I think the medics will be amazing for restoring heavy weapons to squads as well, although trickier to pull off.

12 hours ago, TallGiraffe said:

Depends on what else you want in that command slot?

Bonaparte himself!

1 hour ago, mini78 said:

I think the medics will be amazing for restoring heavy weapons to squads as well, although trickier to pull off.

Or making an Atgar unkillable!

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 3:09 PM, DekoPuma said:

I'm most excited for the medics. There's a lot of potential there, healing things like Palp and such.

The medic is a personnel upgrade, for trooper units.

Edited by Tubb