Bucknife

"Luck" tokens...

Totally theoretical...

(This is the kind of forum content we make when we're dying for ffg announcements...)

But sounds fun:

Red token, scum only.

Tokens stay on ship until used.

May be spent during the modify dice step to reroll one die (may also be used on opponent's dice while your ship is the attacker or defender). 

Could be paired with pilot abilities or a talent card like:

"Lucky"

After you are damaged, assign 1 luck token to your ship. 

After you receive 1 stress token, receive 1 Luck token

I would be against this, as it would have to have a high cost for its effect- it is basically a offensive/defensive Predator without any limitations such as arc or range restrictions. The Lucky card is even worse, you get a dice mod for a stress, so anything with Adv Sens will be double-modding its dice or getting a dice mod plus reposition. It would be a very powerful and possibly game-changing ability/token.

9 hours ago, Bucknife said:

Red token, scum only.

Tokens stay on ship until used.

May be spent during the modify dice step to reroll one die (may also be used on opponent's dice while your ship is the attacker or defender). 

Well, given how weak Scum are at the moment, I don't think anyone would deny they could use the boost.  However, I think you were overly cautious in how toned-down you made these tokens.  Maybe they should be something like:

When you would take any amount of damage, spend one Luck token to cancel all damage, and instead deal the source of that damage twice as many damage cards as you would have received.  Then turn all that ship's damage cards face-up.  Gain two Luck tokens.

That's still not quite up to what the other factions have, but it's getting there.

5 hours ago, JJ48 said:

Well, given how weak Scum are at the moment, I don't think anyone would deny they could use the boost.  However, I think you were overly cautious in how toned-down you made these tokens.  Maybe they should be something like:

When you would take any amount of damage, spend one Luck token to cancel all damage, and instead deal the source of that damage twice as many damage cards as you would have received.  Then turn all that ship's damage cards face-up.  Gain two Luck tokens.

That's still not quite up to what the other factions have, but it's getting there.

I read the first paragraph and assumed you were serious, because FFG Forum.

Then I read the italics. I want to say well played, but I’m afraid someone else will repeat this later, but seriously.