drail14me

Pick the date: Points Release ???

8 minutes ago, prauxim said:

Hmm, right, looks correct on the phone. On my windoze machine (chrome) it looks like this 

2019-01-10 14_28_21-Pick the date_ Points Release ___ - Page 3 - X-Wing - FFG Community.png

Interesting, it appears it is device based and not browser based.

33 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Interesting, it appears it is device based and not browser based.

Huh. Chrome here as well, but I'm on a Mac so maybe that does something. Or maybe prauxim has some sort of Chrome extension that messed it up. Anyone else see the em-dash instead?

Edited by SpiderMana

I thought I was done talking about points, but the official date has re-enthused me.

How important will "thematic builds" be to FFG's rebalancing?

For example: Boba is good. Boba is one of Scum's most recognizeable pilots. Therefore, will Boba be left mostly intact, while less recognizable good stuff - like Palob - are more aggressively upcosted?

TIE swarms are unpopular. TIE swarms are the most visually iconic Imperial list possible. Therefore, will massive changes be made across the board, to create a meta where TIEs preform better? Will all the good, but EU, Imperial ships be upcosted to make TIEs shine brighter in-faction?

40 minutes ago, svelok said:

I thought I was done talking about points, but the official date has re-enthused me.

How important will "thematic builds" be to FFG's rebalancing?

For example: Boba is good. Boba is one of Scum's most recognizeable pilots. Therefore, will Boba be left mostly intact, while less recognizable good stuff - like Palob - are more aggressively upcosted?

TIE swarms are unpopular. TIE swarms are the most visually iconic Imperial list possible. Therefore, will massive changes be made across the board, to create a meta where TIEs preform better? Will all the good, but EU, Imperial ships be upcosted to make TIEs shine brighter in-faction?

You know what needs to happen to help TIE swarms? Kick trajectory simulator up a bunch of points. It’s 3 points. 5-6 would not be out of line if your goal is to make TIE/lns more viable.

Basically make it still usable, but make it pay a premium that forces tough decisions elsewhere in the list.

1 hour ago, svelok said:

Will all the good, but EU, Imperial ships be upcosted to make TIEs shine brighter in-faction?

A general increase in cost to most I5 and I6 pilots would be more prudent. Targeting the Tie Swarm's traditional predator would (Aces) should help them out. Banning/Massively increasing the price of Trajectory simulator would help as well. The real issue with the Tie Swarm at tournaments may just be fatigue, though.

12 minutes ago, Squark said:

A general increase in cost to most I5 and I6 pilots would be more prudent. Targeting the Tie Swarm's traditional predator would (Aces) should help them out. Banning/Massively increasing the price of Trajectory simulator would help as well. The real issue with the Tie Swarm at tournaments may just be fatigue, though.

my swarm can handle an ace but too many bombs make my ties go pop

So the next Saturday, and therefore most likely the next tournament, after January 28th is February 2nd. So anyone who said February was basically correct. But FFG was still technically correct, and that's the best kind of correct.