Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Icyobi

Northshore (Saugus) Massachusetts

Recommended Posts

Hello! In an effort to create something of a Legion community out in North Eastern Massachusetts, specifically the Saugus area Battleground games is putting together a casual event day this Saturday at 1pm to discuss what those who play legion would like to see from the store in terms of support for tournaments, events and leagues. 

Star Wars Legion Casual Community Day

So if your available come join me and lets see if we can't get some regular organized play going!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im sorry I missed your reply and this post because of the holidays.

 

i’m about 30 minutes south of Saugus, but it’s doabe to play. I’ve only played the learn to play game once though.  I’d want to do that a few more times begore going all in. I prefer to play Rebels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will do my best to be there. It's on my calendar as of....... NOW!

I too am south of S

On 12/29/2018 at 12:58 PM, Will44 said:

Im sorry I missed your reply and this post because of the holidays.

augus.

I have both armies and no preference for which one I play so whatever works for you works for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome!  

Just to update this thread with some information:

Saturdays at Battleground Saugus from 1pm to 630pm will be the store's Legion Day/Time.  Specifically the day that we gather to play some games, and hopefully/potentially run tournaments with some prize support. 

Saturday January 12th specifically we will be running Operation Deep Jungle: a 300 point raid with individual games timed at 75 minutes each, on a 3x3 map  and gradually build up your battle forces up through wins/losses/objective grabbing.  The plan is for there to be  the Ground Assault Kit there for prizes to be handed out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 1/2/2019 at 10:35 AM, Icyobi said:


Saturdays at Battleground Saugus from 1pm to 630pm will be the store's Legion Day/Time. 

I thought this was going to be a day to discuss what those who play legion would like to see from the store. Seems like it's already all decided? I'm going tomorrow to discuss, but Saturdays in general are bad for me as they frequently conflict with family life and, in the warm months, other hobbies. I'm all about weeknights after 6.

 

 

Edited by TauntaunScout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2019 at 10:35 AM, Icyobi said:


Saturday January 12th specifically we will be running Operation Deep Jungle: a 300 point raid with individual games timed at 75 minutes each, on a 3x3 map  and gradually build up your battle forces up through wins/losses/objective grabbing.  The plan is for there to be  the Ground Assault Kit there for prizes to be handed out. 

I have no idea what Deep Jungle is but I moved some stuff around and I'll be there at 1. I'll have loaner armies available in pre-calculated 300 point lists for anyone who knows the rules but doesn't have an army. I assume we only play once? I can commit to a 75 minute game but not several of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Operation: Deep Jungle

This is the facebook event page.  It'll be held  Saturday the 12th at 1pm, and will be four rounds of approximately 75 minutes each. 

300 points is the base army, but through objectives achieved in game and post game your lists updates/grows

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Icyobi said:

Operation: Deep Jungle

This is the facebook event page.  It'll be held  Saturday the 12th at 1pm, and will be four rounds of approximately 75 minutes each. 

300 points is the base army, but through objectives achieved in game and post game your lists updates/grows

 

Oh I thought it was a single 75 minute game. I have a 5:30pm commitment elsewhere. So... yeah... not sure if there's a creative solution or if I should just swing by and find a pickup game or help run the tournament in some way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was really looking forward to this, but some things have come up and I won’t be able to make it. :( I was there for the Silent Hail event and I’d for sure be interested in future events here. If someone could post how today goes, I’d appreciate it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KalEl814 said:

I was really looking forward to this, but some things have come up and I won’t be able to make it. :( I was there for the Silent Hail event and I’d for sure be interested in future events here. If someone could post how today goes, I’d appreciate it!

Yeah I'm looking forward to stuff starting up but Saturdays are difficult for me, and committing to 4 games on the same day is even worse for me. I had a thing scheduled for 5:30pm tonight, long before this was announced, so, I didn't make it either. There was no way I could start 4 rounds at 1pm and be done on time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just as a wrap up for this for everyone who was wondering:

IT was amazing! Twelve players showed up for the event with a bunch of different lists (More imperials than Rebels in our area, but the Rebels did well to come out with a good showing in the top of the points)  

Thank you to everyone out there who came and helped kick things off with Operation Deep Jungle.

Looking ahead we discussed doing a 1600 point team game in the month of February so please keep on the lookout for more details about that! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2019 at 7:57 AM, Icyobi said:


Looking ahead we discussed doing a 1600 point team game in the month of February so please keep on the lookout for more details about that! 

 

If it's one 1600 point game and not several I could probably go! Also... if it is not on the 23rd. I have two armies, don't mind loaning one out, and will play whichever faction is needed to avoid mirror matchups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...