Lord Ashram

Started playing Armada with my son....

Hah!   Yeah, some good deals out there.

My son and I played five or six games over the holiday break.  We ran just a ship or two apiece, no upgrades, and few-to-no heroes.  We came up with a story ahead of time, usually connected to the Rebels storyline (he loves that show) and then played.  I've been impressed; he is able to play the entire game, straight through, no issues... in fact, he corrected ME a few times, the little git!  Now, he is a bright kid who is very analytical and has a crazy memory... that, plus being raised by me, I think, has conditioned him to the game.

The only bad part is we play on the floor (he has a hard time reaching the center of the gaming table) and my old body is ACHING by the end:(

1 hour ago, Lord Ashram said:

Hah!   Yeah, some good deals out there.

My son and I played five or six games over the holiday break.  We ran just a ship or two apiece, no upgrades, and few-to-no heroes.  We came up with a story ahead of time, usually connected to the Rebels storyline (he loves that show) and then played.  I've been impressed; he is able to play the entire game, straight through, no issues... in fact, he corrected ME a few times, the little git!  Now, he is a bright kid who is very analytical and has a crazy memory... that, plus being raised by me, I think, has conditioned him to the game.

The only bad part is we play on the floor (he has a hard time reaching the center of the gaming table) and my old body is ACHING by the end:(

Tis only a temporary pain! You are developing a gaming buddy for life! My 23 year old son should be making the 2 hour drive in just to play a few games, next week. That's quality family time, right there! ;)

7 minutes ago, cynanbloodbane said:

Tis only a temporary pain! You are developing a gaming buddy for life! My 23 year old son should be making the 2 hour drive in just to play a few games, next week. That's quality family time, right there! ;)

Yeah, I figure I have to put up with it... I'm the reason he is a big Star Wars loving game nerd, so how can I turn my back on him?

Little turd better start letting me win, though... I'm starting to get salty about getting crushed by a seven year old.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, FortyInRed said:

I'm really tempted to pick up an MC-80 and ISD. When you opened the MC-80 box, everything was there as expected?

Yes. It was sealed in the shrink wrap. All content accounted for.

Edited by Rune Taq

On 1/5/2019 at 9:37 AM, FortyInRed said:

Nice, thanks! Got some money for Christmas so I'm going to pull the trigger on the ISD and MC-80. 

I now have everything from wave 1 and wave 2!

So in about 5 years I'll be excited to get my SSD.

Look at it this way, you still have options S on how to expand your fleets. I don't really...  Need 1 more Chimera and MC75, beyond that I don't "need" anything.  Accept an SSD.  Got some money for Christmas to put on my pre-order so only need about $80 to cover it.

Mine was shipping, then the sender requested it be returned, and it went back to where it came from. I have emailed twice, gotten no response, and have also called both numbers on the website and one is a wrong number, and the other is a message saying that the website is a fraud. 

3 hours ago, Kelsier16 said:

I don’t know if Rune Taq’s experience was accurate, but I do not think that it’s worth the trouble buying from this website. Anyone had similar experiences?

I showed the picture. I got my MC80. IDK what happened with your order but thats bull and I'm sorry. Could be sketchy or just a crappy one time issue.  Order with caution I guess people. 

1 hour ago, Kelsier16 said:

Mine was shipping, then the sender requested it be returned, and it went back to where it came from. I have emailed twice, gotten no response, and have also called both numbers on the website and one is a wrong number, and the other is a message saying that the website is a fraud. 

Oh man that is terrible. I was considering buying something from the website, but no way I will risk it now. Sorry man. 

Ordered a MC80 and an Imp Star and both arrived new and sealed within a week just as Rune Taq experienced. I have a separate order out for a core set as well and I will update if/when that arrives as well.

Edited by Chamberlin

Did the carrier or store give any feed back on why there was a shipping issue?  And please let us know if you resolved the problem of when it does get resolved. (money back or item in hand)

So I'm starting to think this might be a little shady. I got a confirmation email from my order immediately, and they happily took my payment, but I haven't gotten any update about shipping. I reached out yesterday for an update as I placed my order 10 days ago, but haven't heard back. 

If you're reading this and considering buying something from here - don't. 

Not yet until people who have placed orders confirm we got them, or got a refund.  

It's not a trap. It took a few days for them to ship but my Core set and Home One arrived today. Brand new. The packing slip is a bit shady. Under SOLD TO, it lists someone else's name. SEND TO, lists me. IDK.

Edited by Halliday
Typo

I'm just happy trolling Amazon from time to time.  Last night I bought an Interdictor for 18 dollars.  Some insanely good deals from time to time, and it's less shady.

Edited by AegisGrimm