Sign in to follow this  
Da_Brown_Bomber

Scum & Villainy Expansion wish list for 2.0

Guns for Hire expansion was decent and gave us a cool Starvipers repaint and pilots as well as  Kihraxz fighter repaint but only Guri was seen at tables in my area, and even then she is quite a niche pilot.

Most wanted gave us the Y-Wing and two Z-95's. Pretty solid generic ships but its as much about the pilots. This expansion gave us scum firespray and HWK-290 pilot... just a shame the HWK-290 was such a weak ship to play with...that 1.0 movement dial was terrible.

When you look at what FFG gave us in the Most Wanted expansion - 4 different types of ships, 4 pilots for each ship, enough cardboard to field multiple generic ships this was actually an early conversion kit for scum and villainy :) (most ppl had the models, just needed the pilots and dials for scum versions of these)

What would you like to see in a future 2.0 Scum expansion?

How about HWK-290 repaint and scum specific title. Would be great if you could field two unique hawk pilots, together in the same list, both with unique title upgrades :) 

Some new or variant gunner upgrade cards unique to scum would be sweet. 

How about some new Scurrg bomber pilots? we only have 3 and theyre not seeing much play.

Same issue with the G-1A Starfighter, 4-LOM is about the only guy making it to the table.

in 1.0 we got Mandalorian Mercenary - a generic BH pilot with an elite pilot talent slot. why not give us a few more firspray pilots at the lower end of the cost/initiative scale?

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

16 minutes ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Raven's_Claw

Could we be getting the Raven's Claw title for the HWK-290? that would be sweet.

The Raven's Claw was an entirely different model of ship... As for Scum only title, I'd rather a config that ate the title slot and did something decent to offset the loss of it with out being limited.

11 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

The Raven's Claw was an entirely different model of ship... As for Scum only title, I'd rather a config that ate the title slot and did something decent to offset the loss of it with out being limited.

images of ravens claw look similar enough to use existing model but id be down for a new model if they made one. Not too hard to produce some new pilot cards with differences such as white boost or forward 2 dice guns.

2 hours ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

Guns for Hire expansion was decent and gave us a cool Starvipers repaint and pilots as well as  Kihraxz fighter repaint but only Guri was seen at tables in my area, and even then she is quite a niche pilot.

Most wanted gave us the Y-Wing and two Z-95's. Pretty solid generic ships but its as much about the pilots. This expansion gave us scum firespray and HWK-290 pilot... just a shame the HWK-290 was such a weak ship to play with...that 1.0 movement dial was terrible.

When you look at what FFG gave us in the Most Wanted expansion - 4 different types of ships, 4 pilots for each ship, enough cardboard to field multiple generic ships this was actually an early conversion kit for scum and villainy :) (most ppl had the models, just needed the pilots and dials for scum versions of these)

What would you like to see in a future 2.0 Scum expansion?

How about HWK-290 repaint and scum specific title. Would be great if you could field two unique hawk pilots, together in the same list, both with unique title upgrades :) 

Some new or variant gunner upgrade cards unique to scum would be sweet. 

How about some new Scurrg bomber pilots? we only have 3 and theyre not seeing much play.

Same issue with the G-1A Starfighter, 4-LOM is about the only guy making it the table.

in 1.0 we got Mandalorian Mercenary - a generic BH pilot with an elite pilot talent slot. why not give us a few more firspray pilots at the lower end of the cost/initiative scale?

Sorry for wall of text incomming.

-Starvipers are fine, but I do want Thweek to come back in case I want to fly Guri with another viper

-Kihraxz I want Vaksai title back as the ship was very fun to build and it still has 3 mod slots that will never see use without the title. I would even accept if the Kihraxz was more expensive but made mods cheaper as it was more about the fun of building it(fun that you can have 3 that cost roughly the same in 1.0 but were so dramatically different)

-z-95 ndru is a solid pilot, kaato is useless with a bad ability and bad initiative. I would like kaato to get a new ability and gain 1 more named pilot( or drop kaato and gain 2 new pilots) maybe a new z-95 pilot with I4 and some kind of ability to buff 1 friendly ship or more fitting with scum maybe weaken 1 enemy ship like the enemy must reroll all their defense dice if some condition is met.

-Hwk has 2 good pilots tho I wish torkil could have a elite slot. Dance needs a new ability since the Hwk lost its turret slot( maybe if you successfully hit someone with your turret(firepower 2 fyi) then they recieve 2 ion tokens? It makes you decide between that extra firepower in primary arc that the title gives you vs control)

- scurrg is in a really rough spot as it lost its missile/torps, has never had reload, and to make it worth using it costs as much as a kitted firespray but is squishier, has less firepower, and is less maneuverable, and because you need trajectory for it to have any advantage over other scum bombers, it is a limit of 1 scurrg. The scurrg needs the title to lose its limit or a non-stressful reload. Compared to a kimogila the price for the scurrg is a too high as the kimo seems like a better platform for the price.

-G-1A is fine, i’ve used Zuckuss to great effect, give him trick shot and collision detector for a ship that throws 5 dice very often, 6 if you can get the miracle of range 1 through terrain. 4 lom bring reliability and control, Zuckuss just brings potentially really high offense. As far as the platform itself, jam action could not have been put on a worse ship, bad maneuverability with the requirement of getting in range 1, combined with middle of the pool initiative for the named pilots. If anything the G-1A would be a very cool ship to put maybe coordinate on( or a red one if you really think that is too strong)

-Firespray, change Kath back to her 1.0 ability right now! The extra die out the rear was enough for her to compete with boba just a bit, her new ability sees her compete with the generic only. The other firespray pilots should all be initiative 4 for the point cost they need I4. I honestly wish Emon or Kath was 5 alongside Boba. The firespray feels like it should be kinda a ace only platform.

These are all my opinions, and i’m sure someone will disagree with some of it, but I feel these changes would allow for more viable options available while currently a lot of scum ships(more so than rebels or imps) feel like there is only 1 good pilot choice for the whole ship.

Edited by DakkaDakka12

47 minutes ago, DakkaDakka12 said:

Hwk has 2 good pilots tho I wish torkil could have a elite slot. Dance needs a new ability since the Hwk lost its turret slot( maybe if you successfully hit someone with your turret(firepower 2 fyi) then they recieve 2 ion tokens? It makes you decide between that extra firepower in primary arc that the title gives you vs control)

Slap feedback array and static discharge vanes on Dace. Makes aces dread getting close.

What I'm looking at running him as. Since he doesn't keep the Ion token he doesn't get damaged by the feedback array:

Dace Bonearm — HWK-290 Light Freighter 36
Squad Leader 4
Tactical Officer 2
Feedback Array 4
Static Discharge Vanes 6
Ship Total: 52
Half Points: 26 Threshold: 3
47 minutes ago, DakkaDakka12 said:

Firespray, change Kath back to her 1.0 ability right now! The extra die out the rear was enough for her to compete with boba just a bit, her new ability sees her compete with the generic only. The other firespray pilots should all be initiative 4 for the point cost they need I4. I honestly wish Emon or Kath was 5 alongside Boba. The firespray feels like it should be kinda a ace only platform.

Marauder is Kath's baby. Try running her with it instead of running Boba. The gunner is optional though can be helpful. :)

A Kath build that could be fun:

Kath Scarlet — Firespray-class Patrol Craft 74
Trick Shot 1
IG-88D 4
Rigged Cargo Chute 4
Marauder 3
Dengar 6
Ship Total: 92
Half Points: 46 Threshold: 5
Edited by Hiemfire
Added suggested builds for Kath and Dace

When Guns for Hire was released, the most common Starviper I saw on the table was Thweek.  Guri appeared here and there, and I certainly fielded her a lot, but Thweek was the show-stealer.  

...And those thrice-damned missiles.  May Harpoon Missiles never return to X-Wing.

Otherwise GFH also gave us Dalan Oberos, who IMO was tragically overlooked.  And in v2 his ability is still considerable if you take Advanced Sensors.  I haven’t flown him as much as Guri, but it has been fun to run him with Daredevil.  If you opt to Boost with Adv Sensors, you can make it red and pull a turn, perform a blue maneuver, clear stress, and having completed your maneuver rotate yourself 90-degrees.  His only real issue is the PS 4 puts him in the lower rungs for aces.

55 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Slap feedback array and static discharge vanes on Dace. Makes aces dread getting close.

What I'm looking at running him as. Since he doesn't keep the Ion token he doesn't get damaged by the feedback array:

Dace Bonearm — HWK-290 Light Freighter 36
Squad Leader 4
Tactical Officer 2
Feedback Array 4
Static Discharge Vanes 6
Ship Total: 52
Half Points: 26 Threshold: 3

Marauder is Kath's baby. Try running her with it instead of running Boba. The gunner is optional though can be helpful. :)

A Kath build that could be fun:

Kath Scarlet — Firespray-class Patrol Craft 74
Trick Shot 1
IG-88D 4
Rigged Cargo Chute 4
Marauder 3
Dengar 6
Ship Total: 92
Half Points: 46 Threshold: 5

4 dice attack out the front when u block with another generic ship seems like the definition of situational. Kath is 6pts cheaper than Boba but her ability is rather weak even if you say put dengar on her for 6pts. Boba is so strong because his ability triggers frequently enough to push thru consistent damage and he catches the odd defensive reroll as well. Kath imo needs to be way cheaper to begin with, otherwise why not just pay 6 pts more for boba? Emon is pretty interesting but u have to load him up with upgrades to abuse his ability and id rate him as requiring the most skill to use optimally, compare to boba who just flies into the teeth of the enemy and kicks them in the nuts hard and flips the bird with even more damage from his rear arc the turn after engagement. Summary: FFG made boba so strong the other firepray pilots look meh in comparison and not surprisingly are getting passed on in favour of Boba. 

18 minutes ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

4 dice attack out the front when u block with another generic ship seems like the definition of situational. Kath is 6pts cheaper than Boba but her ability is rather weak even if you say put dengar on her for 6pts. Boba is so strong because his ability triggers frequently enough to push thru consistent damage and he catches the odd defensive reroll as well. Kath imo needs to be way cheaper to begin with, otherwise why not just pay 6 pts more for boba? Emon is pretty interesting but u have to load him up with upgrades to abuse his ability and id rate him as requiring the most skill to use optimally, compare to boba who just flies into the teeth of the enemy and kicks them in the nuts hard and flips the bird with even more damage from his rear arc the turn after engagement. Summary: FFG made boba so strong the other firepray pilots look meh in comparison and not surprisingly are getting passed on in favour of Boba. 

I was suggesting builds that can get some mileage out of Dace and Kath, not making a claim as to Kath being better than Boba. Kath's old ability got spun out into her ship's name, Marauder, and she gained a new one that built on her pirate associations. IE being the leader of the Binayre Pirates... With title and before other upgrades She comes just a point over what she would have if they just straight converted her over (77 instead 76). In return she gets a bonus to her attack when she's got the right sort of friendly near the enemy, an extra "crew" (gunner technically, but they were the same thing in 1.0) slot and a nicely improved ride. She also doesn't have to be shooting from her front primary to gain the benefit of her ability, or Trick Shot, the rear gun is a primary as well. Auxiliary arc does not exist in 2.0. Boba has the same ability he did in 1.0, he just gained access to Kath's ride and players are abusing it...

41 minutes ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

Kath 1.0 was a far better pilot ability. If you are paying the points for 2.0 Kath upgrading to Emon or Boba for useful pilot abilities is a small point difference for a big increase. 

Think about it, 1.0 Kath was like Boba you could throw her in any list, but 2.0 Kath not only wants you to run bumping large bases or bumping swarm ships, they also need to be generic.

They made Kath a pilot you have to tailor your list to make efficient use of, and the list tailored to her pilot ability is not even particularly potent. If you do make a list tailored to her ability, she doesn’t have the initiative to be carry like Boba and in her list she WILL be your highest initiative pilot.

Edited by DakkaDakka12

33 minutes ago, DakkaDakka12 said:

Kath 1.0 was a far better pilot ability. If you are paying the points for 2.0 Kath upgrading to Emon or Boba for useful pilot abilities is a small point difference for a big increase. 

Think about it, 1.0 Kath was like Boba you could throw her in any list, but 2.0 Kath not only wants you to run bumping large bases or bumping swarm ships, they also need to be generic.

They made Kath a pilot you have to tailor your list to make efficient use of, and the list tailored to her pilot ability is not even particularly potent. If you do make a list tailored to her ability, she doesn’t have the initiative to be carry like Boba and in her list she WILL be your highest initiative pilot.

This^

kath just isnt good enough in 2.0. To abuse her ability u need to fly a specific type of list. thats just not going to happen when boba is just so much better for 6pts more. He eats 87pts of ur list with marauder/han but u get a wrecking ball for those points.

My wish list to Santa Jabba next Christmas is that I want a Sunny Bounder paint scheme Scyk and I want a Hound's Tooth with a removable Nashtah Pup Z-95 and a Guri with retractable wings and for Mr. FFG to switch out the second crew slot on the Jumpmaster for a Gunner and maybe if I'm REALLY good I can have Talonbane Cobra get the 1.0 Poe Dameron treatment and get to be bumped up to initiative 6 because he deserves it. 

Yup. That's what I want. 

Hondo Ohnaka.

He could be in a Sentinel Class Shuttle (which could possibly be a Empire/ Scum ship), a Sorosubb 3000 and Even a Firespray as he uses the Slave I in the Clone Wars. 

And a new scum Epic, I’m hoping GR-45 or Aroure Class Freighter.

1 minute ago, outerrimrebel said:

Scum YT-2400 is all I want.

I was just going to say this!!! FFG could use it's Edge of the Empire Beyond the Rim adventure and add the Yiyar clan as it YT-2400 pilots so there is atleast 2 pilots and a new title call "Nightflyer" which was a salvage ship and could use a tractor beam like ability to move debris clouds around which would be interesting and nifty since we can now destroy astreiods with bombs. you could also add the Rotten Core into the game which is from the Mask of the Pirate Queen's adventure and is a ship out of the Veiled Sorority's Fleet.

The Z-95 desperately needs something, the generics are great for little swarm groups, but it is very limited in options, one thing I would like to see is a configuration for it in the form of the "Heavy-95" which would add an astromech slot to the ship but give it a negative effect at the same time to make up for it.

I also would like to see more YT-1300 pilots for scum again coming from Edge of the Empire, but this time coming from the beginner game in the form of the Krayt Dragon and you could then have up too 3 unique pilots with Trex, a trandoshan slaver, and then two of the heros from the game like Pash the human smuggler and Oskara the Twi'lek Bounty Hunter.

Then I would also just like to see the Zann Consortium brought into the game since they are in the Edge of the Empire adventure Mask of the Pirate Queen where they only have the Starviper M-2 to start off and no official named pilots but it is a start.

Again from the Mask of the Pirate Queen adventure is the Cutlass-9 Patrol fighter used by the Veiled Sorority as its niche starfighter, like the Consortium, it doesn't have any current named pilots but FFG can always come up with some from characters in their adventures.

If you guys can't tell I love using ships and character from the RPG's cause I think they have a wealth of material that can be utilized in game and technically it is all canon as well. My list could be much longer but those are my key ideas.

11 hours ago, It’s One Of Ours said:

When Guns for Hire was released, the most common Starviper I saw on the table was Thweek.  Guri appeared here and there, and I certainly fielded her a lot, but Thweek was the show-stealer.  

...And those thrice-damned missiles.  May Harpoon Missiles never return to X-Wing.

Otherwise GFH also gave us Dalan Oberos, who IMO was tragically overlooked.  And in v2 his ability is still considerable if you take Advanced Sensors.  I haven’t flown him as much as Guri, but it has been fun to run him with Daredevil.  If you opt to Boost with Adv Sensors, you can make it red and pull a turn, perform a blue maneuver, clear stress, and having completed your maneuver rotate yourself 90-degrees.  His only real issue is the PS 4 puts him in the lower rungs for aces.

Dalan’s tricks are amazing. I really need to fly him more.

It’s just too bad initiative 4 means all his crazy flips don’t always amount to anything.

2 hours ago, Matanui3 said:

It’s just too bad initiative 4 means all his crazy flips don’t always amount to anything.

Yea I have used him b4 and he works well enough as long as he isn’t the lowest initiative.

prince Xizor however has a bad ability and I feel like he should be similar to Talli in the resistance a-wing  as in very cheap bc you mostly paying for initiative.

On another note can the Kihriaxz get the Saws Renegades treatment so it can be a competitive ship like the X-Wing and also have like a dozen pilots like the X-Wing or Tie fighter

if not the Kihraxz then can scum get 1 small base with a lot of pilot options(12 pilots) and lots of slots for versatility.

What small ship is scums most recognizable? What is our equivalent to x-wings and ties?

Edited by DakkaDakka12

1 hour ago, DakkaDakka12 said:

Yea I have used him b4 and he works well enough as long as he isn’t the lowest initiative.

prince Xizor however has a bad ability and I feel like he should be similar to Talli in the resistance a-wing  as in very cheap bc you mostly paying for initiative.

On another note can the Kihriaxz get the Saws Renegades treatment so it can be a competitive ship like the X-Wing and also have like a dozen pilots like the X-Wing or Tie fighter

if not the Kihraxz then can scum get 1 small base with a lot of pilot options(12 pilots) and lots of slots for versatility.

What small ship is scums most recognizable? What is our equivalent to x-wings and ties?

Don’t know that scum has a universally recognizable small fighter.  I can’t think of one I actually knew about before starting the game, at least not as a scum ship (though I jumped in to Scum because of bounty hunters and because the StarViper just looks so dang cool).  The Y-wing could technically count, but it’s not very iconic for the faction in general.

The Firespray is one of those that everyone loves, but it’s more in the position of the Falcon and Lambda shuttles than X-wings and TIEs.

8 hours ago, Matanui3 said:

Dalan’s tricks are a lot like Guri’s in v1.  He’s not a top end initiative, but he’s not generic-level.  4 isn’t bad, but it’s not as good as you wish it was.  A lot like other Initiative 4 aces, like Jek, or Lando.  For him to shine, I think (like Guri in v1) he needs Advanced Sensors. **** I think it should be stapled to most Starvipers anyways, because it’s such a key component in keeping them tricky and unpredictable.  There’s only so much planning a higher end ace can do when you’ve got a ship that can do a lateral turn around, or equally crazy maneuvers.  

In short, Dalan, along with any Starviper ace really, excels when they are frustratingly difficult to pin down and predict.

3 hours ago, Matanui3 said:

Don’t know that scum has a universally recognizable small fighter.  I can’t think of one I actually knew about before starting the game, at least not as a scum ship (though I jumped in to Scum because of bounty hunters and because the StarViper just looks so dang cool).  The Y-wing could technically count, but it’s not very iconic for the faction in general.

Scum really doesn’t have a set trademark fighter, and in all honesty it really shouldn’t.  Scum is the faction that ends up being a catch-all for the little sub-factions that aren’t part of the “big conflict”, whichever time period that may be.  And these sub-groups range from Mandalorian defense squadrons and corporations, to private bounty hunters, to crime syndicates.

So the trademark-fighter(s) for each of those factions is going to be it’s own thing...  Kinda like what we see now.  Mandalorians have their Fang Fighter, which is more of an interceptor with a death-wish, and other MandalMotor ships.  Black Sun has it’s Z95s, Khyraxxz, and Starviper.  The Hutt cartels use the Khyraxxz, Kimogila, and Scyk (and could probably use a Dunelizard addition).  Tansari Point is mostly Scyks.  And the bounty hunters each fly their own personalized larger scale craft.  Meanwhile we just got the Mining Guild’s modified Tie Fighter.

Scum shouldn’t have an iconic fighter, IMO.