Yeah, I was going to ask the exact same question.  I reached out to a retailer and they said they didn't have any info either but that they would contact FFG and see where this is at.  These sorts of things have a habit of just popping up unannounced in the stores.  I have a huge order on hold waiting for this to drop, but if it is going to be a few weeks/months still, then I might just have them ship was I got now and send this later when it comes out.

I have heard on BGG that a gentleman in China has received his map from a local game store. Could mean it's on the way. He has posted several images on BGG, so it looks quite legitimate.

On 4/8/2019 at 10:18 AM, CoffinDodger49 said:

I have heard on BGG that a gentleman in China has received his map from a local game store. Could mean it's on the way. He has posted several images on BGG, so it looks quite legitimate.

True, but Asmodee still saying they have no release date. Sadly no new info in the last week. 

I honestly think the mat is a scam at this point.. 

This is the answer I got from the Customer Care after several emails going back and forth. I also urge them to have internally ask the question, because somebody should have more info on it. But get the same default reply back. "Check our newspage".

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. We currently do not have a release date for the playmat. We apologize for any inconvenience. We suggest that you keep your eyes on our news (https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/index/) and product page as that is where we announce all the latest information regarding the releases of our games.

Our News page is where we make all of our announcements on reprints and releases and I am unable to give you any more information. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact us again!

Thank you!
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Brenna
Customer Service Representative
customerservice@asmodeena.com

It is pathetic that after all this time FFG cannot be bothered to let us know when they expect the mat to be out. Even if the estimate is in the third or fourth quarter (or next rear) it would at least be some information.

9 hours ago, Lobazito said:

This is the answer I got from the Customer Care after several emails going back and forth. I also urge them to have internally ask the question, because somebody should have more info on it. But get the same default reply back. "Check our newspage".

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. We currently do not have a release date for the playmat. We apologize for any inconvenience. We suggest that you keep your eyes on our news (https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/index/) and product page as that is where we announce all the latest information regarding the releases of our games.

Our News page is where we make all of our announcements on reprints and releases and I am unable to give you any more information. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact us again!

Thank you!
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Brenna
Customer Service Representative
customerservice@asmodeena.com

Yepp, the same useless response. Disgraceful. 

On 4/22/2019 at 6:39 PM, Gamer said:

It is pathetic that after all this time FFG cannot be bothered to let us know when they expect the mat to be out. Even if the estimate is in the third or fourth quarter (or next rear) it would at least be some information.

You should see how they've been treating Imperial Assault players lately...

FFG is terrible at customer outreach and PR.

Edited by King_Balrog