player3010587

Bad Luck Insurance Should not be Faction Locked

Or restricted to Countdown. Proposition:

Learning Projectile Computer: 3 non-recurring charges

Setup: lose 3 charges

While attacking or defending, if more than half of your initial roll is blank, recover 1 charge.

While attacking or defending, you may spend 3 charges to change any result to a crit/evade.

I really didn't quite understand why heroic is faction locked. Actually I was pretty happy to see that coming first, because I wanted to put that on Wedge.

Actually, there is no really good elite talent for Wedge anymore. Nothing like 1.0 Predator or PTL.

I know that's a good thing, too, because some of these Elite Skills were just too strong. Apart from that they were strong enough to make other skills unusable.

Heroic on a tie (fighters or strikers) swarm could get out of control.  I think the developers felt the resistance lists would generally tend towards smaller elite lists so they need more "insurance."  I do think it helps with faction identity. 

Rebels do need help though...

Edited by reqent

15 minutes ago, Schu81 said:

I really didn't quite understand why heroic is faction locked. Actually I was pretty happy to see that coming first, because I wanted to put that on Wedge.

Actually, there is no really good elite talent for Wedge anymore. Nothing like 1.0 Predator or PTL.

I know that's a good thing, too, because some of these Elite Skills were just too strong. Apart from that they were strong enough to make other skills unusable.

Wedge isn't a solo ace. Too many builds try to kit him out as one, but he rarely survives to the endgame.

IMHO, swarm tactics was made for him. Crack shot probably a close second.

6 hours ago, player3010587 said:

Or restricted to Countdown. Proposition:

Learning Projectile Computer: 3 non-recurring charges

Setup: lose 3 charges

While attacking or defending, if more than half of your initial roll is blank, recover 1 charge.

While attacking or defending, you may spend 3 charges to change any result to a crit/evade.

Stop whinging

1 hour ago, Hawkstrike said:

I wish I could put Heroic on Luke; he always rolls blanks.

Brilliant Evasion from wave 3 should help a bit. Two force for the price of one, and he doesn't even have to pay for the one. 

4 hours ago, Kehl_Aecea said:

There's always Elusive and Predator for your green/red dice rerolls...

Target locks aren't faction locked...

And Shield Upgrade. 

Don't forget Shield Upgrade. 

Complete all-in-one bad-luck-insurance, now faction UN-locked at a starport near you!

I'm not sure heroic is actually that great. Getting a roll of BBF or BBE is pretty common, and Heroic seems like it would be best in an environment where 2 ship lists are more common, as you can ensure you have focus tokens on defense. (Or on Luke, if he could take it) 

(Or if Rey could take it to trigger on defense, comboing with Finn)

On the other hand, it's just a point, so it might be a tad undercosted? 

Edited by Alyx'sDog

2 hours ago, Alyx'sDog said:

I'm not sure heroic is actually that great. Getting a roll of BBF or BBE is pretty common, and Heroic seems like it would be best in an environment where 2 ship lists are more common, as you can ensure you have focus tokens on defense. (Or on Luke, if he could take it) 

(Or if Rey could take it to trigger on defense, comboing with Finn)

On the other hand, it's just a point, so it might be a tad undercosted? 

It's not for three dice. Two reds (RZ-2s) or two greens (T-70s) or Rey + Finn defense.