Sign in to follow this  
DakkaDakka12

2.0 bomber options?

How are bombs 2.0? I have only heard good things about seismics, but they dont seem like they will cause much damage.

What bombers are worth their price? It seems like trajectory simulator is required in 2.0 as I have not seen bombs without trajectory so far.

Most bombers seem better with torpedoes or missiles at the moment.

Edited by DakkaDakka12

Yeah, if you have the points, some bombs to cover you @$$, literally, is never a bad idea. Punishers with TS are certainly the best dedicated bombers. However, putting them on Ys or TIE bombers are rarely a waste

Do you think 2.0’s bomber options seem a bit lackluster? The lack of potency of 2.0 bombs makes it feel like bombs are only worth it on agile ships or ships with the ability to drop the bomb with any templates other than the 1 straight.

Edited by DakkaDakka12

2 hours ago, DakkaDakka12 said:

Do you think 2.0’s bomber options seem a bit lackluster? The lack of potency of 2.0 bombs makes it feel like bombs are only worth it on agile ships or ships with the ability to drop the bomb with any templates other than the 1 straight.

Well extended has some great bomb options, but Hyperspace there is only 3 ships; Firespray, Y-wing, and Starfortress. So far two of those 3 ships have been said to be pretty good. 

38 minutes ago, Okapi said:

Strikers can't reload though, but then again, how often do you reload with Bombers?

The scurrg can’t reload either and it lost its torp/missile hardpoints so if the scurrg is not a bomber what is it?

13 hours ago, DakkaDakka12 said:

How are bombs 2.0? I have only heard good things about seismics, but they dont seem like they will cause much damage.

What bombers are worth their price? It seems like trajectory simulator is required in 2.0 as I have not seen bombs without trajectory so far.

Most bombers seem better with torpedoes or missiles at the moment.

I was dominating a match running Vader+4 Crack Blacks vs Bomber Y’s. 

On the thrid pass, I was expecting to put the match out of reach, when 2 seismic bombs took out asteroids on both sides of my ties.  Lost 2 injured TIE’s and severely crippled the 3rd and ripped the shields off Vader.  

I’d say yes, bombs are doing well.  

4 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Is the striker not hyperspace legal?

Oops, forgot they can carry bombs or as they are now called devices. I was looking at the TIE Reaper. Either way the TIE Striker is an odd bomber, it doesn't have any other secondary weapons, so yeah 4 options across the factions. Y-wings, Firespray, Starfortress, and TIE Striker. Two of those are known to be good, and the other two, well as just recently demonstrated are barely on the radar. 

1 hour ago, Marinealver said:

Oops, forgot they can carry bombs or as they are now called devices. I was looking at the TIE Reaper. Either way the TIE Striker is an odd bomber, it doesn't have any other secondary weapons, so yeah 4 options across the factions. Y-wings, Firespray, Starfortress, and TIE Striker. Two of those are known to be good, and the other two, well as just recently demonstrated are barely on the radar. 

The Starfortress can chuck bombs (or place them in base contact in the case of Finch), and Emon can throw them all over the place, but other than that they all just drop them. If Boba and Dutch are decent bombers, wouldn't that imply that the Strikers are just as good? Or is it their fragility that's the problem?

3 hours ago, Okapi said:

The Starfortress can chuck bombs (or place them in base contact in the case of Finch), and Emon can throw them all over the place, but other than that they all just drop them. If Boba and Dutch are decent bombers, wouldn't that imply that the Strikers are just as good? Or is it their fragility that's the problem?

Well for Boba and Dutch the Firespray is already a decent platform, the system slot is just a bonus. I haven't tried Striker Bombers (and haven't seen any of them) but if I were going to take a wack I would guess the same problem that Y-wing bombers have is shared with the TIE Striker. But then again that is just a theory as I forgot Strikers could carry bombs but still have yet to see them in action.

6 hours ago, Alyx'sDog said:

I think all bombs are doing just fine right now, and they may be a tad undercosted. 

In late 1.0, all bombs were pretty strong, and now bombs cost around half as much, and can be used 2 times as often per game. 

This is good. That means they will stay relevant.

Or do we want to overcost them and put them where munitions were for four years?

9 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Proximity mines and Conner Nets can't be reloaded, anyway.

True. Been thinking of trying out Nets on my Strikers, but they do get expensive for such a fragile ship.

Honestly often the best bet is keep them as a cheap value add. Prox mines are ok on a Striker, seismic are better. A pair of Strikers with seismics can really mess with your opponents.

Now smarter players may just learn to just eat the bomb, and refuse to play that game. So one thing I’ve liked to do lately is fly Duchess with a Prox, and Countdown with a seismic. Then fly crazy :)

It’s surprisingly effective, because everybody forgets it, and Strikers are squirrelly and can get that bomb where you want it fast.

I’ve never seen anyone else run bombs on Strikers, but I do it every time I have a few points to spare. Give it a go, it is fun.

5 hours ago, millertime059 said:

Honestly often the best bet is keep them as a cheap value add. Prox mines are ok on a Striker, seismic are better. A pair of Strikers with seismics can really mess with your opponents.

Now smarter players may just learn to just eat the bomb, and refuse to play that game. So one thing I’ve liked to do lately is fly Duchess with a Prox, and Countdown with a seismic. Then fly crazy :)

It’s surprisingly effective, because everybody forgets it, and Strikers are squirrelly and can get that bomb where you want it fast.

I’ve never seen anyone else run bombs on Strikers, but I do it every time I have a few points to spare. Give it a go, it is fun.

This looks fun.

Rex and the Seismic Sentinels (199/200)

TIE/D Defender: Rexler Brath (84 + 4) + Juke (4)

TIE/sk Striker: Planetary Sentinel (34 + 3) + Seismic Charges (3)

13 hours ago, millertime059 said:

Prox mines are ok on a Striker

The fact that they come to 40 points on the dot is satisfying. Facing off against a closing net of 5 3-dice attack ships is bad enough before you account for every disengage move being blocked by a wall of mines.