Sign in to follow this  
DM Variyn

Whispers On The Storm

Basically, I'm looking for anyone that has already ran this adventure or has already planned for running it. I want to know how your players did and what they had. Make sure to tell me if you run a high profit factor game with a lot of geared up players or if your game is more low key i.e. your Rogue Trader is scratching at the bottom of the barrel.

Also if you have any idea on how to make the adventure more realistic, fun, or cool! Even if you think its a lame idea post it I might be able to pull something out of it.

Ex: In my game I'm making Captain Keel a agent for the Whispers that ventured out of the Svard System (My PC's arch enemy so far is the Yu'vath). Captain Keel was actually the envoy that ventured into the system. When they met up with the Rogue Trader, Keel just told them a long lie of how a envoy was lost and was sure if they checked up on it they would find out a envoy did travel into that system.

A HUGE PROBLEM! I have been having was thinking of more endeavors for the players to do when there. All those moons and debris floating around the Gas Giant and I can't think of anything. I read what the book say and wasn't totally a fan, but if you can make it sound better post your thoughts.

Second BIG PROBLEM! Anyone have sweet ambush or combat ideas for when the Whispers attack the players? Svard mostly but any of the places they might travel works too.

Lastly, any NPC characters you made or would put in the game. Post the whole character sheet or just a short sentence!

Anything you can give me I would greatly apprieacte. Thanks Lads and Ladies! FOR THE EMPEROR!...And my throne purse.

My lot "happened" across a long abandoned moon giving out a weak signal, they of course investigated and found a long abandoned base atop a huge deep shaft to the moons interior. I had based this encounter on 1 of those mentioned in the scenario, the moon of Kybo; they sent down a security detail after finding a dessicated corpse in the command dome and a repeated signal warning them to stay away from the moon = a warning which, of course, they ignored completely.

They found a stripped barracks at the foot of the shaft, and a large sealed door. The door in turn led to an amazing sight - a long tunnel, full of plants and fauna and lit by Solar lights. The slightly innebriated Admech discovered that one of the many vines was not only flammable but drinkable - and had a fair old alcoholic content, severa other of the plants had narcotic or medical properties making them fairly valuable. It was at the end of this tunnel, however, that they discovered the true treasure; a massive interior cavern tunneled through the moon containing an intact and thriving biosphere. Think Genesis cave!

Their party of Red Shirts had gone on ahead and disappeared off of the chart... a few encounters later and the PC's discovered why; I dipped deeply into the Creature Anathema and created them their very own mini death world. They didn't enjoy it overly, playing tag with plants and discovering a few unfriendly big cats before deciding that discretion was the better part of valour and fell back to the nursery tunnel. Not to be put off, they brought down more Security teams and some heavier equipment and gradually established a slash and burn foothold. They even brought a few small flyers down and investigated deeper into the cave from the air, eventually locating an Admech command module on the roof, some several km away.

The PC's of course headed out in a flyer and investigated. What they found scared them, the Cmd Module was allocating power out to the entire facility but only a small portion of its total power output - the rest was being routed to a shielded area deep within. As they advanced through the area it was obvious that everybody was dead, and that they'd gone down fighting, but fighting what..? They investigated their way into the interior and found where the power was going; a heavily shielded area which supported a small but strong void shield, containing something within. They decided not to press the issue and turn off or reroute anything but instead committed forces to collecting the various local flaura and fauna.

Overall, they have a mystery and a small but lucrative pharmaceutical lab which will, in a while, give them a +1 Profit factor. This small detour took up 2-3 sessions and I largely winged the rest of the cave, with a bit of planning from the Creature Anathema.

Don't leave me hanging!

Whats in the Void Dome!?! What killed their men?!? Where are the rocks inhabitants? If they are all dead, how so? Did the Whispers let out a horrible monster to kill everyone in the lab? How did someone keep the Void Dome up? SO MANY QUESTIONS UNANSWER! Hahaha

This kind of stuff is what I'm talking about. Please, more people feel free to throw your ideas out.

So much unknown...

The PC's aren't sure whether the dome is keeping something trapped, or perhaps keeping something out... thereby indicating that there just possibly may be something valuable inside?!

All of the men are dead, they were clearly killed in combat but in a myriad of ways; some shot, some eviscerated, others in novel and icky ways. What still isn't apparent though, is what killed many of them... They found a reinforced door torn asunder as if it were cardboard.

There were no "civilian" inhabitants of the rock, they were mostly Skitarii and the number of bodies found indicates to the PCs that they made their last stand in the Command Node.

The body of a ranking Admech was found near the jury rigged controls of the Void Dome - its clear that he rerouted most of the facilities power to the dome and that he built the mechanism before dying, but as most of his implants were fused and melted including his Membanks, its impossible to tell how he died or what killed him...

So, a mystery wrapped in intrigue with a dash of greed thrown in for good measure. The Death World like interior is farmable and will produce some high quality Pharmaceutical product to be traded near and far, they can't tamper with the energy output unless they disrupt the Void Dome... hmm.... there may be something valuable inside or they may unleash hell.... decisions decisions...