Sign in to follow this  
Datskor

How good is the "Lord of Subterfuge" uppgrade?

So as there is a chance for some Runewars figures under the three this year. So as i dont have baron Z yet I wonder how good the lord of subterfuge?

And how is the interaction between that uppgrade and scuddle?

8 hours ago, Darth Matthew said:

Its a lot of points to solve a guessing game problem.  Imo, id rather just throw a bane on the problem.  Cant shift if you are immobilized. 

Actually you can shift if it's not a dialed in shift. So scuttling horror or Prince F's E of A ability cannot be counted by a immobilize token. 

I think saying it's allot of points to solve a guessing game is an oversimplification. If you already want a support Baron Z for the free inspiration and vitality then it's only 5 points, so it's only expensive if you are adding it just just to look at dials and aren't looking for other synergies.  It also does a little more than solve the guessing game, it allows you to take bigger gambles knowing you can change your dial. This knowledge can keep your opponent from taking aggressive gambles as well, causing them to play more passively. 

Short version is that it's actually really good if you already are running Baron Z for the vitality.

5 hours ago, QuickWhit said:

Actually you can shift if it's not a dialed in shift. So scuttling horror or Prince F's E of A ability cannot be counted by a immobilize token. 

I think saying it's allot of points to solve a guessing game is an oversimplification. If you already want a support Baron Z for the free inspiration and vitality then it's only 5 points, so it's only expensive if you are adding it just just to look at dials and aren't looking for other synergies.  It also does a little more than solve the guessing game, it allows you to take bigger gambles knowing you can change your dial. This knowledge can keep your opponent from taking aggressive gambles as well, causing them to play more passively. 

Short version is that it's actually really good if you already are running Baron Z for the vitality.

That’s exactly what I was using him for.  The Vitality works well with Rune Golems to keep them around and tie up enemy forces while my Spearstar crunches things (not to mention the Baron’s own attacks)...

I've played against it once, the guy playing it is newer to the game, but it helped him a lot. In a competitive setting, I could see it being as tilt-worthy as scuttle or etharyon.