Jump to content
Velvetelvis

Now that all factions only have about 4 ships for tournaments...

Recommended Posts

 Is there any podcasts out there that focus on 2.0 hyperspace? It seems that everything out there is focused on the old extended format.

The old YouTube videos from the outdated events over the last few weeks only show extended which isnt use full when working on 2.0 squads and tactics.

Do we think a hyperspace online media empire will be born? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GSP, talked about Hyperspace, it's impact and it's future in their latest podcast. They also did talk about the survey they just put out as well, which specifically talked about the upcoming points adjustment. As to Hyperspace exclusive I would think by the lead into the first tournament all relevant podcasts will switch to mostly Hyperspace. I don't think extended will go away, unless FFG moves completely away from it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'd like to see more youtube videos of 2.0 stuff, Games with the new stuff. I find ones like I think its the designers covenant where they explain everything to be very educational. I'm not worried about the format and actually like seeing games with what I would use in friendly games at home.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ForceM said:

My guess is that there are not yet a lot of tournaments with the format to broadcast that happened, and that this will come with time.

What i would wish for is that they boycott hypershite for boringness... 😉 (would you like more Boba vs Boba anyone?)

Last time Star Wars fans boycotted something, something actually really really good got hurt for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may not know much about the tournament scene at large, but I’m so very confused why people are so concerned about hyperspace legality.

Are the hyperspace tournaments just that much more accessible than the System opens? And then people want their local tournaments and casual play to be whatever gets them ready for bigger tournaments like Hyperspace?

I mean if you like extended just keep playing extended, is there a problem with that?

Edited by SpiderMana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

And then people want their local tournaments and casual play to be whatever gets them ready for bigger tournaments like Hyperspace?

 

I think this might be the thing. A lot of people I play against are starting to prep for the big ones next Spring. No better prep than to identify and practice a list for it in your regular schedule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

Already booked two major multi-day tournaments for the first half of 2019, both using extended rules.

Not convinced there's an issue here.

Yeaaaah this is more what I feel like it should be, but I’m seeing more and more people care about Hyperspace, even those I wouldn’t have thought would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not both?

We had almost perfectly half extended and half 2e/hyperspace tournaments here. Same people with the usual fluctuation. Of course everyone prefers one or the other, often suspiciously correlating with their success. But that doesn't mean we play only one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Why not both?

We had almost perfectly half extended and half 2e/hyperspace tournaments here. Same people with the usual fluctuation. Of course everyone prefers one or the other, often suspiciously correlating with their success. But that doesn't mean we play only one.

I can get behind this, for sure. Maybe that’s why I find it odd how focused on Hyperspace many seem to be.

I’ll tend to prefer Extended just for the options, but I’ll still give Hyperspace a shot, especially once Republic and CIS are out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont think there can be both.

Most people are more interested in playing hyperspace lists. I also would not be surprised if the more obscure ships like starvipers, tie aggressors ,khirakzxxszx, scyks,gunboats,k wings , e wings and so on actually NEVER get a 2.0 relaunch and are left to fade into the non cannon. Non new Disney past.

By pushing hyperspace as the major format its created the perfect window to just let the past die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Velvetelvis said:

let the past die.

The actual lesson was "we are what they grow beyond".

We here being the 1.0 dinosaurs that are too fixed on just one format. There is no point to be anxious about possible futures. FFG released ships in a frequency never seen before, 13+* in three months. Currently, there is no reason to believe they will willingly slow down and forgoe more depth (=more ships) over time.

15 minutes ago, Velvetelvis said:

I dont think there can be both.

It is here. Maybe one will become more popular over time. But so far the more common format was extended, and now with more options for Hyperspace it makes sense that the balance tips to the other side.

*T65, Y, U, TIE, Adv, Reaper, Firespray, Fang, LandoFalcon, MinigTIE, RZ2, T70, FO with 6 more around the corner for Wave III

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Velvetelvis said:

By pushing hyperspace as the major format its created the perfect window to just let the past die

Extended is still played in the System Open series, which is for bigger conventions and venues. They are pushing both right now.

Edited by Ikka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

On precisely what evidence do you base this claim?

Facts and figures, please.

I’ll give some local (my area) data. Every place I play within 45 minutes of me are changing there league rules to “Hyperspace” only and most casual play has already fully switched over to Hyperspace. 

With Hyperspace being the preferred route of tournaments in 2019 and forward this change will continue. FFG OP extended only really supports the System Opens. The OP Hyperspace route is more friendly and incentive based now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Velvetelvis said:

I dont think there can be both.

Most people are more interested in playing hyperspace lists. I also would not be surprised if the more obscure ships like starvipers, tie aggressors ,khirakzxxszx, scyks,gunboats,k wings , e wings and so on actually NEVER get a 2.0 relaunch and are left to fade into the non cannon. Non new Disney past.

By pushing hyperspace as the major format its created the perfect window to just let the past die.

As much as this theory makes me want to sad-face, I also kinda agree. 

Ships like E-Wing and K-Wing and more obscure (non-movie) scum ships should probably be put waaaay on the back burner for re-releases ... if ever. 

If all we got is some semi-viable conversion kit material to field these first edition ships, I guess I'd be okay with that. 

With the expectation, of course, that if any of these get screen time they will immediately be thrown towards to the top of the list and be guaranteed an individual re-release. 

EDIT:

(I mean, come on, how else can we justify the release of the Mining Guild TIE over the re-release of almost ANY other popular scum ship like IGs or Starvipers. 

It was in a show. 

Average fans see something, then average fans want to fly it in X-Wing. )

Edited by Bucknife

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bucknife said:

I mean, come on, how else can we justify the release of the Mining Guild TIE over the re-release of almost ANY other popular scum ship like IGs or Starvipers...

Nah, I don't buy it.  The Z-95 has already had a re-release announced, in Black Sun colours no less.

Sounds like a lot of totally unsubstantiated knee jerkery to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Velvetelvis said:

I dont think there can be both.

Most people are more interested in playing hyperspace lists. I also would not be surprised if the more obscure ships like starvipers, tie aggressors ,khirakzxxszx, scyks,gunboats,k wings , e wings and so on actually NEVER get a 2.0 relaunch and are left to fade into the non cannon. Non new Disney past.

By pushing hyperspace as the major format its created the perfect window to just let the past die.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

Nah, I don't buy it.  The Z-95 has already had a re-release announced, in Black Sun colours no less.

Sounds like a lot of totally unsubstantiated knee jerkery to me.

Hey, Gecko, you might be right. 

There's not a lot of hard evidence on this one. After all... we're only on wave 2. 

A lot of us here generally enjoy theorizing and bantering about "what-ifs". 

Call it "knee-jerkery" if you want, but I think casual discussion about the state of the game is why these forums exist to begin with. 

I'm kind of tired of forum peeps getting a bad rap for talking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bucknife said:

Hey, Gecko, you might be right. 

There's not a lot of hard evidence on this one. After all... we're only on wave 2. 

A lot of us here generally enjoy theorizing and bantering about "what-ifs". 

Call it "knee-jerkery" if you want, but I think casual discussion about the state of the game is why these forums exist to begin with. 

I'm kind of tired of forum peeps getting a bad rap for talking.

No problem with talking, at all.

Just... the kneejerkery is kinda justified when the threads always assume the worst case and go from there. Why not casual discussion with a bit more optimism and theorizing about positive what-ifs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...