Totengraber

Commando Strike Teams?

28 minutes ago, crx3800 said:

But you CAN make a full squad of one and a strike team of another from the same box. Even has two command tokens in it. 

...yes. not to sound like a jerk, but the directions are clearly stated and the articles plus community commentary clearly help with this. This post was redundant and shows your lack of research capability. Good luck.

On 12/21/2018 at 1:49 PM, Docgimmethenews said:

...yes. not to sound like a jerk, but the directions are clearly stated and the articles plus community commentary clearly help with this. This post was redundant and shows your lack of research capability. Good luck.

You must be a blast to play with. Also, why would you quote me instead of the OP? Seems you need to do more......research?

On 12/21/2018 at 2:27 PM, jocke01 said:

My tip is to use a spare rebel trooper Body or imp assault mini to convert an extra sniper/proton guy/gal. 

I bought 2 boxes, but I can play with 3 strike teams if I want.

2 boxes won’t have the cards required to field 3 strike teams. 

57 minutes ago, Pooleman said:

If at least two teams are identical, does a duplicate card serve any purpose?  As long as I have there is a list printed out or otherwise on hand, the cards are just there for stats. 

There's an argument for exhausted weapons/skills I suppose. Rifle modes for pathfinder types too. 

3 hours ago, Pooleman said:

I use the same card for units with the same upgrade and then use the number tokens to mark wich units belong to with card.

I only use one card no matter how many units i play with. 1 card set (strike team and heavy weapon upgrade) works for 3 of the same unit. 1 card for all my z6 units and 1 card for all my fleet troopers. The unique figures get their own cards and upgrades. There is so much redundancy and over use of cards in this game. If there was a decent printer friendly army builder I'd never use any cards for this game. If i played more and didnt need to look up rules or show my friends the rules, i wouldn't use the cards at all. 

Most of ffg games suffer from too much extraneous cards and tokens and way too much time to set up a game as opposed to time playing the game

4 hours ago, Katarn said:

If at least two teams are identical, does a duplicate card serve any purpose?  As long as I have there is a list printed out or otherwise on hand, the cards are just there for stats. 

There's an argument for exhausted weapons/skills I suppose. Rifle modes for pathfinder types too. 

I personally don’t think it’s a big deal but some people you face will get hurt about it. 

6 hours ago, Pooleman said:

I personally don’t think it’s a big deal but some people you face will get hurt about it. 

I know a couple of people who insist on laying out cards for their spammed stormtroopers with DLTs but everyone I've met seems to operate on a 'your army, your business' sort of philosophy.  If they get upset at that they'd have a full on meltdown playing Armada with me- I use a dry wipe pen instead of any of the tokens. 

7 hours ago, Katarn said:

I know a couple of people who insist on laying out cards for their spammed stormtroopers with DLTs but everyone I've met seems to operate on a 'your army, your business' sort of philosophy.  If they get upset at that they'd have a full on meltdown playing Armada with me- I use a dry wipe pen instead of any of the tokens. 

You draw on your cards??? 😳😱

7 hours ago, Katarn said:

To each his own...

All these games take too long to set up for my taste anyway. It's hard enough to get time to play a full game.

We also live in a world where the majority of 11 year olds carry computer/phones with the internet at their fingertips. I make my lists online where all the cards are accessible

Edited by buckero0

10 hours ago, Katarn said:

Personally, I never lay out all the cards if I have identical squads. But I will personally NEVER field an army for which I do not personally own all the cards. 

I only lay out seperate units when they have something that might be used differently, such as emergency stims where each unit will need to keep track of its own. 

Since my stormies tend to be the same, I usually just have one page with whatever I took. 

Edited by crx3800