Sign in to follow this  
Ranker

Are any of last week's 2nd edition releases new?

4 hours ago, TrueMandalorian said:

The Resistance a-wing is new.

4 hours ago, Hawkstrike said:

Mining Guild TIE is new.

There you go, 2 new ships.

The Scum get their TIE Fighter being the 3rd faction to get one which will be another cheap ship for Scum becoming the faction of the swarms. It is a TIE Fighter that has a big advantage with Asteroids being able to move through them without penalty. The Z-95 will not be Hyperspace Legal until wave 3 so if you want to swarm then you have to use a TIE Swarm. But now you got 3 factions to chose from.

Resistance is the exact opposite with their cheapest ship the A-wing coming at a whopping 32 points, but the Resistance is emphasis on upgrades as for 2 more points you get the green squadron pilot which also has the classic "A-wing Test Pilot" that gives you 2 talent slots that was taken from the Rebels and given to the resistance. In addition it has an alternating firing arc that can shoot out the back or the front (but never sides). 

Basically, if its just a cosmetic change, I wouldn't pull the trigger.  But if its got new upgrade cards not accessible except through its purchase or its for a new faction to be tournament legal, I'll pull the trigger.  

FYI, I've been station overseas for the last 3 months so I haven't had the chance to open up 2nd E just yet but would like to be caught up the moment I'm back stateside. 

The Resistance A-Wing is fully new. Ship, cards, dial, chits. Don't think it has 'new' upgrade cards, as I think they are all in the Resistance conversion kit.

Mining Tie is fully new. Ship, cards, dial, chits. No new upgrade cards though.

The T-70 and FO aren't new at all. All comes in the conversion kits and the ships are the old ships (except the T-70 wings move).

Striker and Z-95 are all in the Conversion kits, Z-95 just has a new paint scheme.

51 minutes ago, InterceptorMad said:

The Resistance A-Wing is fully new. Ship, cards, dial, chits. Don't think it has 'new' upgrade cards, as I think they are all in the Resistance conversion kit.

Mining Tie is fully new. Ship, cards, dial, chits. No new upgrade cards though.

The T-70 and FO aren't new at all. All comes in the conversion kits and the ships are the old ships (except the T-70 wings move).

Striker and Z-95 are all in the Conversion kits, Z-95 just has a new paint scheme.

Ferrosphere paint is an RZ2 box only.

2 hours ago, Ranker said:

FYI, I've been station overseas for the last 3 months so I haven't had the chance to open up 2nd E just yet but would like to be caught up the moment I'm back stateside. 

To get into 2nd ed you're gonna need a new core set, and a conversion kit for one of your factions. Those two things will get you in, but there are going to be some significant differences between 2nd ed, and what you're used to. It's basically an entirely new game, but it's letting you convert in old ships in from the previous edition. If your collection is particularly large, you may want to stick with just one kit to start. Converting all 5 factions, plus a core set retails at around $250.00 USD.

Stuff that isn't in the kits and core set would be Lando's Falcon expansion, Mining Tie expansion, and Resistance A-wing expansion. There's also the Wave 14 stuff from 1st ed that is compatible as well. Everything else is in the core or kits.

On a slightly different angle ...

As an OCD collector, do you think that the latest conversion kits have anything that will not be available in the new/next release of the ships covered in the kits ?  I don't want to 'waste' the limited funds I'm allowed by getting the kits only to double up on all of the cards as the ships are release. 

1 hour ago, ausxwing said:

On a slightly different angle ...

As an OCD collector, do you think that the latest conversion kits have anything that will not be available in the new/next release of the ships covered in the kits ?  I don't want to 'waste' the limited funds I'm allowed by getting the kits only to double up on all of the cards as the ships are release. 

FFG have stated that everything in the conversion kits will eventually be re-released. that should be the same for the two new ones as well. Expect to start seeing ships re-release with some of them only featuring components from the conversion kits (like the Wave 3 Tie Striker and Z-95), and others with new components in addition to what's in the kits. 

Edited by Hippie Moosen

Ok, as someone who has at least 1 of everything from 1st Ed (more often multiples), I'm good to go as also a fellow OCD collector/tourney ready player if I've already pulled the trigger on 1 2nd Ed Core, 1 of each of the 4 faction conversion kits, and Lando and will purchase Mining TIE, Resistance A-wing.  

I assume Tie Striker and Z-95 won't see anything new that we haven't gotten from the conversion kits?  

43 minutes ago, Ranker said:

I assume Tie Striker and Z-95 won't see anything new that we haven't gotten from the conversion kits?

Striker has a Connor Net template and from what I understand the kits didn't.