Sign in to follow this  
Greenknight08

Deck Back Colors - Does it mean anything?

Just now, KFMixer said:

This is a good question.  I haven't given this any thought at all.  I will review my 14 decks for a pattern.  

I am hoping that this is random, and that the color doesn't give clues as to what's powerful in a deck.

I would love it if the color was an easter egg we have yet to find! 

Took me ages to get a purple backed deck for some reason... I got 20+ decks: mostly white, green and yellows followed by blues and red and orange more rare... and only one (!) purple.

For a while it was actually on my wanted list:

• Puple back
  • Shadows/Mars/Logos deck
  • Maverick
  • Horsemen

(only horsemen remain)

9 minutes ago, Robin Graves said:

Took me ages to get a purple backed deck for some reason... I got 20+ decks: mostly white, green and yellows followed by blues and red and orange more rare... and only one (!) purple.

For a while it was actually on my wanted list:

• Puple back
  • Shadows/Mars/Logos deck
  • Maverick
  • Horsemen

(only horsemen remain)

I gave two decks to a friend, one of them was a Horseman Deck!! My very first deck: Regisacred of the Gangster's Fortress was a Horseman deck.

For me the bugbear is the Maverik zero so far.

12 hours ago, Whiz Canmaj said:

One day, they'll start printing cards that care about the colour of your opponent's deck. 😁

"Seeing Red" Brobnar

Action

Ready and Fight with a friendly creature. If your opponent's deck colour is Red, do it again.

Hmm, I could potentially see something like that happening; Keyforge is pretty unique. I heard somewhere (cannot cite a source) that future sets would use the key color for an effect so why not. 

10 minutes ago, Greenknight08 said:

Hmm, I could potentially see something like that happening; Keyforge is pretty unique. I heard somewhere (cannot cite a source) that future sets would use the key color for an effect so why not. 

Seems likely because the tournament rules specifically state you need a red, yellow and blue key, but has not been confirmed afaik

16 hours ago, Amanal said:

I gave two decks to a friend, one of them was a Horseman Deck!! My very first deck: Regisacred of the Gangster's Fortress was a Horseman deck.

For me the bugbear is the Maverik zero so far.

Each of the 10 decks I have given to a friend has had a Maverick (Shadows doesn't need a Witch of the Eye, c'mon). Bought myself a case to crack for aember shards and not a single one.

5 hours ago, KandyKidZero said:

Each of the 10 decks I have given to a friend has had a Maverick (Shadows doesn't need a Witch of the Eye, c'mon). Bought myself a case to crack for aember shards and not a single one.

Man, I'd love a Witch of the Eye in Shadows,Lots of cool cards that end up killing your own creatures.

Wow, that's rough.

23 hours ago, KandyKidZero said:

Each of the 10 decks?, like everyone had a maverick? That is some kinda lucky indeed. I have mostly bronze and yellow archons so far. My only Maverick out of 14 decks, X. Steele of the Cackling School (Untamed, Logos, Sanctum) is a Untamed Wild Wormhole in the same deck with my Logos Wild Wormhole, each one in a different house LOL. Funny how that one Maverick card in Untamed can have some super silly plays.

New theory: Has anyone noticed that their symmetrical Archons tend to be better decks?🤨

1 hour ago, player3686594 said:

Each of the 10 decks?, like everyone had a maverick? That is some kinda lucky indeed. I have mostly bronze and yellow archons so far. My only Maverick out of 14 decks, X. Steele of the Cackling School (Untamed, Logos, Sanctum) is a Untamed Wild Wormhole in the same deck with my Logos Wild Wormhole, each one in a different house LOL. Funny how that one Maverick card in Untamed can have some super silly plays.

New theory: Has anyone noticed that their symmetrical Archons tend to be better decks?🤨

Yeah, each. All of the ones I have given to friend have been random decks I picked up here and there just to have on hand to get people playing.

ME: "So here is your unique deck, you have three of seven houses, yadda yadda, some decks will have something called a 'Maverick' which is denoted by a symbol. They are about one in every 12 decks or so and are really nea..."

FRIEND: "This symbol?"

M: *blinks* "Yup, that the symbol. Let's see what card it is."

[Shadows Witch of the Eye, Mars Control the Weak, Mars Hidden Stash, Sanctum Soft Landing, etc.]

Me: "Well time to go by a box of decks for myself"...*no mavericks* "Well, at least I have this key that will do something someday, maybe, hopefully..."

5 hours ago, KandyKidZero said:

Yeah, each. All of the ones I have given to friend have been random decks I picked up here and there just to have on hand to get people playing.

ME: "So here is your unique deck, you have three of seven houses, yadda yadda, some decks will have something called a 'Maverick' which is denoted by a symbol. They are about one in every 12 decks or so and are really nea..."

FRIEND: "This symbol?"

M: *blinks* "Yup, that the symbol. Let's see what card it is."

[Shadows Witch of the Eye, Mars Control the Weak, Mars Hidden Stash, Sanctum Soft Landing, etc.]

Me: "Well time to go by a box of decks for myself"...*no mavericks* "Well, at least I have this key that will do something someday, maybe, hopefully..."

If it was me I'd be all: "Wow look at all these misprints! These decks are defective. Here, let me take these and I'll get you a proper box." :D

LOL I admit the greed monster was strong in me when I bought a box of decks and was going to give them away as a Xmas Draft event but luckily I managed to open a Maverick and a horsemen deck before we began the draft with the 12 decks from separate purchases at my LGS. Out of 14 decks I have accomplished most of what I wanted, still want to get a Brobnar, Dis, Untamed deck though I think that will be my favorite if it has dust imps and pixies and soul snatcher.

Sanctum Soft Landing, cards that are specific to another house in another house like that other player who had a Brobnar Pitlord and no Dis=LOL. I am pretty happy with my simple Untamed Wild Wormhole, it has come in handy: randomly😁

16 hours ago, Robin Graves said:

If it was me I'd be all: "Wow look at all these misprints! These decks are defective. Here, let me take these and I'll get you a proper box." :D

I have one deck that is misprinted, like 3 to 5 of the cards are off center, it's pretty funny but I am unsure if I am allowed to use that deck in tourney due to the off center backs and fronts, do I get a freebie? Hahaha

Edited by player3686594

3 hours ago, player3686594 said:

I have one deck that is misprinted, like 3 to 5 of the cards are off center, it's pretty funny but I am unsure if I am allowed to use that deck in tourney due to the off center backs and fronts, do I get a freebie? Hahaha 

Could go either way, maybe they'll offer you a choice of opaque sleeves or a replacement deck :D

6 hours ago, player3686594 said:

My brother had a deck with damaged cards, contacted customer service and they sent him a new one.  Worth a try.

Edited by Palpster

20 hours ago, Admiral Deathrain said:

Could go either way, maybe they'll offer you a choice of opaque sleeves or a replacement deck :D

18 hours ago, Palpster said:

My brother had a deck with damaged cards, contacted customer service and they sent him a new one.  Worth a try.

Cool thanks for the advice, it doesn't hurt to ask😎