Marzaums

Season 4 kit article

Huh.  The ol' DP-20, eh?

Wonder if the alt art suggested a direction FFG was going to go with something...?and changed their minds?  Or it's still in the pipe?  (Kind of hard to see where, though - would rather the Dornean Gunship as a flotilla than the sort-of-heavier-CR90 that the DP-20 was usually implemented as)

1 minute ago, xanderf said:

Huh.  The ol' DP-20, eh?

Wonder if the alt art suggested a direction FFG was going to go with something...?and changed their minds?  Or it's still in the pipe?  (Kind of hard to see where, though - would rather the Dornean Gunship as a flotilla than the sort-of-heavier-CR90 that the DP-20 was usually implemented as)

It's the same art as the original. 

2 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

It's the same art as the original. 

Ah, sort of, yeah I guess.

I mean, the "original" (looking at the card) certainly focused more on the laser fire itself and the ship only half visible (and poorly lit).  This one the alt-art definitely made more of a difference on, in that it's very clear it's a DP-20, now.

(And as stupid as I always thought the original design looked - apparently it's re-entered canon and the new drawings of it...aren't awful.)

6 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

The 3 black redirects annoy me a bit when the last two quarters had 5 white tokens.  Be consistent, FFG.  It's gonna be hard to have enough for a fleet.

The alt arts are nice though.

They're consistent with the old set of tokens that many of us have.  They started a new set before they had completed the old set.  So glad to finally have green redirect tokens!

Just now, Vergilius said:

They're consistent with the old set of tokens that many of us have.  They started a new set before they had completed the old set.  So glad to finally have green redirect tokens!

In that case, I stand corrected and I'm happy.  I thought redirects had already been released.

Boosted comms is a pretty good card to give out... I like that they paired it with slaved turrets... Seems like a safe bet we'll get dp20 in future, most ships we've seen in cards eventually seem to make it to game.

Do these count as alt-art? They're continuing the trend of using the original art, just more of the images (or larger ones). Still, shiny redirects, and useful "alt-arts".

Also means all of the last 3 and 6 of the last 7 Armada-specific articles have been prize kits...

Edited by Grumbleduke

I had a slight panic attack, when I did not see this announcement in conjunction with the other Season 4 stuff, but I just missed it so we're good.  Other than the tokens I'm kinda meh about the rest. Though the yavaris tilte will be kids cool, I'm just glad we continue to get support for OP.

Yeah that's some cool cards. I'm just glad to see there's still support for the game, these kits always help our local group keep ticking over.I would much rather a healthy number of events to keep the game alive than extra expansions just packed away and not seeing a tabletop. ****, I'm still toying around with list ideas after the last wave...

3 hours ago, xanderf said:

Huh.  The ol' DP-20, eh?

They have the same art in the Edge of the Empire CRB. I often run across familiar cards while browsing the RPG line books or even in IA, because FFG keeps using the art throughtout its different product lines. (NOthing wrong with that, just pointing out)